Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
AHS Announcements
Staff Announcement

A Mysterious Message!
Read Yours!

Now Up to the Plate!
Read More!

A new skin has been added in honor of the season! Also, Brackenridge Manor has opened it's doors! The butler has some words of warning for you.

Cordially, Icarus
Main Storyline Information

Current Storyline Thread
Party at Brackenridge

Welcome, you are currently not logged in. Without being logged in you are limited to posting in Contact the Staff and the Advertising forum. You are welcome to read as much as you like, but when you are ready to join, go ahead and read the rules and create an account!

Create an Account!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Another Chapter; Closed;
Topic Started: Apr 8 2016, 07:19 AM (687 Views)
Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In the place between heaven and hell, sat a small deminsion for demon dead that weren't ready to pass over. Evwrything was in muted colors and shades of grey. It looked dreary and sad. Deformed people roamed the area. It was easy to tell how people died there.

That was where the body of a young pixie woman appeared. It hovered over a stone table with a bowl beneath the wound, catching the blood that slowly leaked from the massive wound. And it was a lethal blow. It should have killed her had she not been brought there.

Two people busied their selves around her after a moment of shock. They were demon dead. The female had her neck sliced open. The male was cut from her shoulder to hip. It was a gorey scene but they didn't seem fazed.

"This is nasty. Are you sure you can fix it?" The female asked.

"Ya. I have too. She can't die yet," the male said as he pushed Kendra's body lower to the stone table. Then he stuck his hands in the wound and found that he could easy fit his hand through her chest. He hummed and began to dig around in her chest. It was hard to tell if he was searching for something or simply taking stock of the wound.

Kendra wound was larger in the front. It was easily 6 inches wide and for her small body, it took up most of her chest. The exit wound was smaller but not by much. Kendra's skin was paler then it had been when she had been attacked by zombies.

And she wasn't breathing. Her chest didn't move. Her heart didn't beat. It was hard to tell she was alive. Or even think it. So much blood had been lost and the killing blow was grotesque.

"Can you see my fingers?" The male had his arm through Kendra's body, wiggling his fingers.

"Yes I can," the female replied.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
Everyone's Favorite Badass...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(It wasn't long after that a new body appeared in the area: A standing one. He was suddenly there, dressed in relatively casual clothes without a wound on his body - unless you count the emotional one he just suffered - and a decidedly dark and evil glow of crimson energy faintly alight that matched his eyes. Other features included his shadow struggling and writhing with a life of its own, unable to take the shape of a human like he was, or a multi-armed monster like he'd been on Mt. Fuji. He looked around and felt disconcerted by his surroundings. It was excessively drab, it was too quiet, and he had come here to retrieve his girlfriend...who had been impaled. Everything was wrong with this setting. His mind was a litany of 'Dammit' as he saw Kendra there like that, and his face was remorse and hurt for not being able to stop this.)

Darrel: What's...going on here?

(He had NO idea how to handle this, and he definitely looked like lashing out was on the menu here. If these strange afterlife creatures were well-informed as to the way alot of their customers were sent to them, they might know a few things about Massacre/Vex and the Brethren of the Dark Power. Eternal beings tended to know certain kinds of handywork and traits. Darrel was looking a bit Brethren-y to anyone savvy enough.)
Edited by Lord Massacre, Apr 9 2016, 12:54 AM.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
The male looked up at the new living guy that just popped in. He wasn't too afraid but the female gasped and moved behind the male who removed his hand from Kendra's chest.

"I'm saving her life. Time is of the essence," he said turning to the female, who nodded and went to gather a few more things. "And what are you doing here?"

The man looked back down at Kendra and reached for the small knife to start cutting the clothing from her body. It wouldn't due to have those in the way. The female.came back and set water on the stone table. She eyed Darrel. The look was almost critical but of what?

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I'm saving her life. Time is of the essence,"

Darrel: I...I see. Sorry. Please...go on.

"And what are you doing here?"

Darrel: I'm her boyfriend. I was told she wasn't dead, so I came to help...whatever it is that's necessary to save her.

(The first part of his answer, completely unflinching in resolve. Actually, all of it, but the last part was in confusion because he had no idea what any of this was. He also didn't know what that stare was about. In his mind, it could've meant anything. And of course, he had to ask the obvious question...)

Darrel: Where am I?

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Both of them turned looked at him with shock in their eyes. Though it was the female that answered his question ad the male hummed and dropped the tattered clothing to the side.

"A small realm between Earth, Heaven and Hell. Not really sure of the exact name but it's where people who have too much life force left after dying come until we fizz out," she said as she cleaned Kendra's skin.

"If you're here to help save our daughter then get over here. Everything is ready to go," he said. "You've got more life energy then us, so you'll be a bigger help."

