Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
AHS Announcements
Staff Announcement

A Mysterious Message!
Read Yours!

Now Up to the Plate!
Read More!

A new skin has been added in honor of the season! Also, Brackenridge Manor has opened it's doors! The butler has some words of warning for you.

Cordially, Icarus
Main Storyline Information

Current Storyline Thread
Party at Brackenridge

Welcome, you are currently not logged in. Without being logged in you are limited to posting in Contact the Staff and the Advertising forum. You are welcome to read as much as you like, but when you are ready to join, go ahead and read the rules and create an account!

Create an Account!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
We need a Hero... [Open]
Topic Started: Oct 8 2016, 09:08 PM (509 Views)
Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

I was made to be a weapon... That didn't work all that well, my flaws are my strength, they are the reason I was able to see beyond my training, beyond the programing.

I tried to be a kid... Again that didn't work all that well, my nature was never meant to be that of a man, my shape might be, but not my nature I was meant to be a tool, one that was pointed in one direction and gave results.

So now... I've been wandering trying to find a life...

Xerox sat in the outside table of the diner enjoying his meal. Today was hopefully a quiet day. He had taken a habit of enjoying the afternoons the park snacking on a small meal while working on his homework.

The minutes ticked as others came to the park to enjoy the nice evening. Xerox rolled his eyes as he saw young couples making there way to some of the least crowded areas.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
Everyone's Favorite Badass...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(On an ordinary afternoon like this, certain background noises will always occur. For instance, there will always been the sounds of grass being moved around, of leaves rustling, of the wind pushing all of these and branches too around. There will be the sound of people in the park, doing park things. He might not notice, in fact, that he was first zeroed in on from across the area, then approached. The reason the latter was unlikely was due to the fact that said person walked precisely towards him with a nearby tree directly in the line of sight. As Xerox was working on his work, though, there was a sound from higher up, like something quickly jumping into the nearest tree, followed by...)

"Now, what's this? Paperwork? Why would a being like you waste time on something like that?"

(A female voice, a somewhat curious-if-disdaining voice. The owner of said voice was a bit obscured by the shade of being in the tree as she was, but it was clear that she could somehow discern that Xerox was abnormal. And the reason for that? A pair of red eyes suddenly lit up, showing that the newcomer was equally abnormal, if not moreso. If Xerox looked more carefully, though, he'd see what appeared to be a teenaged girl with black hair up there, wearing a loose t-shirt and knee-long pants. She appeared to be smiling, but it was rather unnerving with the eyes like that.)

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

In his attempt to fit in with the rest of the world Xerox had done everything in his power to temper his instincts, fight his training, which told him that he was a sitting duck, no real escape route and exposed in every direction, inside the diner would be safer, with many objects he could weaponize. Yet he had learned to enjoy the smells and the feelings of the outside, enjoy the blissful ignorance of the teens who went through their lives half-hazardly.

So when this other being approached him, he was not paying attention, he was not looking for danger or taking his instincts into consideration. His heart skipped a beat as the female began to speak, was she sent to return him to his... Owners or to terminate him... Either way she knew that he was not just a kid and that worried him.

"Now, what's this? Paperwork? Why would a being like you waste time on something like that?"

He tried to determine who was talking to him, he looked up the female took advantage of her position and the shade aided in keeping her identity secret, but his biggest concern was if there where others, he smiled as he looked up, "Well... Honestly..." His confidence had been shot, stabbed and trampled in the last few years, "I'm obsolete" His brother was more advance that he would every be, Pravus had made many other enhanced metas since his creation which are better suited to do their bidding. His smile faded as his silver eyes locked into the darkness vaguely making the shape of a girl, he tried to tap into the radio waves just incase there where others planning communicating, maybe even giving her instructions.

"And you why waste time on a obsolete toy?" he asked referring to himself, he wanted to know if his seconds where counted or if he had just gotten that sloppy.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Well... Honestly... I'm obsolete."

