Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
AHS Announcements
Staff Announcement

A Mysterious Message!
Read Yours!

Now Up to the Plate!
Read More!

A new skin has been added in honor of the season! Also, Brackenridge Manor has opened it's doors! The butler has some words of warning for you.

Cordially, Icarus
Main Storyline Information

Current Storyline Thread
Party at Brackenridge

Welcome, you are currently not logged in. Without being logged in you are limited to posting in Contact the Staff and the Advertising forum. You are welcome to read as much as you like, but when you are ready to join, go ahead and read the rules and create an account!

Create an Account!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Fun in the Sun; Dragonfae
Topic Started: May 22 2016, 10:17 PM (1,129 Views)
Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Roe grinned as he watched their son toddle around in the small area around them. It was a warm sunny day. They both had days off and it seemed like a good time for them to go on a family outing. He had been busy with Raina at the garage. New equipment was coming in and they were training on it.

Running a hand through his hair, he counted his blessings and thought of the small box in his pocket. It had been a whirlwind last 2 years. He hadn't expected any of it but there was nothing he would change.

"He's growing too fast," he told Nadia. His girlfriend had changed his life after he had been knocked unconscious and she woke him up.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DragonFae
Member Avatar
Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
[ *  *  * ]
Leaning back on her palms, her legs stretched out, Nadia lifted her face to the sun. She'd been especially busy lately with a new project her arm of the company her family owned was getting started. Now things were more solidified, she was finally getting more days off. And for once her day off had been on the same day as Roe, meaning they'd been able to take their son to the park.

Opening her eyes, Nadia watched as Garion played with Dal and Eli. When her schedule had ramped up, she tossed around the idea of hiring a nanny, but had eventually dismissed the idea. She didn't want anyone else raising her son. Instead, she'd created a creche in her building for the children of those who worked for her arm of the company. In fact, she'd been surprised they hadn't already had one. Offering free childcare was a good way to keep workers happy. The creche was open for babies and children between 3 months and 5 years, with after school care options for older children. By creating the creche, she was able to take Garion with her to work and go down to check on him whenever she wanted.

Hearing Roe's comment, Nadia pulled her thoughts back to the present and smile. "Sometimes I think he grows every time I turn around." She tipped her head so she could rest it on his shoulder.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Roe tilted his head and rested it on her head. Time together was always in the evenings and he treasured it. His hand found hers and he gripped it softly.

"I know," he said. "Him and the dragons both."

Oh yes. The dragons she brought to life were considered his children as well. All of them. When he had met Dal, Eli and seen the rest, he had been careful and nearly treated them like porcelain. Whatever Nadia said, he did. But not he was rather relaxed with everything.

"How's everything with the new project going? No hang ups yet?" He looked down at her with his green eyes. She was d the only one who called him by his first name and he loved hearing it. Drew was a normal name but he went by Roe.

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"I know. Him and the dragons both."

Nadia laughed. "Only when they use magic." The breeze played with her air. Since having Garion, she'd let it grow out a bit more, so it was nearly down to the small of her back now.

For the moment, Dal and Eli were the only dragons in their little family, but that would be changing soon. Once Garion reached a year old, she was going to bring the next dragon to life. She'd determined that waiting until after his first birthday would be the safest. Garion had his own life force, but Nadia wanted to let him grow a bit just in case the peculiarities of her powers had some affect on him.

"How's everything with the new project going? No hang ups yet?"

She blew out a long breath. "Well, it's going at the very least. Sometimes it feels like I have to bodily pick it up and throw it to make it go forward, but it's going." Even since the truth about metas had been released to the public by a group of terrorists, her family's company had been working to find a way to integrate meta into society. The main idea was to show meta being integral to solving big issues. As the bio-tech arm of the company, Nadia's division was working on organism alteration and finding ways to merge technology with biology.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He loved hearing her laugh. It was as addictive as hearing their son laugh and talk. Now he saw why Ichigo spent so much time with Phe and Ryan. The family life was calm and relaxing. Even with a rowdy child and dragons in the mix.

"That's always good to hear," he said, dropping a kiss on her head. "Raina suggested you might wanna talk to Adrianna. She said the doctor might have some information that could help. And she think she might give you the information that she's been guarding."

While she may have not told him everything, he showed great interest in whatever she was doing. It was like listening to her was his new hobby. Of course he had been asking Raina questions about what he should do for Nadia. But he also knew of the cyborg doctor who had parts of her that was integrated with technology.

