Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
AHS Announcements
Staff Announcement

A Mysterious Message!
Read Yours!

Now Up to the Plate!
Read More!

A new skin has been added in honor of the season! Also, Brackenridge Manor has opened it's doors! The butler has some words of warning for you.

Cordially, Icarus
Main Storyline Information

Current Storyline Thread
Party at Brackenridge

Welcome, you are currently not logged in. Without being logged in you are limited to posting in Contact the Staff and the Advertising forum. You are welcome to read as much as you like, but when you are ready to join, go ahead and read the rules and create an account!

Create an Account!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[Lord Massacre] EP
Topic Started: Jun 20 2014, 02:29 AM (3,153 Views)
TaintedZERO
Member Avatar
;;21stCentury//SCHIZOID
[ * ]
"Extracurriculars aren't mandatory, but seeing as you don't currently have anything on your agenda, I highly suggest that you find something to occupy yourself with."

"Uh huh..."

"Look, I get where you're coming from. You don't care for co-op activities, and I respect that. But when the board members are involved, I don't think you have much choice."

"Uh huh..."

"Believe me when I say I'm on your side here. This is the only easy alternative you've got after getting into a fight, especially with students from another school. Hell, a school without a single metahuman. You probably don't even realize how much PR the administration office had to do after your dumb brawl."

"Listen uh, can I fuckin' go now?"

Normally, Ms. Fusaku Emiri wouldn't even have bothered with this whole mess, and leave the redheaded boy to his own devices in a tribunal held by the board members themselves. But as of late, she was starting to actually notice the dynamics of her homeroom students, and because of that, actually bothered to care.

"Oh for fuck's sake, Urahara! Before it was just your damn games. I don't know what you're playing at now, but it's sure as hell not making me smile. Get out of here...it's up to you now. You can join a club or whatever, or you can deal with the board members yourself. I've said my piece. I'm done..."

Without a second thought, Urahara Daisuke was out the door. As if he was going to join a club, and the tribunal could suck it. In fact, it wasn't even his fault. It was those punks from another school that were cornering that first year AHS girl, and they just happened to be in his line of sight while he was in a bad mood. He cursed under his breath as he considered that he wouldn't even be in this mess if that dumb first year stuck around to vouch for the redhead sticking up for her.

"All out of their fucking minds. Those punks, that idiot freshman, the cops, the board, that bitch Fusaku-"

He stopped and stared down a couple of students wearing the Student Council armbands that were facing one of the classroom doors in the hallway. He overheard their conversation.

"-just too loud. No one can possibly study like this." They froze for a moment while Daisuke took his bad mood out on the two and glared at them as he approached.
Edited by TaintedZERO, Jun 20 2014, 02:41 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
Everyone's Favorite Badass...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(You may be wondering what the hell those two students were talking about. Well, they were here to complain about the noise that persisted while they were studying. The 'noise' was not a normal noise, per se, though. It was, in fact, music. Their problem was that it could be heard from practically anywhere around here. And why? Because it wasn't just a simple setup. No no no... OUTSIDE of the offices and admin sector, faculty-and-so-on, the wholeness of the building Daisuke was in now, was a killer setup. A pile of stereos hooked up like madness, a bunch of instruments, and two guys...so far. Who were they? Niko Renzo and...Eddie Rabbleshlack! Eddie was attracting music-lovers to the area, with Niko on the drum set, playing a few varied tunes with him to get people's attention...)

(So far, it was mostly entertaining for people to see and hear, or irritating for those who were trying to do something serious like study, hence the council people inside of the building registering a complaint.)

TaintedZERO
Member Avatar
;;21stCentury//SCHIZOID
[ * ]
Because he was so engrossed with being angry with everything around him, Daisuke didn't even notice that the entire hall was pumping with rock music. It was only until he set his glare upon the poor council members that his ears caught up with his surroundings. By this, his eardrums were actually jumping in his head from the power of the sound. He'd never actually been to one himself, but Daisuke believed that even a concert couldn't stimulate his hearing this much. It must have been something else; something in the performance itself that was making him feel this way.

Tearing his eyes from the two council members, he gazed instead at the shut door, which was doing nothing at all to keep the music contained in the room. Daisuke wasn't familiar with whatever was playing, nor did he know who was playing. All he knew was that they were good enough to get his foot tapping and able to get his lips to curl into an ambitious smirk.

As soon as the current song finished, Daisuke pushed the two council members away from the door, and all but ripped the door open, creating a scene and highlighting his presence. Regardless of what he'd find behind the door, Daisuke, ever sneering, would recklessly call out to the two culprits of the day's noise complaint.

