Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
AHS Announcements
Staff Announcement

A Mysterious Message!
Read Yours!

Now Up to the Plate!
Read More!

A new skin has been added in honor of the season! Also, Brackenridge Manor has opened it's doors! The butler has some words of warning for you.

Cordially, Icarus
Main Storyline Information

Current Storyline Thread
Party at Brackenridge

Welcome, you are currently not logged in. Without being logged in you are limited to posting in Contact the Staff and the Advertising forum. You are welcome to read as much as you like, but when you are ready to join, go ahead and read the rules and create an account!

Create an Account!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Still friends?; DP
Topic Started: Aug 15 2016, 06:26 PM (260 Views)
Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Leena was always wondering around the den and the surrounding areas when she wasn't playing with the kids. Today was one of them. Elena had taken the kids and her mates into town for awhile. Leena was left to her own devices for the day.

She had padded off from the den. At 13, she was nearly everywhere. Her light brown hair curled down her back,the pigtails were a distant memory it seemed, and her ber eyes were bright. On this sunny day, her shoes were left at the edge of the yard. They were forgotten and the only clue that she wasn't in the house.

In fact Leena was settled in the meadow by the river. She was singing a soft song as she made a flower crown. It wasn't something she did a lot but she enjoyed making things. She always did. Even when she was smaller and under her father's thumb.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

Vy lived at the edge of the Den, as much as they where accepting of him, he had his reasons to keep his distance from the rest of the pact, it didn't really bother him, he grew up a slave so keeping to himself felt right more often than not, he was not like them... Specially he was not like the sisters...

A soft singing filled his senses, he looked around but saw no one, curiosity got the better of him as memories that he had worked hard to bury began to slowly surface. He walked softly closer to the music the voice behind the song seem familiar.

"Nice singing" Vy said as he saw the source of the singing.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
The words jolted her from her reverie. Turning around, she looked at Vy. She barely remembered him as Eddie. Those memories were sometimes too painful for her. Her eyes widened a fraction as she stared at him.

"Thanks," she said and gave him a small smile. "Aunt Elena taught me the song. She sings it to the kids."

She was unsure what else to say. In this instant she was a tad shy. It was unusual but at the same time she was growing into a young woman.

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

There was no sense of recognition in his eyes, she was a stranger in his eyes, he had buried many of his memories, even as her voice seem to echo from the past.

"Thanks,"

"Your welcome" he smiled as his tail twitched, one of his many oddities, she explained from where did the song come from, but it was not the song that caught his attention, it was the haunting familiarity to the woman in his past.

"Aunt Elena taught me the song. She sings it to the kids."

"Nice of her" he felt awkward around her, something about her caused him to want to flee, "I'm Vy, you?"

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
She had seen his oddities a lot but never took stock in them. He was who he was. And it didn't seem any different from Elena's green hair and silver eyes.

"She took me under her wing while she was still pregnant with her girls and Aunt Shaleen took me from home."

He introduced himself and she nodded. Despite them actually never meeting, she knew his name.

"I'm Leena. Nice to meet you. Do you wanna make flower necklaces with me?"

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

"She took me under her wing while she was still pregnant with her girls and Aunt Shaleen took me from home."

It took him a moment to mentally picture the face attached to the names, he didn't interact often enough to know all of them by heart, Nyx seem to keep stepping on his heals every time he left his guard down, but other than that most of the pack was unknown to him, other than short introductions here and there. "Shaleen is a special woman... She has a good heart"

"I'm Leena. Nice to meet you. Do you wanna make flower necklaces with me?"

"Nice to meet you Leena..." the name seem familiar almost as if he had heard it echo from hallways in his past. He looked at her creation, the claws at the ends of his fingers always made some of the finer arts troublesome, "I've never made some, but I can learn." he stated.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Leena's face twisted for a moment as she remembered the kidnapping and everything that happened either way. But it smoothed back out into a smile.

"Shaleen is pretty nice."

And he agreed to learn! Leena was excited to teach someone. It was the first for her.

"Great! Come and sit! What colors do you like best?"

They were in the field of several colored flowers.

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

"Shaleen is pretty nice."

