Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
AHS Announcements
Staff Announcement

A Mysterious Message!
Read Yours!

Now Up to the Plate!
Read More!

A new skin has been added in honor of the season! Also, Brackenridge Manor has opened it's doors! The butler has some words of warning for you.

Cordially, Icarus
Main Storyline Information

Current Storyline Thread
Party at Brackenridge

Welcome, you are currently not logged in. Without being logged in you are limited to posting in Contact the Staff and the Advertising forum. You are welcome to read as much as you like, but when you are ready to join, go ahead and read the rules and create an account!

Create an Account!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chaos Falls; Kath and Mass
Topic Started: Nov 18 2014, 11:29 PM (1,300 Views)
Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
The meadows were never the same, since the school was attacked. Sections were charred, debris lay about and few would even linger near the place after all that had occurred. Yet Takeshi was ready. His home was gone, burned and wasted, and the forces that caused such turmoil were still loose.

He'd gathered his army, gathered his friends. It was here that he was waiting for the final act, this time not alone. He'd gathered friends to this fight. "Ok.. Lets get started."

He walked towards the others, "Everyone ready? I fear that we don't have long now."

Tiberius stood up, "Is it time to fight yet? We gonna crush some skulls? Maybe get some stuff to sell..."

Takeshi glared at the younger guy, a strange nut who had volunteered to fight for the sake of fighting. "What? I'm just saying. If we're fighting stuff that might have some rare stuff, we should totally keep it."

"Man, I really wish Hayate would get here... Kath, is everyone else ready?"

Takeshi looked over at the rest of the group. Pulling his robe off, he started to pull around his rune pouch. Slowly and carefully chipping away the blood from the runes. Closure was coming, but was Takeshi ready for it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kath Nyisia
Member Avatar
Resist the Influence
[ *  *  * ]
Kath inspected the meadows, he remembered them as they were. Soft, serene... beautiful. Now there was nothing left but ash. It sent a chill up Kath's spine. "Ok.. Lets get started." Kath shook his head, he supposed if there was any place to pick for a battleground this would certainly qualify. He wondered though, even if all that were left here were ashes, did that mean that it was truly destroyed? Or would tarnishing the good memories here by spilling more blood be the final act in its destruction?

Kath knelt down picking up a fist full charred earth, he churned it in his palm quietly trying to keep the smell from getting to him. It clawed at his nose, burrowing into his brain. He couldn't help but think how many people had already died here.

It was funny but Kath wanted anything to spare Sara from having to come back here. She knew people who had died in the explosion, in fact she had almost lost herself in it. A near miss Kath was grateful for. Still, Kath nodded, everyone here was set. He looked over at Jen and Yoko, both of which were getting a handle of the area. By the looks of it either they had never been here, or simply knew how to hide their emotions.

Jen had a sucker in her mouth and was playing on her tablet, ultimately she wasn't too useful in combat. Yoko on the other hand was specifically suited for this sort of thing. At Kath's gaze she drew two hand and half swords. "We're with you."

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
Everyone's Favorite Badass...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]

"We're with you."

Lumis: And the others will be here.

(It didn't take long either. Taking only a few minutes to prepare themselves, the wayward others did indeed appear. Hayate's portal opened, allowing Hayate herself to come through, followed by Sara, Grim, and...Hellboy. Oh yeah, he was here again. As the first three readied their weapons, Hellboy had come with the Good Samaritan and Big Baby in hand. He was sporting a number of explosives, as well, and had a direct line to Abe's knowledge back at the base, as per usual. Sara stood by Kath now and smiled.)

Sara: Miss me?

(The air rippled around her body, and soon a good dozen bloated, monstrous purple spiders with poisonous fangs and piercing legs appeared along with everyone else. Darrel reacted with a start, but then he realized that they were on his side. Lumis remained calm the whole time, knowing already. Hayate came over to Takeshi now, though she did not disrupt whatever he was up to.)

Hayate: We're here now. What shall be done?

Kath Nyisia
Member Avatar
Resist the Influence
[ *  *  * ]
No sooner had he started thinking about her did she appear. Hayate's portal signaled many familiar faces, including the one Kath was always happy to see. Sara took her place by his side, something that had become so natural over such a short course of time. They were a pair now, not just socially or romantically. If one designed a battle they would need the pair of them to be truly effective. It was somehow a comforting thought to Kath. Sara smiled at him giving him the most casual of hello's Miss me? Kath smiled back leaning over to kiss her cheek. Like the sun misses the flower love. Kath didn't notice but Jen reacted slightly to seeing Sara and Kath being so... comfortable with each other.

