Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
AHS Announcements
Staff Announcement

A Mysterious Message!
Read Yours!

Now Up to the Plate!
Read More!

A new skin has been added in honor of the season! Also, Brackenridge Manor has opened it's doors! The butler has some words of warning for you.

Cordially, Icarus
Main Storyline Information

Current Storyline Thread
Party at Brackenridge

Welcome, you are currently not logged in. Without being logged in you are limited to posting in Contact the Staff and the Advertising forum. You are welcome to read as much as you like, but when you are ready to join, go ahead and read the rules and create an account!

Create an Account!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Flight Club Meeting (Open)
Topic Started: Jul 31 2015, 05:01 PM (608 Views)
Newlight
Member Avatar
Posting without a computer cord...
[ *  *  * ]
Nervous wasn't even the word for it.

Phoenix had been preparing for this day for quite a while. Long before the second attack, actually. Shy as she was, Phoenix had considered the successful establishment of her club to be a real accomplishment back at the old school. The attack had put her and the other clubs out of commission, but once things at Searchlight started to settle down she had been working hard to get the ball moving again. Then there was the second attack...and that definitely slowed things down.

But never mind that! Better late than never. Phoenix had Flight Club's building as ready as it would ever be. She had purchased anything they could possibly need, most of which were various items organized in bins along the wall. Suntan lotion, gloves, goggles, she'd thought of it all, and maybe then some. The club was still small and operated on a even smaller budget, but Pheonix was well off enough to cover whatever it couldn't.

Phoenix was dressed in a simple dark red top and some faded jeans and tennis shoes. Her black hair had mostly grown back from its loss in the attack, stopping just above her shoulders now. Her thunderbird, Rain, perched prominently on her shoulder in hawk form. All of Rain's feathers had grown back now, and they glistened as though they'd never been soiled. Phoenix sat at the end of a large round table. On either side of it were two other tables stocked with refreshments, drinks and snacks and stuff.

Perhaps she had overdone it a bit. After all, today was just an interest meeting. She had had only heard back from one or two people for sure anyway, but she had to be prepared if her flyers actually brought in a good number of members.
Edited by Newlight, Jul 31 2015, 05:15 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She had been excited to find a club that involved flying. Her years in the rainforest with the natives left her lacking in modern devices and modern friends. There were a few that she had made but not near enough. Rika was curious and wanting to meet new people.

The excited and energetic bat girl bounced into the room. Her blonde hair was in pigtails and held by black lace. Her dress was a sleeveless Victorian Era styled dress. She wore gray hose with black dress boots. The oddest feature was her eyes. One was green and one was red. She grinned as she waved at Phoenix.

"Ello!"

Rika wasn't the only one who wondered in. A red haired pixie princess pirate steppes in and let her emerald eyes take in everything. Felicia wasn't exactly the most energetic young woman but she wasn't opposed to trying something new. Her hair was pushed back in a hair band and she wore black shorts with a green tank top. Sneakers covered her feet. It said all flyers welcome. And she had pixie wings when she wanted to use them.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
Everyone's Favorite Badass...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(She had only heard about it in a flyer out on a wall that stated "Re-Introducing the Flight Club!". That much caught her eye and she'd read on.)

Lumis: Interesting...

(The black-haired bat-girl had a genuine passion for flight, something which she enjoyed in most of her free time. There were other hobbies, of course: Singing, Spelunking, a little fight practice... But flight was freedom, flight came naturally to her. This may be interesting, indeed. How would it be, then, to compare notes with other different flyers? All that is required is the ability to fly, not the how or possibly even the why.)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(At the appointed time, our former St. Lily's student - now having been enrolled in Searchlight for some time - descended upon the area of the meet. Lumis was in a white short-sleaved shirt and dark-blue jeans, barefoot, wearing her thick-striped black-and-white scarf loosely around her neck, along with a long satchel over her shoulder. As per flight, she currently had all her traits out. Namely, she had the large bat ears, her fangs, her talons, and naturally her strong bat wings. She was also wearing sunglasses, as daylight irritated her eyes often. She landed with a simple thump, and while the girl might seem predatory...her stoic manner left her looking rather calm and lacking in a dangerous aura.)