(This caused the girl to tilt her head, whether by curiosity, disappointment, or something else...one cannot say. By what manner was he calling himself obsolete? Did he have some sort of measure on that statement? He appeared to have emanations that would make him out to be superhuman in some way, a human plus. Why would that be obsolute? Still, as Xerox focused, he would find that she was transmitting to no one, nor receiving, but her body was a'buzz with a great deal of activity, active communication on a frequency he would not have encountered before now. Low gain, high speed, complex - this could not be a human being.)

"And you, why waste time on a obsolete toy?"

(The figure smirked more deeply than the previous smile.)

"Because I can."

(She jumped down, eyes fading to a normal appearance. They had not been normal eyes a moment ago. They had changed. She was looking more at the work he was doing with a certain disdain now.)

"But to be working this low-grade human education... I suppose they have to walk before they can stride, but what's your excuse?"

(Her head suddenly turned to put a scrutinizing glare upon him.)

"Shouldn't you be working on higher levels, if you're supposedly obsolete? Old and outdated hardware should be upgraded, the parts made better. Humans and machines alike are too slow in development. Those with an edge on both should move faster."

(This one... She is rather pushy, and apparently she did not approve of his ummm...retirement? Whatever she was, she must have a real problem with the current state of things in the world. That could be a problem. You know what people who want to change everything do. They try to.)
Edited by Lord Massacre, Oct 10 2016, 10:08 PM.

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

His words seems to ring in a way that from his angle she did not expect, if she was hopping to find some proud and cunning tool of destruction, he could probably point in the direction of his brother and his growing harem. He let out a sigh of relief as he did not pick up any other radio signals other than that blasted country one that somehow seem to be everywhere. He could tell there was more to her, the way energy seem to project itself from her body it was not in the visible spectrum, but he could sense that there was more.

"Because I can."

One word, confident. She was not here to mince words as she jumped down her eyes took a more normal appearance his own lazy silver eyes trying to learn more about the young woman before him, one thing he could say with some level of sureness was that she did not like the fact that he was doing homework.

"But to be working this low-grade human education... I suppose they have to walk before they can stride, but what's your excuse?"

"Boredom" He answered. "I have to at less pretend I fit in... If not what else is there for me..." he added, he tried to keep fighting, it did not work out, and his last year of pretending to be normal at less compared to the average meta was not working all that well.

"Shouldn't you be working on higher levels, if you're supposedly obsolete? Old and outdated hardware should be upgraded, the parts made better. Humans and machines alike are too slow in development. Those with an edge on both should move faster."

"Then what should I be doing then..." he clenched his jaw, sparks of electricity dancing on his eyes. "I've spend the last few years trying to find an answer... So please enlighten me..." He had take to heart the fact that he was generations older than his brother, just put in cold storage until they needed a new test dummy. He was still stuck in that the only way he was useful was as a tool for others... Yes he was slowly learning, slowly becoming his own person, but there was a lot of training he needed to supersede.

He let out a defeated sigh as he pinched the bridge of his nose, "I'm angry at myself... Project Epsilon, great potential in paper, a dud in practice..." his creators had broken his spirit, knowing full well of his potential to surpass their expectation, with no fight in him there was no real danger.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Boredom"

(That drew an immediate deadpan Flat What look from her.)

"I have to at less pretend I fit in... If not what else is there for me..."

(It was clear that his rather passive way of doing things did not meet with her approval. From her perspective, it was a waste of time. Granted, it was his time to waste, but it seemed as though there was some sort of driven point to all of this that she was simply not saying. She wasn't trying to be helpful, more like critical. She had a low opinion of human beings, yet an interest in something that was better than human, which probably meant it was a conundrum to be finding one being less than what he was. His more frustrated responses, however, seemed to intrigue her. It was still a defeatist attitude, but it was somehow more honest with the problem, in that it was wrong to be handling things this way.)