"You takin' requests?"
Edited by TaintedZERO, Jun 25 2014, 04:05 AM.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(He would find a small crowd there, random students and onlookers who were totally into it instead of complaining. He would find Niko at the drums, wearing mostly black and wearing sunglasses. He would find Eddie in his usual coat and attire, with a Cat in the Hat type of hat lazily resting on his head along with his own sunglasses. Eddie was a weird guy at times. He would find...that alot of people were staring at him now as he spoke.)

"You takin' requests?"

(The two boys look at each other for a moment, then back at him.)

Eddie: Dude, we're taking volunteers.

(At this point, Daisuke might notice several papers skrewn about the place with a small pile of same at Eddie's feet, a number of which had been planted around the campus as well at various places. They said "Join the Glorious Movement, the Tempo Brigade, the Tune Platoon - or rather, Eddie Rabbleshlack's Band of Awesome!". It was hard to tell which of these jokers had made this thing, but it seemed obvious that they were here to drum up - no pun intended - interest in a band and a concert-type deal.)
Edited by Lord Massacre, Jun 25 2014, 02:05 PM.

TaintedZERO
Member Avatar
;;21stCentury//SCHIZOID
[ * ]
"Dude, we're taking volunteers."

The redhead raised an eyebrow at the unexpected response. However, it wasn't a statement made out of the blue. A breeze from one of the open windows blew a piece of paper, identical to the ones at the blond boy's feet...and to those spread out on the classroom floor, and apparently also to the postings along the hallways, onto Daisuke's shoe. Glorious Movement. Tempo Brigade. Tune Platoon. Some Band of Awesome. Huh, so the need for volunteers was legit.

Striding up to Eddie, flyer in hand, Daisuke prodded the paper into his chest and stared him down for a bit, saying nothing. Then suddenly, Daisuke would rip the microphone from its stand, ever keeping his eyes locked onto Eddie's. Abrasive as he was, rather than a glare fit to rub anyone the wrong way, the glint in his eyes resembled more of a mischievous challenge.

"Icky Thump. Can you keep up?"
Edited by TaintedZERO, Jun 25 2014, 03:32 PM.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(There seemed to be a pause from the red-haired boy as he processed Eddie's words. Yeah, he was serious, alright. Eddie Rabbleshlack can do alot of stuff all on his own, but he also likes to try out the different flavors of other people's talents. I mean, for instance, Vivia in class was DAYUM GOOD at singing. So anyway, Daisuke stepped up and put a sheet of paper against Eddie's chest before takin' the mic.)

"Icky Thump. Can you keep up?"

Eddie: With my eyes closed.

Niko: Hang on, accessing...

(Niko was going wireless for a moment in his head. Reploid perk. He nodded a few seconds later.)

Niko: I got it. You may fire when ready.

(Yyyup, this is happenin' folks. The anti-'Suke was throwin' down the music gauntlet.)

TaintedZERO
Member Avatar
;;21stCentury//SCHIZOID
[ * ]
He resumed his sneer and relieved his thumb from Eddie's chest, allowing for the Band of Awesome flyer to float to the floor. As he went to try the spot near the mic stand on for size, he realized that students were still staring at him because of his shameless entrance. The Daisuke that people were used to would've wilted at the first incoming glance, let alone choose to stand in front of a crowd. But that Daisuke was nowhere to be seen.

Ya-ee!
Icky thump, who'da thunk?
Sitting drunk on a wagon to Mexico
Ah well, what a chump
Well, my head got a bump
When I hit it on the radio

Redhead seņorita looking dead
Came and said "Need a bed?" en Espaņol
I said "Gimme a drink of water,
I'm gonna 'sing around the collar'
And I don't need a microphone"

Something unexpected would escape the redhead's lips as soon as he hit the verse. He made sure never to let anyone find out that he belted a tune regularly in the shower, or that he sang along with his computer. Even then, he was like a gem in the rough. No Enrico Caruso here, but he had a strong voice with a good ear and pitch. His English was also fluent, so there was no awkward pronunciation. These, together with his current...panache came together to turn Daisuke into quite the showman.

And he was definitely displaying some of that...showmanship; ripping his tie off, undoing a few buttons from his dress shirt, and sharing a few body waves with some girls in the front row during the guitar solo.

Icky thump with a lump in my throat
Grabbed my coat and I was freaking
I was ready to go
And I swear besides the hair she had one white eye,
One blank stare looking up, lying there
On the stand near her hand was a candy cane
Black rum, sugar cane, dry ice, something strange
La la-la la la-la, la la-la la laa laa laa~

Walking by an open door, most likely the origin of the blaring music, one platinum-haired, amber-eyed student stuck his head in to see who exactly was drowning out the PA system. Kazahara Masaki's eyes bugged out of his head when he saw that the school's acoustics were being hijacked by three guys in his class, especially since one of them barely spoke louder than 30dB (that of a whisper).