He nodded in agreement, but beyond that he had little to add to the conversation, so he played it safe and didn't say anything else about people in the pact, he knew little and the few people he knew things about they would prefer if he kept them a secret.

"Great! Come and sit! What colors do you like best?"

He looked around, he honestly could not think of a color that he liked 'best', he ran his hand through his hair, "Not sure" his tail twitched, "Yellow?"

He bit his lip as he tried to think of something anything to say sure he could stay quiet and just make flower bracelets, but that would take him nowhere "You remind me of someone..."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"Yellow is a pretty color. Very vibrant."

Leena began looking for flowers Tha had the best stems. As she worked, she counted until she had ten of them. Setting them to the side, she looked for purple ones.

"Someone you know?" She stalled for a second before picking the flower. "Who do I remind you of?"

She looked up at him from her spot on the ground.

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

"Yellow is a pretty color. Very vibrant."

"Thanks..." he smiled, "I was not sure what color to pick to be honest, yellow reminds me of good things"

Leena moved out in the hunt for flowers, he kept an eye on what she was doing and started to look for yellow ones while asking if his choices where the good or if he needed to pick something different.

"Someone you know? Who do I remind you of?"

He took a moment to try to figure out how he would answer her question, honestly he didn't expect her to ask him about that, yet at the same time what did he expect? "When I was maybe a couple of years younger than you, I knew this family their mom was very nice to me, she taught me many things," he closed his eyes as he vaguely remembered her, "She was pretty, an angel with hair so blond it shimmered in the light"

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"Then that's a color you should chose. You always want things that make you happy."

Leena showed him what ones to make. Some weren't good and others were good. She had done the same things when she first learned.

"She sounds very nice. Do you go see her still?"

It wasn't that she wasn't trying to let the memories hurt but he had been older then her when everything went south. It was told to her that she looked like her mother. Leena's hair was darker though.

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

"Then that's a color you should chose. You always want things that make you happy."

"That is good to know" he smiled, "I'll keep that in mind." he felt a little silly having to learn these things, he felt like he should know these things that this was something that should have been naturally learned when he was a lot younger.

"She sounds very nice. Do you go see her still?"

He learned as much as he could and fiddled with the flowers trying his best to do a good job, as she asked him if she got to see her, "In my dreams, I get to see her in my dreams..." he told her with sadness in his voice, he took a deep breath as he looked at the flowers in his hands, letting out a sigh.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Leena patiently explained how to weave the flower together as she made yet another one. It was easy and she had no problem repeating steps or helping. She felt herself deflate a little more.

"I do that. I never really knew mom but Gemma has shown me pictures and gave me some information about her. I like to dream about her. What she'd be like or what it'd be like if she was still around."

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

He continued to fallow the instructions, learning little by little everything he could, it would take him a long time to get as good as Leena, but he was managing to make something, which was more than he could say about anything other than cooking, he spent to much time learning how to destroy and fight.

"I do that. I never really knew mom but Gemma has shown me pictures and gave me some information about her. I like to dream about her. What she'd be like or what it'd be like if she was still around."

"Holding on to your dreams... That's honorable." he smiled, yet felt a tinge of guilt it was his fault that they where talking about such a painful subject. "I'm sorry. is there anything else you want to talk about... This is a bit of a painful subject... if you don't mind"

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Leena looked at him with a nod. "Yes! Of course!"

But what did they have to talk about? She didn't know for certain but she could always find something.

"When is your birthday? Does Elena know? She likes making people their favorites on that day. She made French toast for my birthday and then brownies for desert. Do you like her food?"

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

"Yes! Of course!"

He was glad that she understood, not a lot of people where willing to understand or give way for other people feelings. He nodded softly, "Thanks...

"When is your birthday? Does Elena know? She likes making people their favorites on that day. She made French toast for my birthday and then brownies for desert. Do you like her food?"

"I don't know when is my birthday... Never had one, as for food I love food, i find cooking relaxing" he smiled, somehow he managed to stumble to another interestingly difficult subject, most people found birthdays an important part of their youth... Most of his life was spend as a slave and those in the limited freedom of Carmine where not exactly better .

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"That's not right. How about you chose a day and that will be your birthday? Elena knows a girl that didn't know her birthday. She got to pick hers. Elena makes a cake for her every year."