Upon closer inspection is was easy to see the man had dark blue hair and purple eyes. The female had blonde and brown eyes. However their colors were muted and they only had so much light. These two were the twins' parents.

"Grace, come to the other side," he said and the woman moved to the other side of Kendra as he stood at her head. They waitem for Darrel to cone to them.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"A small realm between Earth, Heaven and Hell. Not really sure of the exact name but it's where people who have too much life force left after dying come until we fizz out,"

(He gave them both a very careful look.)

Darrel: Then, I'm glad you're working to stop that.

(Somewhat a reassurance, somewhat a 'And that'd better be what you're doing and not fooling with me'. Veiled statements like that could go DEEP if you let them. However, he was convinced once the man spoke up again.)

"If you're here to help save our daughter then get over here. Everything is ready to go. You've got more life energy then us, so you'll be a bigger help."

Darrel: Right.

(He didn't want to say too much, since he was completely blindsided with that, but stepping over there and looking at them more clearly...they were her parents, weren't they? What were they doing h- Fizzling out, perhaps. He was in position, but he had questions.)

Darrel: What do I do, and...what happened to you?

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Grace looked at her husband. He was better equipped to answer the questions then she was. But then she was studying him and nearly wanted to asked about their relationship. She was surprised at first but then her daughter was an adult.

"Renata killed us when the girls were barely 5 years old. First Grace was killed and then she took me out. I had the advantage of not dying all the way. I don't know what happened but when Renata went for the girls, she was thrown back and disappeared. Adara was asleep and Kendra was just staring at us. That was the last thing I saw before waking up here," he explained.

He looked at Kendra and brushed her bangs out of her eyes before looking at Darrel.

"Will you allow me to create a link between the two of you? If you know both girls, they you know of their link and maye how it works. But it will allow me to channel your energy with Grace's to heal her. It will hold for 3 to 4 days after you leave but call it a monitor link. She won't be able to feel you but if you concentrate you can monitor her vitals and know if something goes wrong or help with the healing process. By time the link fades, she should be out of the critical stage. And if you want a more permanent one, you can talk to her about it."

"Liam, are we going to allow him to take her home or should we send her back to my great aunt's house? Her daughter is a nurse. I'm sure they'd allow him to stay close to her."

Of course Grace didn't know of the game of hot potato played with her daughters or the fact that where they lived was on the other side of the world then where Darrel and Kendra actually lived. Neither one had been able to watch the girls grow through life. It had only been recently that they had been struck with a deal. Someone had known Kendra was going to die and bargained with them.

Liam hummed. "I'd say it's up to him. He's the one coming after her. Your family may not know how to help if something goes wrong with the pixie side of her," he said softly. "And I'd rather not see my daughter in this area before I fizzle out."

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Well, that was settled, then. Not that he needed an excuse, but Renata was a dead woman if Sun didn't chew her up first. Maybe he'd even get her with the Dark Power, wracking and scarring even the soul before dying. It seemed that they would always need the assassin in him. He could live with that, though. It was for his reasons, for what was important to him. The explanation of their deaths was unsettling, of course, but those two would find Mr. Brethrenized Mortal a little more focused on what he should be angry at. He wasn't surging with the crimson energy now, but his eyes remained red.)

"Will you allow me to create a link between the two of you? If you know both girls, they you know of their link and maye how it works. But it will allow me to channel your energy with Grace's to heal her. It will hold for 3 to 4 days after you leave but call it a monitor link. She won't be able to feel you but if you concentrate you can monitor her vitals and know if something goes wrong or help with the healing process. By time the link fades, she should be out of the critical stage. And if you want a more permanent one, you can talk to her about it."

Darrel: It's fine. Do it.

(He would have to think on whether he wanted a permanent link with Kendra or not. If their relationship worked out and she was comfortable enough with it, then that would be workable...but it could go wrong too. What if something in their life made her keep him at a distance like Malik? If he were unwanted, but still linked in some way, it would be a terrible thing to put upon them. One thing he knew for certain: He was hurting from seeing her like this, and he didn't want to lose her. They were close enough in his mind to try it.)

"Liam, are we going to allow him to take her home or should we send her back to my great aunt's house? Her daughter is a nurse. I'm sure they'd allow him to stay close to her."

"I'd say it's up to him. He's the one coming after her. Your family may not know how to help if something goes wrong with the pixie side of her. And I'd rather not see my daughter in this area before I fizzle out."

Darrel: It doesn't matter which world you send us to, since we've gone back-and-forth a few times. I'd ask you to pick whichever one Renata can't get into easily, though. This was her doing, while I was dealing with one of her minions.