Lumis: Hello. I take it this is the Flight Club meeting?
Edited by Lord Massacre, Aug 4 2015, 08:17 PM.

Ares
Member Avatar
Stalker
[ *  *  * ]
Jezebelle Stone was, as usual, nervous. This time, she was scared to be at the school, which she'd been avoiding due to the whole kidnapping situation. She wasn't a good fighter, her powers didn't give her any combat, and she'd read enough comics to know men shouldn't mettle in the affairs of gods. Watch any superhero movie and you'll see people getting thrown around and beaten almost without thought by the heroes/villains. She didn't want to be one of them. But it looked, for now, like the school was safe. Regardless, she was already here, she wore a white t-shirt under a leather jacket that looked kinda raggedy, because of the two slits on the back for her wings. Her jeans clung tightly to her legs, mostly to reduce drag, since she'd started flying out here when the ships got close.

Her sunglasses covered eyes were darting around skittishly, as she stuck her head into the flight club building, looking at the people already inside, she recognized one, Lumis, she'd met her before, if not always under the best of circumstances. And she was letting her wings out. Jessy considered doing the same, but rejected the idea. Nope, not in front of people she hadn't met yet. "Uh, Hello?" She said as she knocked on the entrance, a light southern drawl tweaking the words. "This is Flight Club right?" Or was the rule, don't talk about flight club appropriate here? Assuming it was, since the bird (and the fact that she'd vaguely heard Lumis ask about it) she walked in steadily, "Hi, I'm Jessy." She said with a light smile.

Newlight
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

"Ello!"

Phoenix grinned as the cute bonde girl walked in. She looked so young. "Hello," Phoenix said back. The first arrival's friendliness had already eased a great amount of stress. Things seemed to be getting off to a good start so far.

The pixie girl came in next. She seemed a little shy since she wasn't saying anything, so Phoenix grinned at her warmly and beckoned her further inside. "Hello. Welcome to the Flight Club. Come on in. Make yourself at home."

There was a small thump outside the club's building, and in walked the girl with bat ears and bat wings. Phoenix smiled at her, briefly remembering a time when such odd appearances would surprise her. Now that she been going to school for so long with so many different people, many of them having similar oddities, there was little that could surprise her. What did strike her as odd was that the girl was barefoot and still wearing sunglasses inside, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

Quote:

Hello. I take it this is the Flight Club meeting?

Phoenix nodded. "That's right. Welcome."

Quote:

"Uh, Hello? This is Flight Club right?"

Phoenix nodded as she looked over to see another girl walking in with sunglasses. Were the lights too bright in here or were the two girls blind? One clearly had bat related powers, what with those bat wings. Bats had bad eyesight, right? Neither of the girls seemed to be blind, though. Maybe their eyes were just sensitive, or they were odd in some way and they wanted to hide them. That wasn't too out of the ordinary either. Even with so many other students leaving their "mutations" on full display, there were still a good number that were too self-conscious to show them off.

Quote:

"Hi, I'm Jessy."

Phoenix grinned. This was the first name she had gotten. Rain readjusted herself on Phoenix's shoulder and stretched her wings a little. She was getting impatient with all this sitting around, but at least it was interesting watching all these new people walk in.

"Nice to meet you, Jessy. I'm Phoenix, and this is Rain." Phoenix guested to the large black hawk on her shoulder. "Welcome. I'm glad you came."

The last person to arrive was Opal, a senior girl who looked a lot more like a freshman. Phoenix smiled at her and gave her the same welcoming greeting. Opal had wandered in here on a whim, having heard about the Flight Club at the last minute. She couldn't really remember flying with anyone other than the other fruit bats in her family, and she was curious to meet others who could fly in different ways. Plus, she was still so new at this school and didn't really know how to meet people. Hanging around by herself was so boring.