The young girl turned her back on the couple and put her tablet away, as if too disturbed to work on something any further. Yoko put her hand on Jen's shoulder "Its ok, just stay with me once the fighting starts. I'll look after you." They both knew that wasn't what was bothering the young girl, it was something so much deeper than that, however Yoko had promised Jen she would stay out of it until Jen had asked for her help. Yoko's way of sorting things generally ended at sword point after all. "I know what to do Yoko, you can stop babying me!" She huffed storming away from Yoko for a minutes respite.

OOC: Sorry for the short post out of order. Was trying to give Hiroto more to work with ^^
Edited by Kath Nyisia, Nov 22 2014, 07:18 AM.

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
Takeshi smiled as Hayate appeared, "Well I'd say we wait. Knowing our enemies, they'll appear soon enough."

He started to walk towards the rest, as several dark tendrils slowly creeped out of the ground. Growing in size, they were soon several feet across, and rising twenty or so feet high. The tentacles lashed out, sweeping across the area, trying to hit anyone who tried to get close. Tiberius, being the 2nd closest, was sent flying backwards into a bit of debris near the edge of the meadows. "Sweet Jesu-!!"

Takeshi watched as Tiberius was sent flying, before jumping forward, lunging into the dirt. The tentacles kept sweeping, lashing about wildly. Takeshi was lucky, a bit too lucky. Something didn't feel right, at least until a voice came out of the air. "Now where is my favorite mage? Now where could he have gone? Oh there you are!"

And like that Takeshi was floating, upside down at that, in front of the Jackal. "Hayate. Please kill our annoyance."
"Aww, is that anyway to treat an old friend? Haven't I treated you so well?"

Takeshi's eye twitched slightly at this, his hands trying to open the rune pouch. "Well I suppose I should be a good host, and entertain you miserable lot."

The tentacles started to smash into the ground, breaking off every few hits. Each broken piece then started to grow into another tentacles. Slowly, very slowly moving closer to the rest of the group. The Jackal smiled slightly as he vanished, moving back several feet. Takeshi kept struggling, before dropping to the ground after several seconds. "Ow.... Ok guys. Let's kill them."

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Chances are, their enemy was actualy waiting for this gathering just so it could try and have all of its ducks in a row. Good luck on that account, as this lot was hardly in the mood to play the ducks. As soon as the tentacles appear, they were largely aware of the things. Ground-sweeps did not bother Sara, Hayate, Darrel, Grim, and Lumis. Three of them had decent jumpiing skills. Two others could fly. Hellboy had a problem, at first. He was tripped up, hit in the face with an "Ouch!", and then just blatently stopped one by grabbing it with the Right Hand of Doom.)

Hellboy: Cut that out.

(Spiders of Leng were varied on the effects of sweeping, wild tendrils. Some bit at them, injecting poison, while others jumped on them for a moment, trying to bite them right off. This turned out to be a mistake, as there appeared to be a living-growing factor involved here. Well, perhaps not when Hellboy started firing into them with his special personally-made anti-supernatural rounds, loaded into the Good Samaritan AND Big Baby. Still, in the middle of this mess, Hayate heard...)

"Hayate. Please kill our annoyance."

(That was all she needed to hear. She didn't care for Jackal's banter, just Takeshi's quite-calm request to murder their host. And so, with a slasher-smile, Hayate was behind Jackal, also upside-down. She had ramped up her power to be in the exoskeletal armor with her skin purple and the eight legs popping out of thin air...yeah. Those suddenly moved to hols Jackal in place while Shataros was slicing down - or up - the middle, trying to bisect the creature.)

Sara: Web them!

(In the meantime, Lumis has cast Deflex on every one of their allies, rendering the kinetic force of the tentacles down to potential, just making them stop - without force - when they strike these shields. No break-off would occur here. Sara has ordered the tendrils to be webbed, and so the Spiders of Leng launch webs and attempt to tie them...before she lets off a Banshee Shriek and Darrel throws Crimson Lances at the masses being formed to basically not break...but destroy them. Grim attempted same with his sonic vortex power.)
Edited by Lord Massacre, Feb 14 2015, 12:06 PM.