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"That's always good to hear. Raina suggested you might wanna talk to Adrianna. She said the doctor might have some information that could help. And she think she might give you the information that she's been guarding."

Nadia nodded. "I think I might do that. Consulting with a number of different people and getting different view-points is never a bad idea. Especially with a big project like this." She sighed. "Right now my team is mostly focusing on trying to find something specific to actually focus on. It's all well and good to say that we'll come up with a way for metas to achieve a good image in the public eye by using meta power to solve big issues, but that's a bit amorphous when you get down to it. Might be best to create an advocacy group and work with governments to set up laws protecting metas."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I think it'll be a good idea too."

Set up something to protect metas. Before he came out it didn't bother him, but now? His family was in danger. Their son was in danger. That was enough for him to take measures to protect them.

"Yea. People dont always know how to take us. And I'd love to help come up with ways to keep our son a d any future children safe from fanatics."

He heard Garion's laughter and smiled. He was happy. He was curious to hear what she had to say. Speaking of future children hadn't really been breached until now.

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
She smiled and nodded. "Usually, you can't even tell metas from normal humans until they use their powers, which makes us even scarier to normal people. At least with different races or religions, the signs are clearly there. But when anyone around you could have deadly powers and you can't tell, it breeds panic. What this whole thing needs is a face, someone to stand up and show that metas are just average people."

She gave him a side-long look. "At least 2 years between kids. Three would be better. Don't want to have to deal with the terrible twos and a newborn at the same time."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Very true. I'm sure we can find people willing to be the face for metas. But I understand the panic. Many people felt the same about me when I was running the streets. They alwaus thought I'd steal something," he said.

He met her side long look with a smile. How had Ichigo managed to purpose? Sitting here with her and trying to find a way to ask her was nerve wracking but he was willing to find a way.

"They can be as far part as you desire. You're the one carrying them Nadia," he told her. He was happy with just being with her, their son and the dragons. He loved being a father.

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
She looked up at the sky. "It'd help if it was someone famous. Just putting any old person in front of a camera wouldn't work. At the very least, it'd need to be someone attractive. And someone with non-threatening powers. Can't use someone who can blow things up or kill someone." She let her head drop back with a groan. Just thinking of the logistics of it all gave her a headache.

She him a snarky grin. "Yes I am. And more importantly, I'm the one who has to push them out." Uncrossing her legs, she then switched them so they were crossed the other way. "I really don't get people who choose to have babies close together. Seems like just asking for trouble if you ask me."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
His brain began wracking itself. Then he had a slight light bulb moment it seemed like a good idea. Model woman. Model mother. Model artist.

"I think Raina knows a woman who is a gifted singer. If I remember correctly the woman has performed around the world at several different concerts. Now she's a dance teacher and a mother. She's a healer. She helped me when I was healing," he told her. "Think she will help you."

"Some people just want to get kids out of the way," he said glancing at her legs. "And yes. You have to push them out." He chuckled. "More reason to allow you to choose how.close together you give birth." He leaned over and kissed her.

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Her expression turned thoughtful. "I'd definitely want to speak with her. But there would be a certain amount of risk involved with being the spokesperson for metas. I would prefer to not use a parent for it, simply because things might get dangerous for the kids if fanatics focus on the spokesperson."

She chuckled and returned his kiss. "Glad you know who's calling the shots in that area. I'd hate to have to put you in the naughty corner," she said jokingly.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I think she would be fine with it. I've heard her husband is a sniper and her twin in a martial artist. Then she's got two brother in laws who are good with guns and military experience," he explained pulling the information up from what he could remember.

He gave her a smirk. "Only if you get to be in the naughty corner with me. Preferably when Garion is asleep," he teased her huskily

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
She sent him a disbelieving look. "You're making that up."

She rolled her eyes at him. "Naughty corners aren't supposed to be fun. They're where you sit and think about what you've done. You really need to learn these things before Garion gets much bigger. Don't want to be sending him to the naught corner and you going over to give him toys."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Afraid not sweetheart. Pretty sure she's been at the mansion a few times."

He chuckled at her response. It was one of the things he loved about her. Pulling her close, he enjoyed just having her in his arms.

"Nadia, I know what naughty corners are for children and I do know what happens in there for children. I've seen Raina with her own children." He kissed the side of her head. "I guess my attempt at flirting was a flop."