"For starters, ditch this outdated notion that you need to fool human beings that much. People see what they want to see. Despite what the movies tell you, they do not care if a child is reading Quantum Mechanics. It's strange, but who cares when everything truly unique about you is internalized? You're not a transparent petri dish, so stop caring. Doing their busywork is a zero sum practice. If you're going to learn something, focus on all things related to whatever abilities you've been granted. There exists a point in one's own development where it doesn't matter what people think."

(That was the source of this confident stroke in her demeanor. Her pattern of thought approached things at an angle differing from human standards, ergo she did not apply them to her daily life, and found them wanting in any case.)

"So, what IS Project Epsilon?"

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

It was clear that she didn't approve of his methods of keeping himself out of trouble, or the fact that that he seems to be wasting his potential. Not that it was going to change his mind any time soon, but he gave her the chance to give him her point of view.

"Maybe I haven't reached that point..." Maybe two years ago these words would have sank down easily, but back then where was not much of a personality, just a machine of cause and effect. Though deep inside he did agree that all he had been doing lately was waste his time and that was starting to drive him all sort of crazy.

"So, what IS Project Epsilon?"

He didn't really think about it before providing a response to the question, "It's a weapons programs" he picked his words carefully, " I'm the fifth generation in a long line experiments in order to create a living weapon" he closed his eyes, even though they had given up on creating from scratch, they have continued to enhance other metas. "They though if it can pass for human then it can pass undetected" a directive he subconsciously continued to fallow in his attempt to blend with the rest.

"Honestly, for all intent and purpose I'm project Epsilon, they started and ended at one" then they popsicle him because the technology at the time was not enough to stabilized his genes from their constant flux. "Those that answer your question?"

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Yes, she knew he was the weapon. It was as plain as the energy emissions that she was capable of detecting when her eyes were configured to the right spectrum. What she wanted was information on what Project Epsilon does, but he didn't exactly give that a proper answer.)

"Does that answer your question?"

(She shrugged.)

"Yes and no. I've been determining the current technology level of the human race for my own needs. You caught my eye because you were obviously the product of some sort of laboratory, either augmented or born in said lab."

(Now, she turned and indicated some of the random passerbys in the park.)

"Unfortunately, I don't think they had it in them overall to create what I am use to. Not yet."

(Her gaze went back to him again.)

"You are Epsilon, designed for infiltration and execution, I assume. I am Nemesis, designed for war."

(She let that sink in, then put on a wry smirk.)

Nemesis: I'm aware that I hardly look intimidating right now. You can call me Nemy, if you like. I'm currently working on repairs.

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

She didn't like his answer and honestly what could he do about it, there was a fair amount of things they had done to prevent information from leaking out and one of them being keeping a tool like him from knowing to much.

"Yes and no. I've been determining the current technology level of the human race for my own needs. You caught my eye because you were obviously the product of some sort of laboratory, either augmented or born in said lab."

"For the most part there to greedy and scared to get much done when it comes to technology" He stated, " There more worried about their end goals..." He looked back down to his homework, simple math even for high schoolers. He let out a sigh since the cat was out of the bag and he scribbled the answers and closed his notebook.

"Unfortunately, I don't think they had it in them overall to create what I am use to. Not yet."

His cold silver eyes doing their best to stay in the conversation, why did it feel like every time he was about to escape, he was drug back into this life...

"You are Epsilon, designed for infiltration and execution, I assume. I am Nemesis, designed for war."

He chuckled as he stifled a laugh. "It would be my luck to cross path with someone like you..." She was not wrong, compared to some of the other creations of Pravus he was the most normal looking of them all, he was meant to infiltrate and get the job done.

"I'm aware that I hardly look intimidating right now. You can call me Nemy, if you like. I'm currently working on repairs."

"I know better than to allow appearances to... get the better of me... As for repairs... What are you repairing?" Curiosity may have killed the cat, but someone who called themselves a weapon of war, there not going around repairing sowing machines.