Kath Nyisia
Member Avatar
Resist the Influence
[ *  *  * ]
Kath retreated a bit, keeping clear of the battle. It wasn't that he couldn't be useful up close, far from it. However at the moment Kath realized that the enemy was far more organized than he initially projected. He remembered one of this ages more curious little theorems, Chaos, it postulates is not the absence of order but the perfection of it. So much occurs in the complexity of this world that chaos ensues, however this theory believes that the sum total of each and every minor reaction defines chaos, and that it becomes entirely predictable. So Kath sat and watched. He used the information Sara had gleaned first hand as well as that of the continuing battle below. He could see the whole of it, experiencing it through Sara's eyes and through the eyes of his companions. Takeshi was in the center, clearly he was the ultimate goal... but he seemed to be the furthest from harm. Kath began to wonder as he collected data.

What if Takeshi was not someone they wished to kill. A mage of his quality wasn't entirely rare, but his potential might be unique. Could he harness the power of chaos? The thought was a dangerous one. It pulled into question whether or not the Jackal himself was not a puppet who's purpose was to awaken Takeshi, to twist his mind and bring him into the fold of this 'deity' that the creature served. He kept this to himself however, Sara needed to concentrate on what was in front of her. Plus he wanted to watch her back. Despite this being about Takeshi, and through him Hayate, Kath would always be worried over Sara's safety first and foremost.

Jen was calling out orders, developing a unique pairing between herself and Yoko. The young redhead weilded hand and a half swords with extreme diligence. The two of them were keeping the tentacles within a small area. Jen kept behind Yoko while the redhead smote the ruins of each tentacle that dared expand beyond the reach of Sara and her spiders. The intent was to keep the lot of them webbed and contained while they put their faith in Kath. How they moved and what the Jackal did would end up giving him a method to destroy the enemy with incredible precision. Even if he didn't know this they had been briefed by Artemis. Kath's mind was a weapon most armies would kill for, many had already tried.

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
The tentacles kept swinging and exploding. Yet as they did, a few were drooping down from the poison of the Leng Spiders. Others stopped after making contact with the Deflux shields. Even more were stopped by the spider webs, but even this didn't stop the tentacles from exploding into more fragments.

Takeshi slowly got up, trying to dodge the tentacles closest to himself. "Dang it! Time for something with a bang."

The Jackal was easily sliced in two, reforming into two identical forms of himself. "Oh my, did not expect that. Really should watch were you swing that, wouldn't want to split any hairs."

Rolling closer to the center, Takeshi started to shift form. Growing larger, all four arms started to rip the closest tentacles out of the ground, all while other tentacles started to whip him from all sides. "Oh well this just won't do. Oh no no no."

Even as everyone fought, center kept forming more tentacles. Looking similar to a bed of kelp, the mass slowly expanded outward, creeping forward. Tiberius slowly got up from the rubble, donned in his armored plating. "Right. Now for the real fight."

Tiberius was rushing forward, punching and kicking his way into the mass of tentacles. While not overly effective, Tiberius made a decent shield as most of the tentacles around him aimed for him, and not the others.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(There seemed to be no conclusive way to handle the growing tentacles, which were getting rather numerous and entwined in each other right now. That having been said, Hellboy got an idea when he saw that Takeshi pulling on the central mass irritated Jackal. Takeshi seemed to have some sort of plan in motion, or at least that seemed to be the case. Big Red turned to Sara now with a question.)

Hellboy: Can you get me under that thing with that shriek of yours?

Sara: It's worth a shot.

(Considering that tendrils were quite occupied, more than possible. Sara's Banshee Shriek wasn't as precise as Hayate's, but it could probably get the job done. Meanwhile, Hayate was slightly perturbed about Jackal splitting into two of himself. So, she vanished her scythe and began to charge black energy. In her current state, she had quite a command of power. This could get uglier than it already was. The eldritch spawn was now grinning.)

Hayate: Two of you is twice as pathetic, filthy dog. Is this the best you can offer in this, our final battle? This lackluster display wouldn't make Azathoth blush, let alone any of the others who have minds fear you. So, you pray to a god of chaos and hope to what? Destroy the world? Rule forever? You're not ready and neither is your master. You're the third-rate servant to a second-rate Chaotic, and it shows.