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Nadia's expression turned thoughtful. "Well, if she's really as amazing as you say, I definitely want to get to know her. If for no other reason than that she sounds cool."

She sent him a long look. "That's good to hear." She then shrugged. "Maybe you just need to practice more. They do say practice makes perfect." She send him a look under her lashes.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I'll get her information from Raina and get it to you."

He chuckled. He met her look. Practice did make perfect. He would.have years to practice.

"Well I plan on perfecting my flirting with you. I have a lifetime to do it," he said. "But would you like to be naughty with me in the corner."

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Nadia nodded. "Yeah, that'd be good. You can never know too many amazing people." She paused. "Unless they're dicks. Definitely can know too many of them."

She sent him a flirtatious smile. "I'll even grade you on it, so you know how you're doing." She then chocked a little on a laugh. "Time and place. Always remember the time and place." As if to reinforce that, Garion can trotting over and threw himself on them. "Mummy, daddy!" His bright voice held laughter.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I don't know if any of them are like that but I'll find out for you." He's find out whatever she wanted. But he didn't think the people were mean.

He grinned at her and before he could reply, Garion was jumping on them. He caught their son easily.

"Hey there buddy. What's up?" He asked him as he held him. Roe was smitten with his family. "Are you having fun?"

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
She nodded. "Well, if Raina knows them, there's basically no chance of them being arseholes. It's when you meet people that don't have any connection to someone you trust that you need to be careful." She paused for a moment. "Though, you also have to be careful with the ones your acquaintances introduce to you. You never know when someone might be trying to give a family member or friend a leg up."

Garion giggled and waved his arms. "Eli and Dal fly high? Daddy make me fly too!"

Nadia laughed. "I think that means he wants to play 'toss the baby'. I told you it'd turn into his new obsession."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Exactly. I try to be neutral until I see the people with my own eyes. I don't trust easily bit seeing as no one can lie to Raina, I tend to trust her judgements of people."

He laughed as he held onto Garion. "You want to fly? High.or like a airplane?"

Drew was completely alright with it being his new obsession. He loved being a father and would do everything he could for Garion. He got to his feet and picked up Garion. He was awaiting his son's answer so he kmew what to do.

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Nadia pondered for a moment, realizing that the description of the woman sounded a bit familiar. "What's the name of this woman? She sounds similar to someone I met a the mother's group Raiya runs. Which reminds me, I have to set aside some time tomorrow to bake. It's my turn to bring home-made snacks. I can't let my name be stained by bad cookies," she said in an overly dramatic voice.

Laughing, Garion clapped his tiny hands. "High high! High as the sky. Make me a dra-dra." Garion hadn't mastered the word 'dragon' yet. Nadia found his version of it super cute.

She grinned at Drew. "I think we might not be number one for him," her voice held a mock-shocked tone.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Luna I think. I don't know what her last name is," Drew relayed and chuckled. "I don't think they'd blame You too much."

"Alright. Here we go!" He did as Garion asked and launched him up into the sky as far as he allowed and caught him again. He repeated it while listening.

"Nah. Dragons are cool but you're still number one in our books."

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
She laughed. "In that case, I know her. She goes to the same mother's group as me. I'll make an appointment with her so we can have a chat about it." She wagged her finger at him. "Ignorant man. You do not know of what you speak. No man could survive the terrors of mother's group."

She rolled her eyes at him. "Really? Then why is it that he only ever wants to sleep with the dragons? He only ever wants to sleep with us if they'll be there as well.Trust me, a mother knows who is most important in her child's heart. You and I are a fa second to those two. Don't be surprised if a few years from now he runs away from home with them, just so he can have them all to himself."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Well then. That will be easy." He flashed her a grin. "I can't handle it? I survived Raina and Mel. I think I could hold me own."

Of course he wasn't sure about that. He could actually be thrown to the wolves if he wasn't careful.

"Because they are cool at the moment. He'll always need you to feed him and chase away the nightmares." He tossed Garion up again.

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
She rolled her eyes at him. "Poor man. I really have to save you from yourself before you step into a minefield you won't return from." She shook her head sadly. "Any gathering of women is dangerous territory for a man. Add in powers?" She made a whooshing sound. "I don't even want to imagine the carnage."

She sighed. "Yep, that's all I'm good for, feeding him." Shaking her head, she reached over and ruffled their son's tawny hair. "You love mummy and daddy, don't you Rion?"