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(It was actually kind of sad, hearing that the work and potential of his being was essentially stifled by Executive Meddling. Humans just weren't bold enough to go the distance, not even for something that was already so illegal that they could be put to death as punishment. What was that quaint old phrase? 'In for a penny, in for a pound'? Yes, that was it. It was well and truly tragic that Epsilon's creators were scared rabbits. Indeed, even the normal humans of her time and place would never have conceived of something like her. Only those with the will and abandon to reach new heights shall achieve thus.)

Nemy: Behold, my creators! Despite all odds, your creation lives!

(That moment in thought had removed the smirk from her face, but it regained a little traction as he mentioned his so-called luck or misfortune. Yes, well, at least in this case...she wasn't here to do anything terrible to him.)

"I know better than to allow appearances to... get the better of me... As for repairs... What are you repairing?"

(At this, Nemy looked off to the side, to be sure the nearest source of human activity wasn't, in any way, going to hear. Her voice went softer, and perhaps a bit more adult in tone.)

Nemy: What I'm repairing? It's quite alot, actually. I wouldn't mind the loss in body mass, but I have software damage as well.

(Her eyes met his again.)

Nemy: I think you know that it's difficult, at best, for a computer to repair its own system with its programming out of order. You get a load of error messages because there are bad sectors, areas of fragmented data, and so forth.

(She gestured to herself now.)

Nemy: This body is essentially the core unit to a much larger machine, a self-perpetuating device, the likes of which would probably make your creators evacuate themselves to death.

(Her eyes had taken on bit of a glow just then again. Then, crossing her arms, she said...)

Nemy: No offense to you, mind. I feel bad that you were put in the position that you were. My creators, every last one of them, were genetically engineered. In seeking the full potential of their advancement, they built me. They didn't waver, they didn't pause...

(And then, her mood promptly dropped like a stone as she dropped her gaze.)

Nemy: And I'll never see them again.
Edited by Lord Massacre, Jan 26 2017, 02:03 PM.

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

Her smirk faded, he didn’t know if it what was what he said or some other stray thought, but he felt oddly calm now that he had a semblance of what she was capable of, in short he knew if she wanted to harm him, she would have probably erased him from the history books by now. He didn’t feel like she had any intention of getting rid of him at less not while he didn’t do anything to pose harm to her, which he was not stupid enough to even think about.

Nemy: What I'm repairing? It's quite alot, actually. I wouldn't mind the loss in body mass, but I have software damage as well.

Her situation almost reminded him of that boy he crossed path with once… What was his name again? He tried to dig out the memory but nothing came to mind, it just made him gland that his existence was an organic one, he rather lose part of his memory and not know it, than live knowing that you are something much greater. That and if his healing abilities where not up to par he was most likely to expire than to live an incomplete existence.

Nemy: I think you know that it's difficult, at best, for a computer to repair its own system with its programming out of order. You get a load of error messages because there are bad sectors, areas of fragmented data, and so forth.

He nodded, his mind wondering what steps had she taken, her current body seem more than capable, but a tool of war… He could not even imagine the scale and power, conflict in general required great effort from the parties, and war could scale to magnitudes men could not and cannot fathom at times.

Nemy: This body is essentially the core unit to a much larger machine, a self-perpetuating device, the likes of which would probably make your creators evacuate themselves to death.

“I think I understand.” In his mind he saw her as a very powerful CPU, people think of computers, but the most important part is that one tiny chip. She was the ‘tiny’ chip of a much larger and powerful weapon, he didn’t know who made her, but in many ways he was not completely surprised that they would take a humanoid form… After all he could have had any form they wished, but they chose a human form.