(There was a shriek and Hellboy leapt down there to try and get to the center and the ROOTS, blasting his guns at tendrils that got in the way. Darrel, Lumis, Grim, and the spiders all kept the tentacles busy for him. By now, Hayate's charge-up had become beachball-sized Black Entropy attacks and her glowing eyes made her look like proper evil as she let loose the power on the Jackals.)

Hayate: Return to nothing, fool!
Edited by Lord Massacre, Feb 14 2015, 12:07 PM.

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
Hayate's attack connected quite solidly with the back of Jackals' heads. The bodies grew limp, falling to the ground. The tentacles slowly rotted, turning to a bloody red smoke. Even Takeshi was a bit confused as the tentacles turned to smoke in his hands. "Theres no way we won it that easily..."

The air shimmered slightly in front of Takeshi as a large purple eye opened up. It blinked slowly, the iris looking around at the area. "Hmmm... This is Earth, no? Home of the humans? Yes?"

The two bodies of the Jackal got up, walking towards the eye. "Yes my lord, this is Earth. See? Perfect realm for you to live in. Plenty of servants, plenty of strange powers. All brought by your loyal servant. I even brought the mage."

Takeshi moved slowly back towards Hayate, trying not to take his eyes off the giant eye. "... You called me to this plain? Seems to be a rather miserable place. Not much fun from what I see before me.. Are you sure you were looking for me?"

"Boring?! BORING! I've done all that you asked Iocuvani, some bloody god you turned out to be. A waste of efforts! All this, and no destruction!"

The eye focused in on the Jackal, "Oh so thats what you want. Destruction? I may be a god of chaos, who's name was once carved in blood. But even I have my limits to the stupidity of man."

Takeshi slowly reformed as his usual self, with bits of robe around his shoulders. Torn and tattered, it was obvious that his clothes were gone again. "Well this is not what I was expecting...."

Kath Nyisia
Member Avatar
Resist the Influence
[ *  *  * ]
Kath heard everything that was going on down below. Currently he was hiding behind a tree, part of himself begging to come out and be a physical shield between Sara and whatever was down there... the other half, the other half was what knew better. The same sense he had back in Innsmouth eighty years ago. The eye that floated below was of a natural order Kath had been unknowingly hiding himself from. A force such as that could see him as he truly was. To such a thing Kath would be made of pure starlight... and through him, it would wield a force capable of destroying worlds.

Kath's entire body was shaking, the numbers that were scrolling through his eyes painted a very depressing picture. If it gained control of his body, or worse his mind... Even beings such as that would know to fear or covet what Kath was. He might not remember, but the system that Kath's body had integrated with from a young age was the first god weapon. Technology designed to kill gods. Unfortunately the process was ill conceived. It worked by using sub-harmonic frequencies to ignite every ATP strand in Kath's body at the same instant. For every atom in Kath's structure would become an atomic weapon. The power of every star in the sky set to blow simultaneously.

The concept was ingenious, however the problem was the host had to willingly destroy themselves at the atomic level. No subject ever amassed the will to do so, not even ALTs asked by those they loved. So if not a direct weapon, Kath would alternative be a power source, or perhaps a puppet, capable of calamities upon the galactic scale. All of this ran through his subconscious, filling his body with terror and sapping the strength from his limbs. Kath could do nothing but watch and listen... hoping he wasn't spotted.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(So, everything was going down, and then this BIG FREAKIN' EYE showed up out of the blue! The battle had halted and everything the Jackal had invested into it shrank away. Sara both breathed a sigh of relief and remained wary. This thing poking around mid-air was Iocuvani, the creature of chaos that they were trying to keep out of Earth. The exchange was...puzzling. It was strangely like dealing with Nyarlathotep, who just spoke to people casually at times. Sara headed over to Kath, to give him comfort, having heard his fears.)

Sara: It's okay. I'm here.

(Hellboy found this all a bit confusing, even surprising when Iocuvani stated that Earth was too boring. Takeshi was watching all of this, equally mystified, but nothing would prepare him for what Hayate did: She laughed. It started out as just a chuckle, but then it was a fully belly laugh that required her to grab the boy's shoulder for balance. She looked at him now, surprisingly emotive.)

Hayate: Don't you see? He's a chaos god! He does whatever he feels on a whim! I completely misread the situation...!

(Well, she was certainly in a good mood. Perhaps it was all the crow Jackal was eating that did it. Hayate regained her composure now and decided to approach the bench, so to speak. She addressed the eye now.)