Laughing happily, the toddle nodded. "Love Mummy. Love Daddy."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Hey. As long as I bring sweets and wine, I'm sure I can survive." He chuckled and grinned at her. He knew most of the moms enjoyed chocolate.

He held Garion so Nadia could ruffle his hair. He plastered a kiss to the side.of his head softly. The smell.of baby lotion filled his nose and he felt like the luckiest man alive.

"Daddy loves you and mommy a lot," he added. He leaned over and kissed Nadia again. He was still trying to find the right time to ask her.

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Sighing, Nadia shook her head. "Poor, deluded man." She then glanced at their son. "Note to self. Be careful with educating Garion to ensure foolish ideas about women don't get passed on."

Garion giggled as Drew kissed him and kicked his legs.

When Drew kissed her, Nadia smiled. Then, when they drew apart, she looked him right in the eye. "Okay, I think it's about time you tell me what's had you on pins and needles lately. I can almost see your nerves swimming in the air around you."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"You realize he'll spend time around the guys at the shop right?" The men around the shop weren't dumb when it came to women but they all had tripped a time or two. Once Garion was older Drew wanted to work on cars with him, unless he didn't show interest in it. He wouldn't force him to have the same hobbies.

Then she damn near called him out. Busted. Sighing, he shifted Garion to his hip. "You really are too sharp for your own good Nadia," he told her. It wasn't going to be the most romantic but he didn't want to put their son down. He was as much of this as both of them.

He dug in the pocket of his jacket and pulled out a small box. He flipped it open to show it to her. Nestle in silk was a small gold ring with three sapphires. It was old looking.

"Nadia Drummond, you stole my heard the day you walked into my life. You gave me two of my most important reasons to live and do my best everyday. I wanted to do this a bit more romantically but this will have to do. I wanted to know if you would be my wife, my life partner. I love you and our son with every breath I take." He couldn't stop talking, his nerves going nuts. "I know you may not like the ring but it was my mom's and I wanted you to have it until we found one you liked more."

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"And that's what I'm worried about. What men understand about women would fill a thimble. Also, he's not allowed near power tools until he's a teenager. He goes with you to the shop, he stays at least three feet away from those cars. He wants to play around with one, he does it at home with one of Dad's. That collection should be more than enough to fulfill any cravings for play with big toys." Her voice held a hint of female superiority. She didn't look down on people who worked as mechanics, just found the male seeming obsession with engines and cars somewhat puzzling and amusing. Any of their children, male or female, who followed Drew in his passion for cars, would be doomed to mild teasing from her in the future.

She sent him a proud look. "Yep. I'm a smarty-pants." The way she said it showed she thought of the term as a compliment.

The grin on her face slipped away and her eyes went wide as he pulled a ring box out of his pocket. Her expression went dazed when he opened it to reveal a ring inside. At that moment, it looked to her like the most beautiful ring she'd ever seen.

"Nadia Drummond, you stole my heard the day you walked into my life. You gave me two of my most important reasons to live and do my best everyday. I wanted to do this a bit more romantically but this will have to do. I wanted to know if you would be my wife, my life partner. I love you and our son with every breath I take. I know you may not like the ring but it was my mom's and I wanted you to have it until we found one you liked more."

Tears of joy filled her eyes as he spoke, but she fought to hold them back. She didn't want to start crying at a moment like this, even if they were tears of joy. Reaching out, she lifted the ring out of the box and slid it on her finger. She then gave a watery laugh. "Needs resizing. It's a little too big." Then she launched herself at him. Wrapping her arms around both her guys, she kissed Drew.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I never messed with power tools until the shop upgraded. Most of my toys are worked on the old fashion way and of.course he'd play with mine. I'd never let him mess with a client's. And toys are fun. Raina enjoys them just as much," he pointed out. How Raina did everything, he wouldn't know but she was always busy.

He watched the dazed expression cross her face and he felt worried for a moment before she took the ring and put it on. He caught her and kissed her deeply.

"So that's a yes." He wanted to clarify

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
She smirked at him. "See, you just admitted cars and power tools are just toys to you lot. You see a machine and you just want take it apart and see how it works." Her use of 'you lot' encompassed both sexes. The head of the engineering section of the Japanese branch of her family's company was a woman from Germany. And in fact, the company was involved in a number of exchange student programs, so Nadia had seen how more young women were entering engineering fields.