Nemy: No offense to you, mind. I feel bad that you were put in the position that you were. My creators, every last one of them, were genetically engineered. In seeking the full potential of their advancement, they built me. They didn't waver, they didn't pause... And I'll never see them again

He shrugged, life sucked but he could continue with his life, just cause his creators failed him in a way did not mean he was tied to their wishes, he just needed to find his own path, be it one similar to the one his creators intended or a completely new one, “Well,” he let out a sigh, “I can continue to live in their shadow, or…” he stopped… Now he understood why she was upset with him, he had a choice, and he was wasting it trying to be ordinary… Human...

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“Well, I can continue to live in their shadow, or…”

Nemy: Upgrade your lifestyle.

(Her eyes had changed back to normal and her voice was mostly normal, as well. However, her tone was curt, business-like.)

Nemy: Let me be blunt. I was created by advanced human beings, but not of this time or this place. The people of this Earth are not nearly good enough for my needs. And even though I found an organization of the same name as my own, they are not the same people, maybe only beginning down a path that may lead them many years to what I'm use to.

(That is to say, she had located a group on Earth known as the Black Talon - the same name and insignia as the group that created her - but they were an organization making use of a Tabula Rasa kind of project in order to get what they want. It reminded her of a form of soldier known as a Sleeper Agent, but their top agent couldn't beat down a steel door, bare-fisted. Perform just about any sort of espionage you could think of and pass as any sort of employee in the world, but that was less about advancement and more about versatility.)

Nemy: As advanced beings, we can accelerate development and progress faster, use what we know and what we can do to bring the world to a level I can use, to where they can comprehend me enough to repair the Nemesis. I need the Black Talon, or else it will take many long years to undo the damage. Engineered beings like yourself remind me of them the most. That's why I singled you out. If I help you deal with your current problems, would you help me in mine?

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

Nemy: Upgrade your lifestyle.

“Interesting choice of words…” Xerox commented, but she was right, he needed to stop chaining himself to the past or limiting himself to the so called normal humans. He was just so used to the structure of his quasi-military lifestyle that the chaos of the real world was difficult to process at times.

Nemy: Let me be blunt. I was created by advanced human beings, but not of this time or this place. The people of this Earth are not nearly good enough for my needs. And even though I found an organization of the same name as my own, they are not the same people, maybe only beginning down a path that may lead them many years to what I'm use to.

He nodded in understanding, he understood enough to have a rough idea of what she meant if counterparts of her creators existed then they either where still quite primitive in technology, and who is to say they would walk the same path her creators did.

Nemy: As advanced beings, we can accelerate development and progress faster, use what we know and what we can do to bring the world to a level I can use, to where they can comprehend me enough to repair the Nemesis. I need the Black Talon, or else it will take many long years to undo the damage. Engineered beings like yourself remind me of them the most. That's why I singled you out. If I help you deal with your current problems, would you help me in mine?

A small part of him wondered if fully knew what he was walking into, she was after all a weapon of war, what would she do with all that power once she was fixed. He smiled and nodded, “I’ll help you. If anything I’ll get me out of this rut and give me a goal to push forward.”

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“I’ll help you. If anything I’ll get me out of this rut and give me a goal to push forward.”

Nemy: It's still a long road, but it definitely won't be boring.

(She had a list of things on her mind, quite a long list, that would be required to get things started. This would certainly be alot better than endless years, toiling away in trial-and-error with her nanites slowly growing in strength and numbers. What she had noted was that these meta-human beings tended to need help with something, something that she could render assistance to in order to get something in return. In effect, the Black Talon was meta in nature, so to aid them was to aid herself, in the long run. With Xerox on board, she would begin by trampling his problems into fine particles so that he was free to help with her recovery.)

Nemy: The first steps are the easiest that I can think of at the moment. You know your organization best. Even though they are afraid of you, they created you, and so they have significent abilities. Tell me about them, and if you think they'll interfere with anything we do that's independent of their wishes. In return, I'll tell you what I've told the current Black Talon, about the organization that built me.