Unlike Phoenix, Opal wasn't used to seeing people hold their nonhuman traits out on full display, so she was thrown off a little to see a bat girl with bat ears and wings. Opal had never met another bat shifter that wasn't exactly like her. Was this girl a meta-human or of some other batlike race?

Phoenix waited for everyone to get some food and take their seats around the table. They weren't too chatty with each other, but that was understandable. Everyone was going to be a little shy at first. At least it was a smaller group. It was always easier to get started that way. Even if Phoenix had hoped for more people, this was still a better turn out than the meetings back at AHS. And it was only the first meeting anyway.

Wow, all girls too. Well, that certainly made it easier to get everyone acquainted the first time, right?

Once everyone was situated, Phoenix stood up. "Well, I guess we can get started. For those of you that don't know, my name is Phoenix Dawning, your club leader. And this is Rain," Phoenix gestured to Rain who stood up just a bit straighter and more regal, recognizing that she was being introduced.

Phoenix smiled awkwardly for a second or two before remembering what she was supposed to say next. "Right, well, I want to thank you all for coming. I have a feeling we're going to get along pretty well with each other. It'll be nice having people to fly with, right?"

She paused again, then cleared her throat. "So I think we should get started by introducing ourselves. We'll go around saying our name and grade, and how we fly. Sound good?"

With any or no response, Phoenix would take her seat. "Great. I'll go last," she said, and she turned to her right to where Opal was sitting.

Opal chuckled at herself. Of course she would have to be the first to speak. Well, she wasn't standing. That was for sure. She took a sip of the water bottle she had taken before speaking. "Okay. I'm Opal. I'm a senior, and I'm a shifter. I can turn into a fruit bat."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Felicia looked at Phoenix and Rain. Her eyes lit in interest but she didn't say anything. Well about the bird and the winged woman.

"Um. Hello. Thanks," Felicia said. It was easy to know Felicia was shy around new people at first but grew accustomed to people real fast. This was a simple school group. Nothing like the birthday ball where she had been dropped into a room full of a lot of stuck up rich brats.

Felicia settled at the table and looked at everyone else that was there. She didn't know anyone but wasn't she supposed to make new friends?

Rika was much more energetic and excited than the pixie. She waved as others came in. It seemed a lot of people were bat like. At least that's what her nose and the beginning of the introductions told her.

When Opal introduced her self after the opening statement of Phoenix, Rika was nearly bursting with excitement. She hadn't seen another fruit bat shifter her entire life. Heck she hadn't flown with anyone else her entire life! Rika had to be quiet as Felicia had the floor, seeing as she had ended up next to Opal.

Felicia looked around before speaking. "I'm Felicia Rose. I'm a Junior and a pixie."

Question and answers could be later. It was Rika's turn and the young girl spoke up with a bright smile. "Hi! I'm Rika Britt and I'm a fruit bat shifter!"

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Well, it was only due to the fact that her talons would rip apart any shoe she cared to put on, anyway. The most that Lumis would ever wear on her feet were sandals, and that's only if she felt she was going to hurt her feet somewhere, like in the city. The girl that appeared to be setting up acknowledged that this was indeed the place, giving her perhaps a look of confusion at something. Lumis paid it no mind. She was indeed not ashamed of her powers. As for her sunglasses? Yes, sensitivity. She would remove them when she felt acclimated. A moment later, Lumis' ears perked upon hearing a familiar voice. Turning, she indeed saw the trim figure of another fellow flyer she knew fairly well, Jessy Stone. She gave the girl a nod.)

Lumis: Hello, Jessy.