She laughed at his request for a clarification, a few tears finally spilling over. "Yes. That's definitely a yes."

Looking a bit concerned, Garion reach out to put a tiny hand on her cheek. "Don't cry mummy."

Smiling, she took his hand and pressed a kiss on the palm. "These are happy tears baby. Mummy's just so happy that I can't keep it all inside."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"But they help pay the bills," he told her.

He was over joyed that she had said yes. The tears nearly caused him to cry. He chuckled at their son. He was worried about his mother as much as Drew was. Leaning in he kissed her cheek where the tears were.

"I love you Nadia. Ad you as well Garion," he said kissing Garion's forehead. "What do you say we go get lunch to celebrate?"

He held them so close because he couldn't bare to release them.

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
She shrugged. "Don't need. I'm rich." She it flippantly. Then she looked at Garion. "Of course, being rich isn't the way for kids to grow up. They're so used to getting everything they want without working for it that they turn into entitled brats who only care about themselves. Garion's definitely growing knowing how to earn his way, so spending summers when he's a teenager working for you might do him good. If he doesn't like cars, I'll place him in one of our out-reach programs."

Garion giggled when Drew kissed him. Smiling, Nadia stroked their son's soft cheek. She nodded to Drew. "That'd be great. I was just starting to get hungry. But, I think we should just get a normal lunch, and then tonight you and I get dressed up and go to a really fancy restaurant for dinner. I can pull some strings to get us a table at Le Chez. I'll just have to call in a favor to get someone to watch Garion."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He chuckled. "You can be rich but I still have things I need to pay for. And working woulddo him good. I'm sure there's places he can work at during the summer to help him."

"We can do that. I'm sure Raina wouldn't mind watching him. Will it be for dinner or all night?"

He was wanting to know how to play the evening. Whatever she wanted to do, he'd do it.

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
She raised an eyebrow. "Have I ever once suggested I use my money to pay your bills? You want toys and things, pay for it yourself. My money goes on important things, like curing diseases and setting up animal reserves to save critically endangered ecosystems." She was joking. Money had never been a sore point for them.

She narrowed her eyes thoughtfully. "How about we make it all night. The company keeps a running booking on the presidential suit of one or two hotels for visiting VIPs. We aren't visiting, but we're definitely VIPs."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"No but even of you did, I would have to decline," he told her. "You're stuff is much more important."

He grinned. Spending all night with her celebrating their engagement. It was like a dream come true. He was all smiles and knew their son would be in good hands.

"And we have something very special to celebrate," he said. "Let's pick something up for lunch. I'm sure we all need fed. Let's go to Garion's favorite place."

He escorted his fiance back to their car as he held their son.

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
She nodded firmly. "That's right. Though, I'll be the one paying for our kids to go to university. I want them to be able to go to whatever university they want, and to not have to worry about any student loans when they graduate. Oh, and while they're in high school, I think they should go on an exchange program, if we find one to somewhere we like. If not, we should send them to live with my parents for a year so they can experience school in Australia." She'd obviously put some thought into it. If it wasn't for the fact that she wanted Garion and any future children to be free to pick whatever career they wanted, she likely would have already made plans for their futures beyond university as well.

Grinning, Nadia turned to Garion. "Wanna go to Coco's, Rion?"

Garion cheered. "Coco Coco!"

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She had everything planed out for their children up to at least university. Him? He was just looking forward to planning the most recent birthday or family vacation.

"I'm glad you have this all planned out. I've not thought that far into the future, " he said honestly.

He chuckled. "Cocos it is."

He tucked Garion into the car seat and fastened him in. He gave him a toy and waited for the dragons to get into the car before turning to see is Nadia was already in the car. If not he was going to get her door for her.

Once the family was bucked in and ready to go, Drew started the car and of they went to Cocos.

DragonFae
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Nadia smiled. "And that's why I'm in charge of paying for their education. I'm sneakier than you and know how to get what I want."

While Drew buckled Garion into his car seat, Nadia climbed into the car and pulled out her phone. A few calls later, she had the evening set up to her satisfaction. Times like this were when she liked having a powerful family. Mostly she found it more trouble than it was worth.

Even though she trusted Drew have done it right, she couldn't stop herself from glancing over her should to double check her three little ones were settled. Seeing Garion happy in his car playing with a toy and the two dragons laying on the top of the backseat watching out the rear window, she smiled.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Shinjuku Park · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: