Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
AHS Announcements
Staff Announcement

A Mysterious Message!
Read Yours!

Now Up to the Plate!
Read More!

A new skin has been added in honor of the season! Also, Brackenridge Manor has opened it's doors! The butler has some words of warning for you.

Cordially, Icarus
Main Storyline Information

Current Storyline Thread
Party at Brackenridge

Welcome, you are currently not logged in. Without being logged in you are limited to posting in Contact the Staff and the Advertising forum. You are welcome to read as much as you like, but when you are ready to join, go ahead and read the rules and create an account!

Create an Account!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Going Home (Open)
Topic Started: Dec 23 2016, 08:54 PM (262 Views)
Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
Cecil was busy. He was a mess to put it simply. His hair was unkept, and his eyes had bags around them. The room was mostly empty, except for a few boxes. He'd been busy packing up as much as he could, though he couldn't quite reach some of the items. "Come on, just a little more and I'm done."

The hallway outside his room had several boxes stacked against the wall, and his door was open to the hallway. The sounds of his wheelchair skidding about was easily heard. "Oh no! Oh no no no nonono!"

And with that, a loud thud could be heard as the wheelchair flipped over, Cecil knocked up against a box. Grabbing his head, Cecil groaned as he laid there strapped to his wheelchair. As he started trying to get up, Cecil slipped slightly, unable to get a good grip. But why was Cecil in such a hurry? Well few knew of his home life, the lack of a father figure, or the fact that his mother was possibly remarrying. He kept most of this to himself since he didn't want to worry Piper or by extension Griffon. As he laid there, he couldn't help but wonder why things turned out like this.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rika had been heading put to the cafeteria to fond some fruit to eat when she heard a thud. Skidding to a stop, she looked inside. Her red and green eyes zeroed in on the man in the wheel chair. She wore a red victorian style dress witha red cloak. Her white blonde hair curled around her face.

"Hey are you alright?"

Her heels were soft as she stepped inside and looked at the wheel chair. Now this was her first encounter with such a contraption. It intrigued her but it was shadowed by her concern.

"Do you need help?"

She squatted down in front of him. The manners of asking to enter a room never crossed her mind. Simply because she didn't know those manners. The tribe in Borneo didn't have many boundaries where she was concerned.

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
"Hey are you alright?"

"Ehh... A bit of a headache.."

Plus falling over wasn't exactly a great bonus. He looked over his shoulder at the blonde haired girl. "Do you need any help?"

Cecil nodded slightly, "If you could help set my wheelchair back up properly, then I'd be better off."

While he found it odd that she just walked into his room, Cecil was more relieved that someone came that could help him. He was fairly certain that he'd be stuck here for a few hours or so at worst. But this was a rather nice surprise to an annoying day.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"Thats not good. Do you need some medicine?"

He asked about helping him back up. She took a moment to study him before helping him get back up. It was a bit of a struggle for her but when she got him up righted, she smiled.

"How's that? Is that better?" Then she decided to back track. "Is that what you call your chair? A wheelchair?" It sounded as if she was actually trying out the word for the first time.

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
"Do you need some medicine?"

Cecil shook his head no, "No, I'm fine besides that."

As he was shifted back up, Cecil rolled around slightly to face the girl. "Thank you for that, and yet it's a wheelchair."

Cecil gave her a curious look, "I take it you aren't use to this?"

He couldn't help but find it odd how she said wheelchair, but it could be left to a language barrier. Cecil readjusted his legs and straightened his shirt some. With someone else here, he'd try to not look like quite a slob.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"Welcome."

She gave him a smile and waited for him to readjust but wjen he asked her about the knowledge about wheelchairs she gave him a short explanation.

"No. This is the first time i have seen such a invention at use. Back in my village, modern technology was unheard of. When I was brought here, I was shown several new devices that I was supposed to know how to use."

It kinda explained why her dress looked rather out dated wjen compared to modern day clothes.

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
Cecil nodded, "Ok, well I'm Cecil. Thank you for helping me up."

Cecil rolled over to some boxes, taping them shut. "To be fair, I can't say that your people have a lovely style of dress. Certainly nicer than most people now a days."

If not for the rush, Cecil would have been dressed a bit nicer. He kept taping boxes shut, rolling around the room as he did so. "I really do hate moving. Having to pack up and leave is so very tiring."

He looked over at the girl, "Would you like to ask any questions about my wheelchair? Or anything else around here?"

Cecil wasn't trying to be rude, he was certain that she was smart. But it was obvious that she didn't know everything, but who does?

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"I'm Rika," she introduced. "Its not a problem. I'm happy to help."

She beamed as she looked at her dress. She picked the skirt up a few inches and swished it. "I got this style from a few books travelers left. I think one book was Tarzan. But they got me dresses like the lady in the book."

Moving she watched him move around. And he was quite skilled at it. And nice to her.

"Why do you have to leave? Do you want help?" But then he opened up her curiosity. "Does the wheelchair make packing hard? Do you have any more fun gizmos?"

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
Cecil looked at her, "Um.. I guess you could say that I leave because I have to. And as for help, I could use some help moving these boxes into the hallway."

He motioned to the few boxes left in the room. They didn't appear heavy, but for Cecil it was obvious why he could use some help with them. "As for gizmos, you can look at this."

He reached into his bag, pulling out a small cane. Hitting a button on it caused it to extend as he passed it to Rika. "Just don't hit the red button. That'll trigger the shock part of it. The rest are fairly straight forward. One extends it, one shrinks it, and the other acts as a magnet for it."

Cecil picked up one of the boxes, putting it in his lap. "I suppose I should have told people I was leaving, but the only people that would care are exactly the people that I don't want to know. I know how they'd act, and.. I don't think I could handle that."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"I can move them," she said and padded to one box.

Scooping it up, she took it out to the hall. But when she came back he had a new gizmo. With awe in her red and green eyes, she studied it. Rika was able to listen as he spoke. That snagged her attention more then the gizmo.

"Why do you want them to worry about you? Will your resolve change if they know?"

She smoothed her fingers over the cane as she waited. Waited to learn.

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
"Resolve... Yeah it would. One would be glad to see me go, and I'd not give him that satisfaction."

He sighed as he put the box down in the hallway, carefully stacking it with the other boxes. "The other... I just can't tell her. Call me crazy, but I don't want to hurt her. Yet by leaving without telling her will bring her pain, but telling her will also cause a stir."

Cecil rolled back into the room, grabbing another box. "It's simpler for me to vanish without them knowing. Sure it's selfish, petty, and rather cowardly; but it's for the best."

He rolled out of the room, stacking the box with the rest. "Sorry about that. Just feels good to get that off my chest."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Rika followed him and helped him set the boxes outside as he spoke. Now she didn't know many people outside of the pride. Saul, Eden and Sera were about her only friends.

"I think the hurt feeling of her finding out you've left without a word will be worse then if you actually tell her." She hummed. "No need to be sorry. I was told I'm a good listener. Even if I don't completely understand modern society."

Then her face grew serious. "But Cecil, I think you should at least tell the girl. Whether its in a letter or telegram." Telegram. Obviously she didn't text. "Even phone would work better then just vanishing. What happens if she goes to look for you and she gets hurt or worse? The elders from my tribe always made sure of everyone's coming and goings so no one would worry."

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
Cecil nodded, frowning slightly. "I suppose your right. I shouldn't just up and vanish."

He rolled back into the room, grabbing the last of the boxes. "I guess I'll leave her a note. Better for her to find out like that, then through the grapevine."

Cecil pulled out a small notepad, and quickly wrote down a short message.
Spoiler: click to toggle

As he finished writing, he folded the note up. "Thanks for your help Rika. Not sure what I'd done if you hadn't picked me up."

He looked around the room one last time, before rolling out into the hallway. "I'll be fine from here, I just have to call some people to move these to the docks."

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"Agreed."

She watched him pen the letter and wondered how the recipient would take it. She hoped the girl and Cecil would meet again.

"Its not a problem Cecil. I am happy to help. I'm sure someone would have came to help or you would have figured out a way to get up. You sound smart." She gave him a smile. "Oh and your stick!" She handed it back to him.

"You sure? You don't need any company or anymore help?" She wanted to make sure he didn't have anything else he needed from her. She was willing to help him or even just talk to him until he left.

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
As he took back his cane, he nodded. "I'll be alright. And I'm not nearly as smart as I sound."

He gave her a smile, "After they take these away, I'll deliver this and be on my way."

Cecil pulled out his phone, and started to dial the movers. "Thanks again Rika."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · The Dorms · Next Topic »
Add Reply