(This female being must've felt a not-undue pride in regards to the Black Talon. She considered the knowledge very important to her. Knowledge...which was all that she had left of them now. Apart from her own being, that was it. Still, a little background on her origins would either settle or rile up Xerox's concerns. Indeed, she was a war machine, but could it be so bad if it sorely missed its own people?)

Dark Prince
Member Avatar
Call me cute again...

Nemy: It's still a long road, but it definitely won't be boring.

"Thats good news” he said without any sarcasm. “I didn’t expect boredom, but I appreciate the honesty” he added.

Nemy: The first steps are the easiest that I can think of at the moment. You know your organization best. Even though they are afraid of you, they created you, and so they have significent abilities. Tell me about them, and if you think they'll interfere with anything we do that's independent of their wishes. In return, I'll tell you what I've told the current Black Talon, about the organization that built me.

Xerox closed his eyes for a moment, what little knowledge he had of his organization was probably the only thing keeping him from being completely out of their radar, he pulled out a notebook and scribbled for a second. “The simple answer, I honestly don’t think they will interfere as long they don’t think I will not interfere with their operations.”

He tried to think what defined them, “Biological creations, they have modified humans in order to have meta human like abilities, they have enhanced meta humans abilities ten fold, they have made us from nothing… infused me with something they didn’t understand” a soft glow came to his eyes as his symbiote awoke and small tendrils covered his hand. “They want to jumpstart evolution by subjecting their creations through hell, they purposely put defects on their creations, believing this will lead to their powers to compensate.”

Lord Massacre
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(His answer was a little bit odd, but it seemed like the main thing was a matter of interference being the key issue. The information he had about their capabilities was what immediately interested her. Her eyes literally lit up at the waking up of his symbiot, scanning it in attempt to discern its nature. Very interesting...and very useful. She let off a smile as she spoke next.)

Nemy: We may have to interfere with them at some point. We may need their technology to jumpstart certain areas of the process. I will explain.

(Here, she took to leaning against the tree now, as she began the tale of the Black Talon.)

Nemy: In a future where technology has reached the point where space colonies may be formed and set out into the solar system, the Black Talon that I know was born. Originally, as a colony ship created to explore the galaxy and seek out new worlds to live on, the self-sustaining ship Black Legion instead halted progress around Pluto and began a generations-long experiment in genetic engineering and technological advancement. They needed to be certain that any humans living on any alien world would be at its absolute peak in performance, no matter the situation. Hidden from other human colonies and Earth itself, this process eventually create humans with great physical capability and mental concentration, with brains advanced to memorize and coordinate all details and even consciously control every function of the body. Think of it. Complete control over your own emotions, your appetite, your adrenaline surges, and even the focus of your healing. Every human in the world can achieve this without meta-human power. My world had few such people. It took years of quiet and patient research to create it.

(Humans in control of their own selves were something else. As Nemy recalled, their reaction times and concentration was astonishing. They were aware of everything around them, distracted by none except for what it was that was most important to them. Extremely accurate, very quick and strong, and most of all...very intelligent and capable of bringing it all to bear in the best way possible.)

Nemy: My own creation took just as long, maybe longer. For while their genetic advancement grew, so did their mental capacity and capabiliy to engineer mechanically. This world had the giant robots you see in television today. They were the weapons of war, and the Black Talon had the ability to create those, as well. Among other things, they needed a base, a true self-sustaining place that would be a surrogate world for them in space when they left home for good. That was me.

(She shrugged.)

Nemy: Well, not precisely me. I am, as always, the core being you see before you. I lived inside the main reactor, controlling it all, though. I was born in there, from the height of their technological and genetic understanding. The machine called Nemesis and me were one. It was my body, and I managed it as its brain. I've seen alot of movies - They required an extensive entertainment section on board, you see. - and there's a number of things there about artificial worlds, robot planets, and such-like? That's what I was. That's what the Black Talon created and lost. I am a weapon of war, and I was even put to use, but...I lost.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Shinjuku Park · Next Topic »
Add Reply