Hayate: Pardon my asking, but could you tell me what role Takeshi had in all of this? Why did this dog of a man need him so badly?

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
Iocuvani looked at Hayate as she laughed, "Ah, one who understands chaos as well as one can. You could learn a thing or two from her, dog face."

"Dog face?! You changed my form, gave me a body that would not rot as time passed! I've done naught but your will."

Takeshi sat down, his body acheing from the transformation. Iocuvani moved closer to Takeshi, looking him over some, "Yes.. I can feel it. You hold a strange magic, not something that common folk could use."

It kept looking Takeshi, "See! A key to your return! All you need is to take it! Take my harvested crop!"

Iocuvani looked toward the Jackal, tentacles knocking the dog faced being away. "So why am I important? Why me?"

"Chaos has many forms. Many wills, and many desires. You, with your magic, make for a magnificent conduit for it. Your parents were poor conduits, but conduits still. Their belief in chaos, that village they called home, was nothing more than a growing place of chaos. Like a crop planted in spring, the Jackal harvested too soon."

The Jackal slowly got back up, vanishing and reappearing in front of Iocuvani. Obviously angry at being dismissed so very quickly.

Kath Nyisia
Member Avatar
Resist the Influence
[ *  *  * ]
It's okay. I'm here.

Kath's mind was shaken back to stability. The tremors that continued through his body lessened in intensity, but they remained all the same. Once Sara was at his side Kath held her hand firmly trying to keep his mind from going back into a stall. He couldn't quite explain it, it was no different than back at the church in Innsmouth. Kath simply knew he needed to be terrified, a trait inconsistent with a mind that demanded facts before jumping to conclusions. It went against everything Kath stood for, and yet Kath couldn't make himself look in the eye's direction.

I... I don't know what's wrong with me...

Kath had no knowledge of the C.O.R.E.s main purpose, the reason it existed. Yet without this knowledge his entire body down to the genetic markers for self survival told him to be wary of anything that bordered divinity. Like a bomb knowing it was approaching its target. But a weapon such as he could be used in other ways too, so perhaps that was the underlying factor.

Kath focused on his breathing, it seemed for the time being they had escaped the fire. If this being truly was not bent upon the destruction of the world then they lucked out. Kath would need to figure out this little insecurity issue, he couldn't be freezing up next time... especially not if it was Sara's father he needed to face.

I'm sorry... I promise I won't let this happen again.

He looked Sara in the eye, feeling guilty. If anything had happened to her while he was frozen like this... he wouldn't be able to forgive himself.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I... I don't know what's wrong with me...

(There was no real answer, at least nothing that Kath could explain at the present moment. Sara didn't understand it either, but she knew that when the chips were down, he could pull through. How did she know? Back at dealing with Vorn, she had pleaded for him to wake up...and he had. He had halted there, and come back. That was why she had faith in him, because he could deliver.)

I'm sorry... I promise I won't let this happen again.

Sara: We may be in the clear, though. Let's watch and see.

(Back with the discussion at hand, it seemed as though as chaos mage - what Takeshi apparently was - needed to be present to bring in the god, which Jackal could not do himself, apparently. Iocuvani knocked Jackal away - causing Hellboy to snerk - and examined the young mage.)

"So why am I important? Why me?"

"Chaos has many forms. Many wills, and many desires. You, with your magic, make for a magnificent conduit for it. Your parents were poor conduits, but conduits still. Their belief in chaos, that village they called home, was nothing more than a growing place of chaos. Like a crop planted in spring, the Jackal harvested too soon."

(Jackal reappeared again in front of Iocuvani, but this time Hellboy punched him out of the way with the big stoney fist to address the god.)

Hellboy: So basically, mutt-boy here fails as a cultist and you couldn't give two shits about him anyway? Nice. He has a problem staying dead. Got any recommends?

Hayate: I'm sure you'd prefer to move on to a disciple who's actually skilled at their job, though the idea of keeping him around as a walking failure is also amusing.
Edited by Lord Massacre, Feb 14 2015, 12:08 PM.

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
"Hmm you could say that.Though he did cause chaos, released a few things that should not have been released."

The Jackal reappeared after being hit, this time standing on the other side of the group. "Filthy mortals. Why can't you all just die so I can have my goal."

Takeshi looked at Hayate at the mention of a disciple. "Hayate, why do I not like the sound of that."