Leena finished her crown and stood. With a giggle she dropped it on his head. Her energy and happiness was overflowing.

"Do you ever cook with Elena? She feels the same way. Oh! She might let you cook at her bakery. She needs helps since she had the pups."

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

"That's not right. How about you chose a day and that will be your birthday? Elena knows a girl that didn't know her birthday. She got to pick hers. Elena makes a cake for her every year."

"Maybe one day" he said softly, it sounded like a good idea, but not one that he wanted to rush into, most people threat their birthdays as a very special part of their life, so if he had to pick a day he needed to choose one that would be memorable.

She dropped her finished crown on his head, he smiled softly as he said thanks, yet he was starting to feel a little uncomfortable Leena was as Nyx would call it sickly sweet, which caused Vy to be on his edge due to the simple fact that more often than not people have used him.

"Do you ever cook with Elena? She feels the same way. Oh! She might let you cook at her bakery. She needs helps since she had the pups."

"I..." he bit his lip, "Honestly... I don't spend to much time with the rest of the pack..." he took a deep breath... "Leena... I'm a freak... Even among out kind... Your pack... Tolerates my existence... anywhere else... I would have been put down on the spot..." he needed to get that out of his chest... He didn't want her to be misguided, he was a flaw, a glitch in the system, if it was not for the fact that he didn't loose himself, he would have probably been killed a long time ago.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Yes. Leena could be and normally was sickly sweet. However she had been so sheltered and protected that she wasn't sure how to react to most things and was often more childlike then her age.

Leena looked at him and was quiet. Her face smoothed into a serious one that gave hints of what she'd look like when she got older and grew into more of a woman.

"Vy, you're not a freak. You're as special as the next person. And while some may tolerate, others accept you for who you are," she said. "In a way we're all freaks, however, at the end of the day we all bleed red. How we look, act, or have, shouldn't separate us."

She stretched her legs out in front of her and wiggled her toes. Being able to do it was great. She had been locked away in the apartment that she loved the outdoors.

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

It was clear that he hit a sore spot, as Leena's demeanor changed taking a more mature tone, Vy's tail twitched and coiled itself around his own leg as she spoke, in a way he felt ashamed that someone much younger than him was giving him lessons in acceptance, but he found it difficult to fight the hard lessons he had learned anywhere else, he would be in a coffin by now... If they gave him at less that much dignity.

"Vy, you're not a freak. You're as special as the next person. And while some may tolerate, others accept you for who you are," she said. "In a way we're all freaks, however, at the end of the day we all bleed red. How we look, act, or have, shouldn't separate us."

"Sorry..." he said softly, "Sometimes I forget how different this pack is..." he was still to scared to get attached or to close, it was this why he had requested permission to make his own pack, but he would do that slowly, he did not want to harm others, nor he intended to steal from the local packs, but he needed to find himself before he could guide anyone.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"Don't be sorry. You can't learn unless someone tells you something," she said with a shrug. "This pack is unusual as Gail puts it. But I think she's the only one who grew up in a fairly normal pack. Besides the twins. I think."

She scrunched her face up to think. To be honest she didn't know a lot of the pack. She just stuck around her mates, Elena, and the kids. She didn't want to burden the rest of the pack for the most part because Shaleen had decided she and Gemma needed to be wolves.

"I still don't know everyone in the pack."

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

"Don't be sorry. You can't learn unless someone tells you something,"

"True, but that does not change how I feel." he let out a sigh, "Its difficult to change something that's been a part of me for pretty much all my life, this pack does give me hope of a better life"

"This pack is unusual as Gail puts it. But I think she's the only one who grew up in a fairly normal pack. Besides the twins. I think."

He shrugged, "I honestly don't know most packs ran me off..." he only say small bits and pieces of other packs over the years, till the fateful full moon would show them all his condition.

"I still don't know everyone in the pack."

"I think there is someone new every time I go back to visit so I don't know everyone, but I'm sure I've met a few people, Nyx is interesting... and Ken is always fun, Shaleen is a mother to everyone, but beyond that I don't know many others."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
She nodded. "I know how that goes. I was always getting reprimanded before coming here. It was hard to learn how to be free without being yelled at. Papa kept us in an apartment and Gemma had to raise me...i wasn't allowed to have anymore friends," she said remembering the wolf who had been their first guard and how she had befriended him, only to watch something bad happen to him.