Whipping out his phone, Masaki snapped a few photos of the impromptu band members, taking care to snap clear shots of the redhead, especially capturing his less-than-tasteful deviation from the dress code. Going through his contact list, he attached one of the images and began composing a text to a newspaper editor. (Reasons for having this sort of person in his list, he wouldn't say.)

Pictures of UraSpace Technologies' heir letting loose and rocking out. Offer?

White Americans, what?
Nothing better to do?
Why don't you kick yourself out?
You're an immigrant, too
Who's using who? What should we do?
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too

Meanwhile, those two student council members gave up on trying to deal with the problem themselves, and chose instead to get a teacher's help. Bringing the only one currently at their desk, the two brought their backup with them. Just like the platinum-haired student earlier, Ms. Fusaku stared dumbfounded at what she saw.

She expected something like this from Eddie Rabbleshlack. In fact, as soon as she heard the first note booming through the hallways, she was almost certain that the one to have the gall for all of this was Eddie. Niko Renzo on the drums didn't really surprise her either, since the two seemed to be close. But Urahara Daisuke, the delicate "prince" of her homeroom class, the one whose voice she still wasn't used to hearing because he was so damn meek, made her almost want to throw her hands in the air and yell "Nope!" Even if this wasn't the usual Daisuke of her class, this one had the nerve and apathy to walk out on her lecture about extracurriculars.

And now here he was, losing himself into a microphone...and swaying and thrusting like a madman. Well, maybe the board would let his little scrap go with this...

Icky thump handcuffed to a bunk robbed blind
Looked around and there was nobody else
Left alone I hit myself with a stone
Went home and learned how to clean up after myself

By the end, Daisuke was subtly catching his breath, while beads of sweat dotted his forehead behind his fringe of crimson hair. Sure, summer was beginning, and he was moving around a bit more than he was used to. But never having done something quite like performing, Daisuke was only now getting over the high that came from rocking out. The excitement that he felt hearing Eddie's and Niko's wall of sound was nothing compared to this.

Wide eyed and a bit bewildered, Daisuke turned to the two of them, shrugged, and quipped.

"You do this kinda thing alot, then?"

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(The daring that was Eddie Rabbleshlack had originally started this because the faculty - or rather the school's support faculty, not the teachers, per se - had gotten on his case about things and he had a longstanding feud with those people. This was one form of his payback. another had just been to go Kamen Rider on their asses. Even still, this was the more fun of the two, because he had this audience. Right now, Daisuke had stepped up with his own request, blasting out those words with the music well. It was enjoyable, plus a break on Eddie's vocal cords. Granted, he had capacity, but he also had 16 bottles of water for the occasion, juuust in case. He noticed someone taking pictures, of course, but so what? People did that all the time. As for the teacher, Eddie just gave her a smile and a nod while she was there. When it was finally over...)

"You do this kinda thing alot, then?"

Eddie: Any chance I get. I was practically born to perform.

(Ask him about his old man sometime, the science dude with a mansion rigged to become a sonic amplifier/converter that plays music all the time and is an open boarding hall for college students.)

TaintedZERO
Member Avatar
;;21stCentury//SCHIZOID
[ * ]
"I was practically born to perform."

Normally, when people said something like this, it was mostly for fluff and pride. But the matter-of-factly way Eddie said it, coupled with his actual command of music, almost made Daisuke think that there was a lot more than what that statement implied; as if he was literally conceived for the sake of music. Now, Daisuke wasn't exactly caught up over it. It was more like he wanted to shoot the shit rather than talk shit. Ask how Eddie got so good, see if he could turn it up to 11. But most importantly, how far he wanted this Glorious Movement to go.

But before he could bring any of it up, the bell went, signalling the end of lunch break. Grudgingly, the audience started shuffling out of the room. Daisuke felt like he didn't do enough showboating, so he kissed his teeth in annoyance as the room emptied.

Then he turned to Eddie and Niko. "So, how many heads you actually got for this Tune Platoon? This better not be it. I don't know much about the scene, but I know we can't do jack without someone on bass. And you don't want me playing anything. I've tried. I suck," he said, with a purely deadpan expression.

By now, the only person left in the room was a platinum haired boy, typing furiously on his phone, and totally oblivious to the now almost-empty room.

Kazahara Masaki.

A potential recruit?
Edited by TaintedZERO, Aug 28 2014, 12:39 AM.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Eddie was not literally conceived for music. It would be more accurate to say that music was going to be a part of his destiny, given the nature of his surroundings growing up and so on. Even still, the badass boast had its place in life. He was meant to do things like this. Once the bell rang to end the lunch break, Eddie performed a victory dance with his guitar, putting it on his back.)

"So, how many heads you actually got for this Tune Platoon? This better not be it. I don't know much about the scene, but I know we can't do jack without someone on bass. And you don't want me playing anything. I've tried. I suck,"

(The red-haired wonder was clapped on the back by the Ed-meister in a friendly sort of fashion as he gave his answer...with wild gestures!)