Iocuvani moved it's tentacles around Takeshi, petting him like a cat. "A disciple... An interesting idea, though could he provide enough chaos? The jackal over there did a fair job, but it lacks something."

The jackal was glaring now. Simply furious at the situation. His plans had worked, but the result was not nearly what he had wanted. The world was not boiling, the seas turned to rust, civilization falling into a choir of insanity. The world was not turning upon the axis of normality as he thought it would. Instead, the "God" of chaos was talking. Simply talking to the very creatures that should be destroyed. The jackal was bloody infuriated.

Kath Nyisia
Member Avatar
Resist the Influence
[ *  *  * ]
We may be in the clear, though. Let's watch and see.

Interested enough to take a peek Kath decided to move enough that he could see the eye. While he could overhear what was going on, he seemed entirely lost. As if he was coming into a conversation at the end and needing to piece the rest of it together based on what was being said now. Did Hayate really think that Takeshi would want to be the plaything of a god of Chaos? or was she playing at a different strategy all together?

Kath looked back at Sara, wondering what her take was on all of this. Am I going crazy or did Hayate just try to hand off her boyfriend to a strange god? Kath was taking a couple leaps, but hey, stranger things have happened.

OOC: So sorry about this, I totally forgot about this thread lol.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Am I going crazy or did Hayate just try to hand off her boyfriend to a strange god?

Sara: I think I need to question that too, actually.

(Because it DID seem that way, even though Hayate didn't mean it that way...per se.)

"Hayate, why do I not like the sound of that?"

Hayate: Well, you see-

(Poke, poke, poke. Hayate felt a tapping on her shoulder, turned, and found uhh...nearly everybody else standing right there. She almost jumped in surprise. They looked any range from confused to weirded out just now, including the ones who had been mostly-silent during this exchange.)

Hayate: ...yes?

Sara: Hayate, what are you thinking? Do you want to put Takeshi in the same bind that I'm in?

Hayate: But, he wouldn't be. His life was already raised with this power and-

Darrel: I have a pretty good authority that just being raised by it doesn't mean it's right.

Hayate: This god would probably have come for him in some way anyway. Why not learn more about it?

Hellboy: Chaos gods are chaotic. They don't have a true pattern. You know that.

Hayate: But because he IS chaotic, it does not follow that he's necessarily bad. It's not the same as Sara's situation and Takeshi DID say he wanted to gain some incite on his abilities.

Grim: He could train and you could teach him.

Hayate: I could, but I am strictly second-hand in this. It's not my 'element'.

Lumis: But you cannot force him-

Hayate: I'm not forcing him!

(Okay, she started to look angry, which was a good moment for them to back off. Sara was the only one who didn't.)

Sara: We just wanted you to see our perspective on the matter.

Hayate: I know it. Just let me have my say.

(She went back to Takeshi. By this time, people were perfectly fine with forgetting Jackal's presence at all. She looked Takeshi in the eyes.)

Hayate: I'm sorry for unnerving you. I only wished for you to have the chance to know more about the life you've lived and the powers you have, because I knew this was important to you. From my perspective, working with such a being in some capacity is normal, as my father is one of the Great Old Ones. I was only suggesting it, that working with a creature of whims and random decision such as Iocuvani is not as bad as, say, Nyarlathotep...who is always an arrogant ass and dedicated evil-doer.

(At this dig on the Crawling Chaos, she smirked a little.)

Hayate: It's really up to you, though we still have to do something about this situation.
Edited by Lord Massacre, Mar 17 2015, 04:11 PM.

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
Iocuvani watched as the group argued, slowly picking Takeshi up with his tentacles. "It seems that you do cause chaos. Though, if they argue this much over your choice, I can't wait to see what else could come."

Takeshi jumped down, landing next to Hayate, wrapping his arms around her. "I know that you're looking out for me. Now let me do what I need to."

He slowly let go of her, before walking towards Iocuvani. "Ok Big Eye, let's make one thing very clear. If you try to take over my body, force me to do something that I don't want to, or threaten my friends. I will move universes to kill you."

Iocuvani's tentacles seemed to flay about at this, as the eye shut. The Jackal moved forward, teleporting a few feet as he moved. It didn't take him more than a second to get next to Takeshi, tackling the mage to the floor. "I will have my VICTORY! Now give me your blood!"