(He clearly felt bad about that, as though it were his fault she was impaled. Why not? He'd managed to keep her from dying before, but this... This was a failure on his part.)

Darrel: I know a heavily-defended mansion on Earth. It's run by some friends who helped me before. One of them is a healer. If there's someone we need in Pixy, we can get 'em.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Liam nodded. "See? We can trust him." He looked at Darrel. "Take her where you think she'll be safest. I don't know which is better since we've not been able to watch them grow. I hope Renata dies painfully."

Grace nodded and placed a hand on Kendra's chest. Liam reached for Darrel's hand and positioned it over Kendra. There was a white light as a thread slithered from Darrel's hand to Kendra. He'd feel different and the same all at once. Then Liam pressed his hand INSIDE Kendra's chest and positioned it against the edge. It was opposite of Grace's.

"I'll move your hands as needed outward," he said. "Just close your eyes and concentrate on her. Young man, you have her heart. Grace, you have her lungs."

Liam placed one over their hands and one beneath Kendra's body, where the exit wound was. He mumbled something in Latin and their hands began to glow a violet color. A heat washed over their hands as he had them as the healing began. At some points it almost got unbearable. Ever so slowly, Liam moved their hands upwards.

After what seemed like forever, Liam pulled their hands from Kendra's chest and opened his eyes. He was breathing deeply. Instead of the wide gaping wound on her chest, there was a smaller opening. One that Grace was stitching up nicely even as she faded in and out.

"It's not a full hearing but her back, heart, lungs and other important muscles and organs are healed. She'll have to be careful with the front wound for awhile. One blow could possibly heal her until the bones mend and she is finished healing," he said, fatigue in his voice.

"Make sure she doesn't rip a stitch out," Grace said softly as she finished up and stood back. She was nearly see through.

Liam covered Kendra up tucking the blanket around her. "You won't feel anything from her until you get to which ever world you want to be in. She's frozen in time at the moment."

"Do you want to clean your hand off? There's a bowl right behind you to clean up in," Grace said.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"See? We can trust him. Take her where you think she'll be safest. I don't know which is better since we've not been able to watch them grow. I hope Renata dies painfully."

(He only gave a nod to that. No more needed to be said. They took his hand and pulsed a light out of it into Kendra. Darrel didn't need to be a rocket wizard to understand that that was an element of his life energy. The feeling, however... He didn't know what to make of it. It was... You know the state of cognative dissonance, where the thing you see and the thing that is just won't resolve into proper sense? Meet the emotional equivalent of it. Suddenly, his hand phased right into Kendra, and this somber-yet-hopeful moment became WTF on Darrel's face!)

"I'll move your hands as needed outward. Just close your eyes and concentrate on her. Young man, you have her heart. Grace, you have her lungs."

(He cleared his throat and went "Right" at that, forcing himself to calm down. This was some kind of magic, the likes of which he didn't understand. He simply did as he was asked, concentrating on wanting Kendra to be alive. The waiting, even after it had begun and he felt something magical going on, started to become unbearable, though. Patience was not a virtue in Darrel's world. Oh, he and his entire Order could lie in wait to attack, easy. But this was a slow and meticulous process and he was not the sort of person who liked to wait for results when he could get them himself. The problem was...he couldn't DO this himself, so he had to let it go. When it was done, Darrel had his hand back and Liam explained that everything was back in place...but that she was in a fragile condition.)

"Make sure she doesn't rip a stitch out,"

(They said something else, but Darrel missed it because he was focused on Kendra, and his hand. That was...weird.)

"Do you want to clean your hand off? There's a bowl right behind you to clean up in."

Darrel: Yeah...I think I'd better.

(While Kendra was being wrapped up, he did just that. He remained mostly silent, not knowing what to say...to them OR to her.)

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Grace and Liam cleaned up and gathered stuff up. The silence seemed to be a time for everyone to reflect on things. Neither one of them talked as things were out up and Kendra was moved to a softer area so they could clean up the stone.

Finally Liam clapped Darrel on the shoulder. It was a firm grip but one that wasn't threatening. He studied the young man that came to retrieve his daughter.

"Are you alright? I know this was a lot to take in suddenly but it had to be done quickly to save her," he said. His voice was soft and weary.

Grace was fussing over Kendra with tears in her eyes. Her girls had only been babies when she was killed. She had missed so much. Were they treated right? Did Kendra fight a lot? What about Adara? There were so many questions she had for her unconscious daughter. And some for the young man that was there. But once again, she didn't have the time. Fate was cruel.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Not that Darrel couldn't feel Liam's presence approaching him, but the hand surprised him just the same.)

"Are you alright? I know this was a lot to take in suddenly but it had to be done quickly to save her,"

(He shook his head.)