Eddie: Oh no, my friend! This is only the beginning! We shall continue on until our army has filled its ranks, a great armada of music, an army that's driven by rhythm!

(Didn't quite rhyme, but it didn't have to. Eddie noticed Masaki standing there and LEAPT! He landed before the boy, superhero-style with a pelvic thrust working for him, and pointed at the fellow student.)

Eddie: YOU! Have you, by chance, any music ability what-so-EVAR?

(Oooh, subtle.)

TaintedZERO
Member Avatar
;;21stCentury//SCHIZOID
[ * ]
"This is only the beginning! We shall continue on until our army has filled its ranks, a great armada of music, an army that's driven by rhythm!"

The unexpected skinship and camaraderie gave him cause to flinch, but it was Eddie's outrageous declaration that made the redhead raise his eyebrow. He glanced first at Niko, not sure what kind of reaction he was expecting from the reploid towards his friend's ambition, then back at Eddie.

"You're fuckin' nuts, mate." And as Eddie proceeded with grandiose gestures, Daisuke smirked. Not a shit eating sneer, but a less-smarmy grin that sort of said 'Now this is my kind of guy'.

He then noticed Eddie lunge right towards some straggler at the back of the room. Daisuke recognized him immediately as Kazahara Masaki, the guy who sat behind him in homeroom, as well as in a lot of classes. But more importantly as the asshole who kept taking his shit without so much as a 'fuck you'. (This side of Daisuke either wasn't aware of Masaki's limited role in the RichterCorp incident, or he didn't care.)

Masaki was in the middle of finishing another message to his connection, and since the magazine was so strapped for content, it looked like even simple pictures of the son of a company CEO jamming out with an American (and if someone could identify a civilian guise, a reploid,) would let him cut a nice deal. So focused was he on his messaging that he jumped in his skin when Eddie got right up in his face and started asking about any musical talent.

As Eddie tried to pitch the Band of Awesome to snow-haired boy, Daisuke circled from behind, and caught a glimpse of what was on Masaki's phone. As it interested him, and more importantly involved him, Daisuke snatched the phone from out of Masaki's hand and began to read. Apparently he was trying to make a quick buck off of pictures of Eddie, Niko and Daisuke that he was going to trade to some tabloid.

At this point, Masaki was outright stunned. First he was being grilled for any musical ability by a guy he'd never even talked to before, and now he just been robbed of his phone, by the guy he was trying to exploit nonetheless. At first he was just going to shrug Eddie off and make his way, but now he was sandwiched. He looked back and forth between the ecstatic Eddie and the vindictive Daisuke, and realized just how deep he might have gone.

Now, Daisuke could give a rat's ass about some shitty gossip column trying to undermine his father's company with dumb distractions, but he thought this would be a nice chance to get him back for constantly taking his stuff out from under his nose. It wasn't as if Daisuke couldn't afford another eraser or anything like that. But it was always fun to get vindictive.

Gripping Masaki's shoulder none-too-gently, he tossed the cellphone up and down casually as he taunted the boy. "Wow Kazahara, I didn't think you'd be interested in this sorta shit. I get that you're quick with your hands, so slapping four or five strings should be a piece of cake...right?" Removing his grip from Masaki's shoulders, the redhead opened up a memo app on Masaki's phone and began typing.

Wide-eyed, Masaki watched as Daisuke typed away on his phone and gave it back to him with a smile. As he was right now, however, Daisuke smiling the way he did felt disturbing. Hesitantly, his eyes dropped to the memo Daisuke left for him on his phone.

It's not nice to take pictures without asking.
If I raise the alarm on this,
I can, and WILL end you.
But it just so happens that I'm in a good mood.
If you don't know how to play,
then good luck with your lessons~
Welcome to the band.

Swallowing, Masaki tucked his phone into his pocket and opened his mouth to reply. He then felt Daisuke's vise-like grip digging into his shoulder, and was met by that same menacing, plastic smile.

"Uh, like he said I'm um, good with my fingers. I bet I could pick something up with some practice...yeah."

What Masaki was saying and what he was thinking were two completely different things.

I'm fucked. I'm so fucked.
Edited by TaintedZERO, Sep 10 2014, 02:06 AM.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Niko's opinion? He was smirking at Eddie's behavior. He wouldn't be here if he didn't approve on some level.)

"You're fuckin' nuts, mate."

Niko: Now now, talk like that will only encourage him.

(Buuut people weren't in the habit of listening to sound advice all the time, which is why Eddie and Daisuke now had Masaki unintentionally trapped, between trying to recruit him and trying to find out just what he was doing. Yeah, Eddie just had that sort of effect on people...and places...and things. By the way, the guitarist knows NOTHING of the thefts or Daisuke's company or the tabloid, so what happened next here was just plain inevitable.)