Takeshi started to roll over as the Jackal tried to grapple him. Yet it wasn't Iocuvani to knock the Jackal off, but instead Tiberius who was in his bone like armor. "Get off him ya dog faced mutt."

Tiberius and the Jackal rolled a few feet before falling into a portal. A few seconds passed before Tiberius fell out of another portal a few feet in the air, but the Jackal didn't reappear. Takeshi was lifted up by Iocuvani's tentacles, slowly lifting him up a few feet off the ground. "Well now to make the contract.... Well maybe not flaying your skin with the runes of my mark... Perhaps something simpler than that."

The tentacles started to wrap around Takeshi slowly forming runes around his arms and legs.

Kath Nyisia
Member Avatar
Resist the Influence
[ *  *  * ]
Kath was now more or less in control of his body... thoug h he seemed to be avoiding the eye's gaze. I think I need to question that too, actually. Kath nodded. Hayate, while probably having some form of logical reasoning behind her suggestion had been way too forward about it, in fact Kath and Sara were not the only one's wondering. It seemed everyone was of the same perspective.

"I'm sorry for unnerving you. I only wished for you to have the chance to know more about the life you've lived and the powers you have, because I knew this was important to you. From my perspective, working with such a being in some capacity is normal, as my father is one of the Great Old Ones. I was only suggesting it, that working with a creature of whims and random decision such as Iocuvani is not as bad as, say, Nyarlathotep...who is always an arrogant ass and dedicated evil-doer."

Well, that explained it somewhat. Though Kath wondered idly if being in the service of any chaotic gods was a good idea. Little did he know such a path was easier than what he and Sara were travelling. Ah but a story of another time (or now!).

Soooo are we done here or?

OOC: Pokes Takeshi... There is a wedding in which someone needs to attend!

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"It seems that you do cause chaos. Though, if they argue this much over your choice, I can't wait to see what else could come."

Darrel: You think THIS is bad? You haven't seen Vex.

(Or as we like to call him...that grandstanding, master villain, ancient spirit of evil, Massacre. Still, Takeshi pulled himself out of Iocuvani's grip to stand before Hayate. She went a little as he put her arms around her.)

"I know that you're looking out for me. Now let me do what I need to."

Hayate: Of course...

(The young mage let go and turned to the big eye-god. Hmmm... Big Eye? Was that anything like Big Ear from Big O, or are we asking for too much here? Then again, for all we know, Iocuvani was responsible for Paradigm City, somehow. Well, it wouldn't exactly surprise us if that mindscrew didn't have a chaos god's hand...or whatever...in it. Anyway, Takeshi was accepting the offer, but he was also threatening to make the big god's immortal life a living hell if he tried to possess the boy, make him act against his will against those he cared about. That was pretty cool, actually. If only Jackal appreciated the weight of such a statement and didn't do something stupid, like attack him.)

"I will have my VICTORY! Now give me your blood!"

(Seriously, he was surrounded by people who support him and a god that seems to like him. Why would this gambit even work? Tiberius took care of Jackal this time. And with that, the chaos god was able to place his runes upon Takeshi, increasing his...hmmm. What DID they do, exactly?)

Soooo are we done here or?

Sara: Good question. Are we done here?

Grim: Well, unless Iocuvani wants something more, I'd say yes.

Hayate: Will you be withdrawing at this time, Iocuvani?

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
A few seconds passed as Takeshi was imprinted with the runes, "And done. Now go my herald, and sow chaos into the world. As for me, I think I'll go ruin some casinos."

And with that said the tentacles dropped Takeshi next to Hayate, as Iocuvani transformed into what seemed like a middle aged man dressed like a hobo. Even had the smell of a hobo, and for some reason a crown atop his head. "Hayate. I don't think I want anything squid related for awhile."

Iocuvani was gone, off somewhere in the world. The Jackal was also somewhere in the world. Takeshi wasn't sure if they would come back, but for now he was tired of all the strange magics that have been around him. He looked over at the others, giving a weak smile."Everyone. I think we've won for today. The Jackal is gone, but not dead. He could come again, and I pray that he won't."

He gave a bow to everyone present, glad that they all played some role in this win.

OOC: Oh right, Takeshi should probably show up for that.

Kath Nyisia
Member Avatar
Resist the Influence
[ *  *  * ]
OOC: Go for skipping Kath this round, not much going on from his end.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
OOC: Actually, Kath. I think we're done here.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Meadow · Next Topic »
Add Reply