Darrel: I watched the life drain from her eyes. We've dated and even vacationed together. The two of us were planning to do a backpacking tour around the world, where she'd meet my mom in Boston. I know we're good for each other. It's why it hurt so much to see...

(He sighed, trying to keep himself from getting riled up, and succeeded in returning his eyes to blue.)

Darrel: It's a long story, but I have alot of deadly power and training, and I have had to use it. I've done alot of things, more good than bad, I think. But...when I thought I'd lost her...I almost stopped caring...about anything.

(And if that happened 'Let The Bodies Hit The Floor' would be the theme.)
Edited by Lord Massacre, Apr 10 2016, 06:46 PM.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Liam tilted his head and hummed. So Kendra was close to him. It both made him happy and made the fatherly protectiveness come out. If only he knew how Kendra connected with Malik.

"When I lost Grave that night, my world shattered. I stopped caring when I saw it until I remembered I had two little girls counting on me. There's always someone else out there counting on you. Whether is be your loved one, family or kids," he said. "I understand where you're coming from though."

He really could. He slowly turned Darrel to face Grace and Kendra. There was a strong family resemblance between the two.

"As much as I hate to say it, but my little girl is counting on you now." He shrugged. "But I think that's the dad in me. I remember her as the child I would carry on my shoulders. Not the woman that appeared before us barely alive with her boyfriend following after."

He frowned and released Darrel. Stepping over to the wall he withdrew a book and handed it to Darrel.

"Take this and give it to Kendra please. It will explain the changes she'll go through in the upcoming years. She's the last of the swordsmiths of Pixy. People might seek her out to make weapons. They may not. It's hard to tell. The skill is secret and probably thought lost."

Grace stood and fluttered over to them with red ringed eyes. "You guys can't stay much longer or you'll be stuck here."

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(The older-and-yes-also-dead man certainly had an understanding. Yes, there was always somebody out there that would need him for something. If not the one he loved, then the family he had. If not them, then his friends and former classmates. And if not them, then meta-kind itself. It wasn't a pretty picture, but it was the truth. They turned to Kendra now.)

"As much as I hate to say it, but my little girl is counting on you now. But I think that's the dad in me. I remember her as the child I would carry on my shoulders. Not the woman that appeared before us barely alive with her boyfriend following after."

Darrel: You know, she's going to really regret not being awake for this.

(It wasn't something they could do much about, though. He would have to tell her about it when she recovered enough to stay conscious for a while. The man then headed over to the wall, took out a book, and handed it to him.)

"Take this and give it to Kendra please. It will explain the changes she'll go through in the upcoming years. She's the last of the swordsmiths of Pixy. People might seek her out to make weapons. They may not. It's hard to tell. The skill is secret and probably thought lost."

Darrel: I'll give it to her.

"You guys can't stay much longer or you'll be stuck here."

(He held up her necklace now.)

Darrel: Take her and concentrate on where I want to go, right?

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"I know. But I think it might be for the best. She'd have to say goodbye again and know she'd never see us again. It'd be like a second death to her."

He was giving Kendra the book. That was good but he held up the necklace. Liam blinked and shook his head.

"That may have gotten you here but it won't get you some place safe. It'll take you back with Adara." And Adara was at the fight. That'd be the worst place for Kendra. Liam held out a black diamond. "Do the same thing with this and it'll take you where you wanna go."

Grace stepped over and hugged Darrel. It was completely unexpected but she was crying. "Please take care of our baby girl." She released him and stepped away.

Liam nodded and stuck his hand out to him. "I can see why Kendra would like you. You're good for her. But you two need to leave. You'll need to rest soon from giving her energy."

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Liam explained why Kendra seeing them again was a bad idea. Darrel may not have had their lives or necessarily their hardships, but inside...he disagreed. He would give anything to see his father again, for his mother and sister to see Anthony Reggick once more. Parting would be as Shakespeare wrote, sweet and sorrowful, but at least it would be something to be had. Anyway, apparently the necklace was still keyed to return to Adara, which was no good. He was about to ask what then...when he was handed a black diamond.)

"Do the same thing with this and it'll take you where you wanna go."

Darrel: Alright. I'll just have to be sure not to appear right in the mansion. The guards wouldn't like it.

(They hugged him and shook his hand right after, basically saying their goodbyes.)

"I can see why Kendra would like you. You're good for her. But you two need to leave. You'll need to rest soon from giving her energy."

Darrel: I think she's good for me too. And I promise, if Renata's not werewolf chow, I'll deal with her myself.

(He took hold of Kendra and focused the diamond to head for the front gate of the Sasaki Mansion.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The After-Life · Next Topic »
Add Reply