"Wow Kazahara, I didn't think you'd be interested in this sorta shit. I get that you're quick with your hands, so slapping four or five strings should be a piece of cake...right?"

Eddie: Oh yeah, those are quick fingers if ever I did see 'em! This is gettin' GOOOOOOOOOOD!!

(There appeared to be an exchange that Eddie missed entirely, but Niko's eyes - the eyes of a Reploid sniper - zeroed in on. It caught his attention, but he didn't say anything. Meanwhile, Eddie was just hella-excited now.)

"Uh, like he said I'm um, good with my fingers. I bet I could pick something up with some practice...yeah."

Eddie: Good man! This shall be the bass upon which we FLY! POWAAAAH!!!

Niko: Do we need anyone else?

Eddie: I dunno. I figure we keep trying until it gets awesome supreme.

TaintedZERO
Member Avatar
;;21stCentury//SCHIZOID
[ * ]
Now that the coercion recruiting was successful and dealt with, Daisuke pulled out his own cellphone, gestured to the other three that he was going outside, and walked out.

That left Masaki with the other two, feeling extremely exploited and uncomfortable with two fellows he'd never met before. Hell, he still didn't know who they were. He looked at the two for an awkward moment and sighed "Kazahara Masaki," he muttered, in a half-assed attempt to introduce himself. Finally, with a shrug, he slipped off the desk he was sitting on and made for the door to leave, presumably to head to class.

He was stopped in his tracks by the redhead, who was wearing a grin that made Masaki uneasy. Leaning against the frame of the door, Daisuke addressed the party.

"What the hell 're we waiting for, then? Time is money, money is power, and power is everything! Our ride's coming in ten. Don't worry about all this shit," he said and gestured to the literal wall of amplifiers, speakers, instruments and everything else. "I'll have a crew pack it up properly and lug it around. All of it."

Must have been some phone call he made.

Daisuke paused and looked at the other three members of their hastily formed 'Tempo Brigade', so see if anyone wanted to argue with him over cutting classes. At this point, Masaki was in way too deep to say anything against the redhead (Not that he particularly cared about cutting class. After all, it was Western History with Ms. Fusaku, which probably meant another misandry-filled hour.), and with a grin, Daisuke figured he knew what the other two would say.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Kazahara Masaki,"

(Not that either of them needed his introduction. Eddie knew him from class and Niko - even if they hadn't ever been in the same class - often connected to the school profile server with his head. It was sort of like Shadowrun Decking, but without the cyberdeck because he was a Reploid. Life is strange like that. Speaking of which, Daisuke was back from his phone call now.)

"What the hell 're we waiting for, then? Time is money, money is power, and power is everything! Our ride's coming in ten. Don't worry about all this shit. I'll have a crew pack it up properly and lug it around. All of it."

Eddie: Hey, alright! Less work for me! Uhh...where are we going, anyway?

(Good question! Just who was it that our boy with the red head and the double personalities was calling at this time? Niko was, at the moment, more curious about Masaki's affair in all this. He didn't seem very enthusiastic, but he put that down to Eddie being Eddie...for now.)
Edited by Lord Massacre, Sep 20 2014, 07:20 AM.

TaintedZERO
Member Avatar
;;21stCentury//SCHIZOID
[ * ]
The redhead shrugged, and as if his answer was common sense, he said, "Who, that? Just some fuckin' production agent. Prelims for the Rock Royale 're already over, so I had to get the ball rolling some other way. And before you start grumbling over morals, all I did was pull strings to get us into the competition. No bribes. If skipping auditions is a problem for you, then let me know so that I can drop you guys now. As far as I know, getting stopped at your audition doesn't constitute winning." As he said this, his emerald green eyes glinted with an insatiable hunger for competition.

He continued as he strode down the hallway. "After a bit of convincing, I got us the green light to join the finalists. Each group plays their set, people watch and shit, some steaming bullshit about the hot new thing to grace the music scene, so on and so forth." Catching Masaki's wary sideways glance, Daisuke added, "The competition's gonna be aired. The country'll probably be able to see that stupid look you have. Shit'll be cash." With his suspicions, Daisuke assumed that Masaki wasn't the type to take to being recorded. He took note of Masaki's uneasy sigh with a smirk.

"So naturally, we've got some paperwork to cover. Small shit. After that, we'll follow the delivery trucks over to the studio where you're equipment's being dumped, Johnny." (Oh, Daisuke knew that Eddie's name was Eddie; this game, nicknaming Eddie after prominent musicians, was just beginning, and would either amuse or annoy the fair-haired boy.)