(One thing to always remember about Lumis: As opposed to those stoics who seem aloof or uncaring about others, she was an engaging and friendly enough person. She just remained even-toned and did not emote as much. She was, by no means, actually lacking in emotion. After Phoenix introduced herself, there was at least one more arrival and - seeing as others were looking over at the food and drink displayed - she decided to take a plate of things for herself and take a seat, all of her bat-like attributes vanishing into her. Her ears looked normal, her wings were gone, and there hadn't been any claws and talons since she entered. Lumis WAS aware that Jessy was very self-conscious about her wings - Jessy could not retract them - but she figured the other girl wouldn't be offended by displaying that.)

"Well, I guess we can get started. For those of you that don't know, my name is Phoenix Dawning, your club leader. And this is Rain."

(She referred to her bird...friend? Familiar? Pet? Lumis didn't know, but it had the spark of intelligence about it...)

"Right, well, I want to thank you all for coming. I have a feeling we're going to get along pretty well with each other. It'll be nice having people to fly with, right?"

(That was a good question, actually. Lumis had actually enjoyed Jessy's company in previous flights, but she was usually alone.)

"So I think we should get started by introducing ourselves. We'll go around saying our name and grade, and how we fly. Sound good?"

Lumis: Certainly.

(One of them immediately to one side of Phoenix spoke up and introduced herself as Opal. Lumis would have thought it to be odd name, but for the obvious fact that so was Lumis. When it was her turn, she did stand up and removed her sunglasses now that her eyes were settled down.)

Lumis: My name is Lumis Helial Melaney. I transferred into the 11th grade after St. Lily's was regrettably destroyed. My flight power is the Anima of the vampire bat. Grandfather explained that it's inherent in our family to take on the physical aspects of a bat. However, it is not vampirism, and I do not need blood to live.

(This was emphasized by the fact that she was calmly eating some of the foodstuff prepared by Phoenix once she sat back down. One reasons she immediately reassured everyone there was another little nod to Jessy, who had been afraid that Lumis was a blood-sucker. It was true that she could live on blood for nourishment, but what was UNtrue was that needed it somehow.)

Ares
Member Avatar
Stalker
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

Hello, Jessy

Jessy nodded back after a momentary hesitation, "Hi" She said. She distinctly remembered their last meeting, and while she didn't blame her, bad memories were attached there. She was determined to be friendly and not let it affect what could be a friendship, but it wasn't always the things she thought about.

Quote:

"Nice to meet you, Jessy. I'm Phoenix, and this is Rain."

A fire bird and rain? Heh, irony! She smiled back, not showing any teeth of course. She meandered over to the food and grabbed some of everything before finding her seat, eating behind a her hand to keep anyone from freaking out. Although, she mused, looking at the other people, some of them may not freak out. Still, better safe than sorry you know.

Quote:

"Right, well, I want to thank you all for coming. I have a feeling we're going to get along pretty well with each other. It'll be nice having people to fly with, right?"

Well, either she'd enjoy it, or it'd be her last foray into the public eye at this point. Course, she said that every time. Like teh time at starbucks, or at the book store. or the beach. well, eventually she'd either find a group she got along with or just give up. Whatever worked.

Quote:

"So I think we should get started by introducing ourselves. We'll go around saying our name and grade, and how we fly. Sound good?"

She nodded, tightening her wings against her body. Anxiety starting to rise a little bit as she realized she'd have to show her wings. They all flew so it'd be okay right? She thought reassuringly, they wouldn't see her wings and jump back in fear or scream or call her a... not helping.

She considered going first, after their fearless leader, of course, but hesitated far too long as the shorter girl had already started talking.

Quote:

"Okay. I'm Opal. I'm a senior, and I'm a shifter. I can turn into a fruit bat."

Fruit bat? What was with the meta gene and bats? She thought, her curiosity momentarily eclisping her growing anxiety. Which, didn't last long, as the burning fear of her nervousness quickly grew past that. Great, she'd be the only one who didn't turn into a bad or have bat wings or anything like that. It'd turn out that the phoenix girl turned into a fiery bat, lumis was a bat thing, and the other girl would be a werebat. Bats everywhere but her. And then bad things would happen because she didn't drink blood. Although fruit bats didn't drink blood... Logic.