Leena flinched when she realized she had plucked a few petals off. The sickly sweet persona had drifted to the side to reveal the young woman inside that had been sired by a horrible man.

But she smiked as he said he met a few of the others.

"Nyx is interesting. Elena says he's a butt head. She tolerates him. I'm not sure I've met Ken. Isn't he Bella's mate? Shaleen was the one who kidnapped Gemma and me from our father."

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

"I know how that goes. I was always getting reprimanded before coming here. It was hard to learn how to be free without being yelled at. Papa kept us in an apartment and Gemma had to raise me...i wasn't allowed to have anymore friends,”

Vy felt bad both for her and her father, he knew that there was more to the story in a way they where trapped. Her father was strict, but it was because of him that he was still alive, that he made it as far as he did.

"Nyx is interesting. Elena says he's a butt head. She tolerates him. I'm not sure I've met Ken. Isn't he Bella's mate? Shaleen was the one who kidnapped Gemma and me from our father."

“I think your are right, Ken is Bella’s mate” he said with a small tinge of jealousy, everyone in the pack seem to have someone, whenever it was family a mate or the rest of the pack, in many ways he was still alone, heck even Nyx was rumored to have friends outside the pack.

“I know he might not have been perfect, but don’t be to hard on your dad,” he didn’t want to tell her, the things he knew… Yet he felt like he was doing a disservice to his old master if he just allowed his daughter to hate him for no reason. “He gave you a place to live, kept you safe, he could have done better, but… Look at you big, strong,” he swallowed his words looked at his empty wrist as if he was looking at a watch, “Well look at the time…”

He turned around, letting out a sigh it was painful to see them again, yet not being able to tell them who he was, who he is, for all they knew he was just the slave boy who helped around the house… a slave boy who is dead… No need for him to bring up old painful memories, specially if her memories where of an apartment, that meant her memories of the old manor where vague and probably maybe even non existent.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"I kmow. I don't want to be hard on him. I just want him to love us more and leave wolves alone. I want to do daddy daughter things with him and go back to our house. Not the place that he kept Gemma and me but the house mommy was at. I don't want anyone else to be hurt."

Leena had fuzzy memories of the mansion because of being scared when her friend had been killed before her eyes. She had been broken for a bit but had bounced back as a child.

"Do you have to go so soon?" She looked sad to see him. "Can we be friends? I don't have many. "

Leena had the pack but she wanted friends who she could search out every so often and talk to.

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

"I know. I don't want to be hard on him. I just want him to love us more and leave wolves alone. I want to do daddy daughter things with him and go back to our house. Not the place that he kept Gemma and me but the house mommy was at. I don't want anyone else to be hurt."

In a way he felt like he was playing devils advocate, he knew about the good his father could do, and he knew some of the cruelties he was capable off, yet he always seem able to straddle the line, but it is hard to maintain that moral high ground when the rules are set in stone and in many ways he broke them.

"Do you have to go so soon?"

He stopped, her words binding him on the spot, "Not really..." he said trying to keep the pain out of his voice, he took a deep breath, turning around and forcing a smile.

"Can we be friends? I don't have many. "

"If you wish" he answered, "I don't have many either" he walked toward the girl that he once served, it was still a odd feeling to be treated as an equal, even though it was never her fault, he took off the goggles that covered his right eye and let them hang on his neck, he smiled his brown eye seem to shimmer with innocence, his right eye amber and wild like the wolf inside of him, faded scars surrounded his right eye damage form the past.

"Sorry if i'm being weird... Like i said not used to people being nice to me"

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"You really don't have to stay if you don't want to."

She noticed his hesitancy. If he was staying out of pity then she felt bad. Being friends wasn't supposed to be forced. Then he said they could be friends but he revealed his eyes. She stared in a child's innocent way.

"The wound around your eye. It looks like it was painful at one point. Want me to try to heal it? I don't know know if I can but I would hate for you to be in pain."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Wolves' Den · Next Topic »
Add Reply