"You can check out the joint afterwards. I've had it seen to that we get the rest of the school day, and some others, off to dick around with this whole event." As he said this, they were passing by Ms. Fusaku's class, to which Daisuke trailed his middle finger along the window, letting it be known that the four of them didn't have to sit through the day's lecture. A focused, hungry leer was reserved for the brunette Selena. After a certain memo she received, Ms. Fusaku wasn't about to stop the boys.

Needless to say, however, that she was none too pleased by the show of insolence.
Edited by TaintedZERO, Jul 20 2015, 04:40 AM.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Who, that? Just some fuckin' production agent. Prelims for the Rock Royale 're already over, so I had to get the ball rolling some other way. And before you start grumbling over morals, all I did was pull strings to get us into the competition. No bribes. If skipping auditions is a problem for you, then let me know so that I can drop you guys now. As far as I know, getting stopped at your audition doesn't constitute winning."

Eddie: Oh, don't you worry, my man. We wouldn't get stopped, anyway. They all KNOW the Edmeister!

(So, apparently Daisuke had put them in the biiig LIVE production - Eddie was geared for a battle of the bands, naturally. - but he didn't like hearing that there was gonna be paperwork. Eddie just didn't like that kinda' crap, even if it WAS a small pittance of paperwork. You can't blame him for it. He had very little patience, overall, but you probably noticed that by now.)

"You can check out the joint afterwards. I've had it seen to that we get the rest of the school day, and some others, off to dick around with this whole event."

(Eddie didn't seem to mind, but both he and Niko frowned when they saw him flipping off the teacher in passing.)

Niko: I know you don't like the class, but you didn't need to do that.

Eddie: Yeah, chill out, dude.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(Meanwhile, in the class, the brunette in question had noticed the 'Dark-suke' passing by, that form of Daisuke that was like his ID made manifest or something. The teacher didn't like it when that half of him peered out, and sometimes Selena worried when it was out, but...both sides liked her and Daisuke had done so much for her that she minded less.)

Ms. Fusuku: Selena, will you be a dear and give him hell for lewd behavior later?

Selena: I think I can manage.

(She said so with a smile, planning on giving that boy such a poke for letting his darker half get out of hand.)

TaintedZERO
Member Avatar
;;21stCentury//SCHIZOID
[ * ]
Daisuke was caught off guard when he got called out, and even caught Masaki wearing a shit eating grin that he must've saved for such an occasion. Though not breaking stride, he let his finger drop to his side and looked at the three with a curious, though not necessarily aggressive glance, almost as if he was ignorant of what he did wrong. He opened his mouth, maybe to lash back at them, or maybe to justify the gesture by explaining his troubles of the morning. In the end though, much to Masaki's surprise, Daisuke shrugged, and muttered, "Keh. I'm over it..."

This whole time, Masaki kept to the back of the pack, observing in silence. His lack of enthusiasm definitely set him apart from the others, but what made him warier was how loud his company was. Not necessarily loud in voice, although Daisuke and Eddie were in their own way, but more that they stood out like sore thumbs. Masaki, despite the odd choice to bleach his hair a snow white, hated being noticed. There was an intrusive to it all: the staring, the wondering, the opinions. And as soon as he realized the hypocrisy of the moment, he shook his head as if to awaken from a trance.

With something else to see other than the backs of the other three, Masaki gazed through the class window from his peripherals. He saw the Moonian girl Som (and the word Moonian came to mind only because Som had made sure Masaki did not use the term catgirl near her without very good reason) working alongside Selena. Sitting there, writing into a notebook, didn't suit her at all. Although he joined the class near the end of their first term, he had come to see where the groupings lie.

Som and Selena, although not all over each other, seemed to be friendly enough to be more than just classmates. Odd, seeing that not too long ago, Selena was only flirty though aloof, and Som always seemed to have a distance about her. At first, Masaki started thinking about his own connection to Som. After recent events, it would be hard to just call each other classmates. But the line was so blurry, that he didn't know exactly where he stood. As the window cut itself off, the sight of the backs of Eddie's, Niko's and Daisuke's head reappeared, and Masaki now sought to figure out where he fit in this new dynamic.

So exactly what sort of company did he land himself with? Surface observations alone, he figured that Eddie was the easiest to figure out. Seemed like a genuinely nice guy, very passionate. He made a mental note not to ask him too much about music, in the interest of saving time.

Masaki wanted absolutely nothing to do with Daisuke as he was right now. Of the group, he may have talked to Daisuke the most, and had come to realize that although his personality twisted, it seemed to twist in varying degrees and duration. This was the first time however that he'd seen the redhead vulgar but practicing restraint. Most of the time it was an outburst that ended with Ms. Fusaku intervening. One occasion of note involved light tranquilizing. In any case, Seeing Daisuke like this apply himself to something may prove interesting. The question was, whether it was worth it to stick around and see.