Quote:

"I'm Felicia Rose. I'm a Junior and a pixie."

A pixie? Wasn't she too tall for that? Jessy relaxed as there was another not bat there. But bats. Everywhere. At least they weren't pigeons. Bloody stupid rats with wings. She devolved into some mental grumbling that went nowhere as the other girl spoke up.

Quote:

"Hi! I'm Rika Britt and I'm a fruit bat shifter!"

Jessy quietly sighed as she continued eating, it helped with stress and she'd burn it off quickly, she justified. Looks like almost everyone else could shift, or something like that, she was just about the only one stuck with the wings when she wasn't flying. Wonder if they'd dislike her for that? She considered getting it over with then, but Lumis stepped up while she hesitated again.

Quote:

My name is Lumis Helial Melaney. I transferred into the 11th grade after St. Lily's was regrettably destroyed. My flight power is the Anima of the vampire bat. Grandfather explained that it's inherent in our family to take on the physical aspects of a bat. However, it is not vampirism, and I do not need blood to live

Do not need blood. Jessy mused on those words. Did she want it then? Nah, it wouldn't be somehting like that. She was kind've comforted by Lumis being there, at least one other wouldn't hate her for it. Well, that's like uh, 1 in 5, 20% was actually good these days.

She took one last bite and swallowed it before speaking up timidly. "Um, I'm Jezebelle Stone, Call me Jessy, I fly with wings and I'm a Sophmore." She didn't volunteer her wings, mostly due to the still growing nervousness, and she quickly returned to the dwindling plate of food in front of her. She turned her head towards the club leader. Figured she'd make it clear she was done right now, her eyes were still shaded and she wasn't letting anyone see her teeth or wings. Keep it normal as long as possible.

Newlight
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Phoenix nodded and smiled at each person as they spoke. Anxiety was steadily growing in her. Phoenix was only a sophomore, and there were more upperclassman here that she anticipated. Not that Phoenix couldn't get along with older kids, but it was weird to think of her being the leader when there were other senpai there.

Opal, on the other hand, was ecstatic. After she heard Rika introduce herself as a fruit bat, it was all she could do not to jump out of her seat. Opal had never met another fruitbat outside of her family. She was already glad she came in, if only to hear that. Lumis was pretty interesting too, being that she was a vampire bat shifter. Opal hadn't known that there were other kinds of bat shifters before. But it was especially exciting to meet another just like her.

Opal grinned at Rika, wavering for only a moment when she noticed the two different colored eyes. It reminded her of someone she hadn't seen in ages, but that was a tale for another time. Right now Opal was excited and wanted only to think happy thoughts.

When the last girl spoke, Phoenix gave her an especially sympathetic smile. The girl was so shy and nervous. Phoenix could so relate. She was quiet for a second or two, waiting for someone else to speak. But then she realized that Jessy had been the last one.

"Oh, right," she said quickly, blushing lightly at her absentmindedness. "I'm Phoenix, a sophmore, and I fly by riding Rain in her true from." Phoenix gestured to the bird. "She's much bigger in that form, I assure you. Now..."

Phoenix's voice trailed off for a moment. She...actually hadn't really thought of what they would do after introductions. Back at AHS everyone just met outside and started flying around. This was supposed to be an interest meeting, and Phoenix had the information prepared. She mentally scrambled for it, clearing her throat before speaking again.

"I'm just going to tell you guys a few things about what we'll be doing. And then I think it'd be fun if we all went outside and took a test flight together." That seemed like the most sensible way to get to know each other. "We'll meet here every other Thursday just after classes let out. We'll be doing a lot of flying, of course. But I'd like it if we could meet here for little events from time to time. You know, spend time getting to know each other."

Pheonix took a steady breath. "This club is still pretty young, so I don't have a lot of things planned just yet. If any of you have suggestions for stuff we could do, let me know."

She paused for the nods. "Okay! Well, let's head outside. Pick a partner on your way out."

Phoenix didn't go to the door. She pointed over to the corner of the large room where a small spiral staircase led up to the ceiling. She walked up, and it led to the door to the roof. A nice little perk she had put in so that they could take off from the roof. The school had approved it, seeing it as a sensible addition.

Phoenix smiled at Jessy as they headed to the staircase. The girl was so shy. Phoenix was pretty shy herself, and she wouldn't mind pairing up with her. But she'd hold off just to be sure she didn't pair with Lumis first. The two seemed to know each other.

Opal was at Rika's side faster than a bullet. She grabbed her arm lightly. "Pair with me, Rika!"

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Rika and Felicia looked at Phoenix after everyone was through introducing theirselves. It seemed like bats were pretty common. Rain seemed to be the only familiar in the room. Maybe that would change if others joined! Surely there were a lot more people who could fly.

Phoenix went over some things and then they were to pick partners and go flying together. There was a schedule provided so they knew when to meet. It helped Felicia out because she was still being tutored in school since this was her first time in school.

Rika was excited. Maybe she cold give ideas at the next meeting. Of course getting to know everyone was top priority. Everyone there was a girl though! And seemed so nice. The small girl was nearly exploding with excitement just like Opal was.

As they stood to go outside, Opal totally called Rika. The mismatched eyed girl grinned and nodded. "I'd like that! I've never met another fruit bat," she said as they made their way out of room and to the roof. "How long have you been at the school?"

Felicia was tagged along from behind. She was alright with not having a partner and just doing her own thing. The social norms still eluded her and she didn't see a problem with keeping to herself. Locking her hands behind her head, she moved with the group. Being outside actually calmed her nervousness a bit.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Bats were indeed common, it seems, though Lumis really hadn't known any until now. Quite interesting, actually. Lumis felt an innate desire to compare notes with them, sometime, see what they had to say about the inherent advantages and flaws in bat-related flight power. You see? This club wasn't such a bad idea. It took one of her favorite pasttimes and ran with it. Well...flew with it. Jessy's introduction was rather short, but Lumis was aware that she was simply born that way, lamenting the inability to be able to put the wings away for a time. It made the bat-girl wish that she had been born with shifting powers, that she had a choice. Once Phoenis herself had delivered an introduction, she explained more general information on how the club was. It was pretty freeform, and willing to just get down to business, which was of course flying.)

"This club is still pretty young, so I don't have a lot of things planned just yet. If any of you have suggestions for stuff we could do, let me know."

Lumis: I might.

(She wasn't 100% sure just yet, but maybe the idea of a little air-sport could work? Maybe.)

"Okay! Well, let's head outside. Pick a partner on your way out."

(That all began. A couple of partners were immediately chosen and those ready would be heading for the stairs. Lumis prepared herself again, wings appearing once more from her back, ears changing, fangs growing, and all her claws and talons poking into place. Since no one had come to her yet, she turned to Jessy, pulling her own sunglasses out again.)

Lumis: May I join you?
Edited by Lord Massacre, Aug 13 2015, 01:16 PM.

Ares
Member Avatar
Stalker
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

"I'm Phoenix, a sophmore, and I fly by riding Rain in her true from. She's much bigger in that form, I assure you. Now..."

Jessy hoped so, trying to ride on a falcon/hawk/notpigeon thing wouldn't be fun for the bird if it stayed that size. Well, at least there weren't as many bat people as she had though, only about half, give or take. She finally stopped eating as the introductions went over without a hitch. At least she hadn't completely screwed that up.

Quote:

"I'm just going to tell you guys a few things about what we'll be doing. And then I think it'd be fun if we all went outside and took a test flight together. We'll meet here every other Thursday just after classes let out. We'll be doing a lot of flying, of course. But I'd like it if we could meet here for little events from time to time. You know, spend time getting to know each other."