Then there was the reploid, Niko. Masaki never thought much about the reploid, due to Masaki assuming he was just that, artificial intelligence. In the simple layout of things, if Daisuke and Eddie held the more forceful personalities, he felt like Niko was more like himself in this small dynamic; an observer and a follower. Though did Niko wonder and wander through simple conjecture like Masaki did? He had caught his eyes drifting a bit too late when they locked with Niko's. For maybe a moment too long, Masaki tried to see if the eyes were really the window to the soul, and if there was anything to see in those inhuman windows. He tore his glance away without finding an answer, and disengaging himself before questions could be asked.

After clearing the cherry trees outside, Masaki had to squint a bit against the light before taking in what awaited them at the gates. Lined up in the campus roundabout were three vehicles. One was a moving truck emblazoned with a minimalist logo that read "UST", the insignia of UraSpace Technologies. In front of the truck was a yellow sports car. Leaning against it were two men in pressed, tailored suits, their hair purposefully messy and gaudy accessories worn on their wrists, fingers, neck, and ears. They both had douchey grins as they discussed business only they cared about at that point in time. Masaki's gaze lingered for a bit as he thought about how shiny one of their wristwatches were.

The car in front had the length of a limousine, with the heft of an Escalade. Waiting in front, with doors open, was a woman wearing a sharp, pinstripe suit and matching skirt. Her shoes had a slightly raised heel to it, elegant but sharp. In fact, much about her was sharp. Her hair, her face, her glasses. It was soon after that it dawned on him. That this woman was waiting for them. That the truck was for them. That the two guys by the sports car would probably be following them.

For the first time since they made it out of the classroom that Eddie, Niko and Daisuke were rocking out in, Masaki rounded over to the redhead's front, licked his lips in disbelief and blurted.

"Are you kidding? This is all a joke, right? What the hell is that supposed to be, you bastard, Urahara?"
Edited by TaintedZERO, Jul 21 2015, 01:07 PM.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Oh, Niko's not so bad. He doesn't look like some kind of dead-eyed freak. He's a very human-like being, at least on the surface. He's a cybernetic kind of being, a really advanced form of life made originally from a human being. No worries making eye contact with him. He was cool with it. He didn't know why Masaki MADE the contact, but there it was, and he just sort of shrugged as though to say 'Look, I'm not running this. Don't ask ME.'. Really, Niko worried more about the many-nicknamed darker side of Daisuke that sprouted itself to deal more with tensions. It reminded Niko of the main character of Xenogears. And if you dare cite 'spoilers' on us, need we remind you that it came out the same year as Final Fantasy 7? No need to worry about that. Still, as they got outside, it seemed clear that Daisuke was going all-out on this. He'd made a great deal of arrangements, ones which Masaki seemed a little dubious about.)

"Are you kidding? This is all a joke, right? What the hell is that supposed to be, you bastard, Urahara?"

Niko: What's the big deal, Masaki? Looks to me like he's making this as convenient and painless as possible.

Eddie: Relax! It's not gonna take from our GLORIOUS DAY just because he decided to give us a lift to places and stuff.

(If there was an ulteriors motive here, those two just weren't seeing it.)

TaintedZERO
Member Avatar
;;21stCentury//SCHIZOID
[ * ]
He didn't expect the virtuoso and the reploid to share his sentiment towards the small cavalcade, so when they were wondering what was up, Masaki could only shrug and sigh at the two. Well actually, the sigh came when Daisuke chimed in with an "It'll be quicker this way, so that we can get to doing what's important."

Approaching the car, a middle aged man in a suit, who looked as if he could have had some interesting history before falling under the employ of the Urahara household, came around to open the back doors for the boys. Masaki lingered outside a bit and caught Daisuke whipping out his phone. With a secret sneer shot Masaki's way, Daisuke crouched and entered their ride; the white haired boy felt the telltale buzzing of a received text.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Yup, he guessed right. Even though the limo had its tinted windows, Daisuke was already ordering for them to all be rolled down. Masaki began to wonder if he would lose count of how many publicity stunts this Anti-suke would take as he got in the car and allowed the door to be shut behind him.

As the limousine went, escorted by the company truck and the sports car, Masaki could have sworn that he saw periodic flashes of light pointed their way. Looking at Daisuke, it looked like the redhead too was taking note of these flashes, with an almost expectant smile. All Masaki could do now was slump deep into his seat and pull his hood up. The last thing he needed was for some freelancer to have pictures of the elusive "Rabbit" ready for use.
Edited by TaintedZERO, Oct 26 2015, 03:48 AM.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Like we said, Niko and Eddie weren't really having a problem with this. There was certain method to this madness, and so after they got inside the limo and the windows were rolled down...)

Niko: Looks like people will get their curiosity satisfied, if they have any.

Eddie: Hey, why don't we make some? Got a tune ya wanna hear?