She nodded, yea, usually club stuff. Hopefully the others would get along with them all and stuff. None of them seemed to stare at all. Well, to be fair she didn't have her features out, and probably wouldn't do more than show her wings as long as she could. They were the easier part to deal with.

Quote:

"This club is still pretty young, so I don't have a lot of things planned just yet. If any of you have suggestions for stuff we could do, let me know. Okay! Well, let's head outside. Pick a partner on your way out."

Jessy thought about it for a couple seconds, but she didn't have anything yet, maybe by the next meeting. She felt a flutter of joy, it seemed like this was actually going to happen. Why'd they have to pair up, most of them hopefully understood flying at least a little bit. Well, considering they did it, more than a little bit. she shifted her wings against her back nervously. Which probably looked odd to anyone watching.

Quote:

May I join you?

She looked at Lumis, watching her as her wings and stuff came out, "Definetly." She said, a little releived she didn't have to go ask anyone to fly with her. After momentary hesitation, she added quietly, "thanks."She rolled her shoulders and moved her jacket a little so her long leathery wings slithered slowly though the holes right. The wings swept to her sides as the girl replaced the jacket. The wings surrounded her appealing form, the dark, leather forms that appeared slightly monstrous provided a stark contrast to the almost mundane form upon which they cast shadows as they stretched to their gargantuan wingspan, seeming to dwarf Jessy in their dark magnificance.

She pulled her wings to their side, running her nails along the folds and structure of the wings, making sure they were okay as she walked up the stairs behind Lumis. Phoenix had been staring at her a lot, had she seen Jessy before? One of the tiems she walked around full freak? She felt as though the eyes of everyone were on her, whether they were or not, and she shifted around, waiting for someone else to take the lead, she sure as hell wasn't taking off first.
Edited by Ares, Aug 9 2015, 12:50 AM.

Newlight
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Felicia was the last one, so Phoenix made her way over to her and smiled.

"Mind pairing up with me?" She asked.

Quote:

"I'd like that! I've never met another fruit bat,"

"Me either," said Opal, her eyes gleaming. Her little time at this school had been so lame so far. She had no one to hang out with and everything seemed so boring compared to how she and her father had lived.

Quote:

"How long have you been at the school?"

"Only two weeks," said Opal. "How about you?"

When they got to the roof, Phoenix snapped her fingers and said something in another language, and Rain hopped off of her shoulder and took to the skies. The bird flew overhead, and as she did she grew. She circled around them a few times, casting a huge shadow. She had a wingspan of twelve feet, a body length of six.

"We'll consider this a dismissal," said Phoenix. "Everyone take a flight with your partner, and then when you land try to do something together. Maybe have a coffee or something. Just get to know each other. I'll see you back next week."

If Felicia had agreed to match up with Phoenix, she'd beckon her to the edge of the roof. Rain flew higher and then started declining, swooping close to them. "Thanks for coming ladies. Goodbye!"

And with that, Phoenix jumped off and onto Rain's back as the huge bird flew past. She took the air, leaning to wrap her arms around Rain's neck, and looked over to see if Felicia had followed.

Opal shifted and took a few seconds to rest and nibble on a strawberry she had swiped on her way out. Then she flew off with Rika. She was a little brown bat with blue eyes. Some red from the strawberry stained the fur around her mouth.

She flew over Rika and around her, being playful.
Edited by Newlight, Aug 12 2015, 07:31 AM.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Felicia offered Phoenix a small smile. "Not a problem."

It truly wasn't a problem. She was interested in Rain and Phoenix even if she wouldn't admit it. The people knew her best she felt no need to ask questions about but faced with someone who didn't know her background and without a familiar face around, she felt stupid for asking too many questions.

At the roof, her partner dismissed them with an assignment. Make a new friend or at least attempt too. Her pixie wings unfurled. The iridescent wings were tipped in black from her dark pixie genes. They fluttered as she took to the sky as Raina grew. It was amazing.