Niko: Lemme think for a sec. How about...

(He whispered it in the guitarist's ear and he laughed out loud, then got to playing.)

(Well, it just sort of fit, alright? Being a Reploid in reality, Niko had a certain facination with Megaman X games. So, it only made sense that he might have such a request, and people were gonna be hearing a couple rounds of this as they got to wherever it was they would eventually get to.)

TaintedZERO
Member Avatar
;;21stCentury//SCHIZOID
[ * ]
Eventually, they would pull up to a large tower belonging to one of the prefecture's larger radio stations. It was a spectacle, to see the caravan all park at once in front of the building. The guys in the yellow sports car got out first and beckoned to the boys to get out of their ride and follow them in. The lobby was filled with groups of other people. By the look of some of them, some with their instruments and others with their get-ups, all staring down at clip boards and discussing intently with each other, it seemed like they were all musicians here for the same reason. They were all qualifiers for the main event: the Rock Royale.

After getting the rough idea, Masaki started comparing some of the various groups with his own ragtag crew. Sure, there was Eddie, who looked like he found fit right in with these types, and sounded like he could definitely teach them a thing or two. But the rest of them? The way they shuffled forward wordlessly (other than whatever small conversation Niko and Eddie might be having, or the odd word traded among the four of them) wasn't a great first impression of their "band's" chemistry.

Hitting what appeared to be the main desk, one of the flashy guys from the sports car finally turned to the boys and spoke.

"I'm sure you guys wanna get to the important stuff, seeing as you haven't had as much time to prepare yourselves as the others have, so we'll keep this short. Other than the regular registration paperwork we require from the participants here at Rokon Radio, we'll also be having a little interview with you guys. Nothing big, we just wanna know who you are and what you'll be bringing to this year's festival. And thanks to some favours that the young Mr. Urahara is pulling in, we can allow for some expediency and get that done within the hour."

The man held out a clipboard in which sat a reasonably light stack of forms, and reached out past the boys. It was only then that Masaki realized that the stern, bespectacled woman in the pinstriped set had followed them in and taken hold of the forms.

"I'll take care of the majority of the paperwork. I'm sure boys like you would most likely give up reading halfway. I'm looking at you, young sir," the woman said curtly. Though if one knew better, they would almost think that she was being playful about it. The redhead only answered with a bored, almost sheepish shrug, as if him being called out for matters like this was routine.

"So guys, I'll just have you all wait in one of these offices here, and we'll get things rolling! Glad to have you onboard for this year's Rock Royal." He pointed them to an open door down a quiet hallway, and as the man turned to walk off, Masaki could see the fake smile give way to a tired, bored grimace.

Masaki hesitated before going into the room with the other boys.

We literally became a "band" about 45 minutes ago. We're not even really friends. What the hell do they want us to say?

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Well, it didn't take too long to get where they were going, which was just unbelievably fine according to the Book of Eddie. He preferred things upbeat and hyper-velocity, as you can imagine. This place would be their battleground, and he was an armed-and-dangerous dude! Still, Masaki's assessment was pretty much spot on. Eddie actually recognized a few of these people, other performers in the same field as he was. Naturally, he waved and gave off a goofy grin. Niko didn't stand out too much on this. He had a certain confidence in this area. You might say he had a machine precision...because he did. This, of course, led onto the main desk.)

"I'm sure you guys wanna get to the important stuff, seeing as you haven't had as much time to prepare yourselves as the others have, so we'll keep this short. Other than the regular registration paperwork we require from the participants here at Rokon Radio, we'll also be having a little interview with you guys. Nothing big, we just wanna know who you are and what you'll be bringing to this year's festival. And thanks to some favours that the young Mr. Urahara is pulling in, we can allow for some expediency and get that done within the hour."

Niko: Sweet.

Eddie: I'm ready, brother.

(Neither one of them liked paperwork that much, but the both of them liked expedience. Even still, they could certainly handle yonder paperwork. However, before they could go at it, the papers were taken into the secretarial hands of the secretary lady. Redundant statement or apt description? You decide!)

"I'll take care of the majority of the paperwork. I'm sure boys like you would most likely give up reading halfway. I'm looking at you, young sir,"

Eddie: The Edmeister reserves the right to review the papers before giving it the stamp of approval.

Niko: Of course. We may be young and crazy high schoolers, but we still have to look into this stuff.

(They were sent to the offices, where presumably the interviews would soon begin and Eddie would no-doubt say a bunch of spontaneous Eddie-type things. Really, on top of 'Man of a Thousand Concerts', we should add 'Master of the Bizarre One-Liners'. Niko, of course, was going to be himself...except without the Reploid Sniper-ness. Some things were best left out.)
Edited by Lord Massacre, Jan 30 2016, 01:19 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Administrative and Disiplinary Offices · Next Topic »
Add Reply