"Your bird friend is pretty cool," Felicia offered once they were in the sky and away from the others. The sky was one place she felt free at.

"About two months," Rika offered. "I came in during the summer. The chieftain of the clan thought it wise for me to socialize with the outside world now that I'm older."

Once she shifted into the form of a fruit bat she stretched her wings and took flight. In her bat form, she was a little bit lighter then Opal. Her eyes were the strangest things. One was still green and the other was red. In humans it was rare but in bat shifters even rarer.

In the air Rika played with Opal and tried to fly around her as well. She wasn't nearly as big at Opal was so she had to make extra flaps to do the same thing as the other bat was.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Knowing Jessy prior to now, Lumis was aware of some of the awkwardness she felt about herself, so asking the other girl if she could partner with her was probably for the best. If she could feel more wanted, she could feel more at ease, and Jessy herself seemed to think so as well, having quietly thanked her. Lumis nodded at her, as though to say "No problem", and the two of them moved on, heading up the stairs. The roof was open and free, a great spot for take-offs. As she looked around, she caught sight of the unfurled Jessy, ready for flight, and a thought struck her.)

Lumis: How is it that you do not turn heads in a good way?

(It was true that because she could not really hide some of her attributes - especially her wings - Jessy was very self-conscious about her appearance. But something that confused the bat-girl even now was how she did not attract anyone. Maybe not humans, but meta-humans, someone able to accept that which was out of the ordinary. After all, she was certainly attractive. The wings even added their own certain elegance to the picture. For her own part, Lumis wished that Jessy knew more understanding people, so she could break out of herself, so to speak. Well, still, Phoenix had transformed her bird and...wow, it got BIG.)

"We'll consider this a dismissal. Everyone take a flight with your partner, and then when you land try to do something together. Maybe have a coffee or something. Just get to know each other. I'll see you back next week."

(Lumis tilted her head at that abrupt ending, then glanced at Jessy.)

Lumis: Short meeting. Anywhere you'd like to go after we do some flying? I have no preference.

(After her answer was given, Lumis would give a bit of a running start and leap to catch the air and swoop up with the nearest air-current to bring her higher. She had told Jessy about her flying style before in the hopes that she could improve her own flight. Let's see how she does.)
Edited by Lord Massacre, Aug 14 2015, 01:00 AM.

Ares
Member Avatar
Stalker
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

How is it that you do not turn heads in a good way?

Jezebelle's face colored red at the compliment, even if it wasn't quite intended like that, looked down at herself. "I don't know really, i mean, I have some guesses. But I think its mostly the eyes, and the teeth. People can look at comic book heroes and love them, but its something humans just do, most humans, and metas are scared of me because I'm close to human, but there's just a few things that shatter the illusion that i'm normal. Or maybe they just think I look like a horror critter. I don't know. But i hate it." She said, finishing her little tired rant. Lumis couldn't know, but she asked herself that question every night, every day, every time someone ran away or insulted her appearance. It was just something she couldn't answer. But even most metas looked human, so perhaps on some level it was the fact that she was so almost human.

She watched as the tiny bird got really big. Damn. She reminded herself not to make baby-talk to the bird. However tempting it could eventually get. She nodded at the dismissal, looking to Lumis as she asked her question.

Quote:

Short meeting. Anywhere you'd like to go after we do some flying? I have no preference.

She looked around a minute, "How about the waterfall? Its always kinda quiet and calming." and it wasn't filled with people. After Lumis's confirmation, she followed the bat girl, off the edge with her wings fully outstretched, flapping them a couple times to take flight and get some good altitude. Her take-off wasn't nearly as smooth as Lumis's, but she dove headfirst into the strong breeze coming from the sea, the warm air catching her wings and setting her up to get higher up, and up she went with the updraft, she still had to muscle her way to the air, but it was easier than it had been while ago. She meanouvered around before either leading the way or following Lumis to their destination. It was easier that way.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Boardwalk · Next Topic »
Add Reply