Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
AHS Announcements
Staff Announcement

A Mysterious Message!
Read Yours!

Now Up to the Plate!
Read More!

A new skin has been added in honor of the season! Also, Brackenridge Manor has opened it's doors! The butler has some words of warning for you.

Cordially, Icarus
Main Storyline Information

Current Storyline Thread
Party at Brackenridge

Welcome, you are currently not logged in. Without being logged in you are limited to posting in Contact the Staff and the Advertising forum. You are welcome to read as much as you like, but when you are ready to join, go ahead and read the rules and create an account!

Create an Account!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Friendship Long Forgotten (Panda Doll)
Topic Started: Jan 4 2017, 07:13 PM (139 Views)
Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
The cafeteria was mostly empty. It was late, yet students were still coming and going from the cafeteria. Few students were still eating food, yet the cafeteria was still stocked with hot meals. Cid sat quietly near the entrance eating a bowl of soup. It was peaceful.

Cid was coated in grease and stains scattered across his clothes. His mechanical hand was sitting on the table, completely detached from his body. "Ahhh... A filling meal after a long day."

The soup was half empty, but there were several bowls under it. A small pile of napkins sat in front of Cid, blackened from his attempt to clean his hands. There were several pieces of paper on the table as well, mostly scratched out drawings and notes. Cid sat there, staring at the notes, his spoon clinking against the bowl.

"No no no... That won't do."

Cid had been busy these last few years, working jobs and studying for classes. He'd not seen Abril or anyone else for sometime now. And he missed that. He'd spent so much time working, instead of spending time with friends. And soon he'd be leaving Searchlight as a graduate, yet that was still months away from now. "I've really screwed this one up."

He emptied his bowl of soup, "Gotta find Abril."
Edited by Hiroto Sato, Jan 21 2017, 06:57 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Doll
Member Avatar
Deadly Cute
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
She was tired and oh so lonely. All her friends were away for Felicia's ball in Tel Aviv. She had to work for Veritas and couldn't possibly leave for a dance plus they all had admirers or boyfriends and she was just alone. Even mad little Corinne had a lover.

She was in her work attire. A simple brown pencil skirt with teal piping and teal lace at the edge and a teal silk blouse. Her hair was tucked into a tidy bun and her brown heels clicked along the cafeteria floor as she moved briskly toward a late supper.

She smiled at all the variety and ordered a simple grilled cheese on wheat and a thick tomato bisque. She grabbed a few other things and a pepsi. She needed the caffeine to finish her schoolwork before bed. Her eyes scanned the area for a place to sit. They settled on a familiar face that she had not seen since he stood her up at the singles ball. Cid.

She felt her heart flutter and her cheeks heat. She took a deep breath and strode over to the table and asked in her clear and accentless way, "Hello Cid. May I join you for dinner? I haven't seen you in ages."

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
Cid looked up at Abril as she stood there, "Abril? Certainly, please sit down. I was actually just about to look for you."

He cleared his throat, shuffling in his seat slightly. "It's been a while hasn't it?"

Putting his spoon down, clinking in the bowl as it settled. Cid wiped his mouth clean of any leftover soup. He moved the bowls aside, clearing the space in front of himself. "I really am sorry I missed the dance. I never got the chance to say that till now, I've been busy since then.. But that's no excuse for leaving you waiting."

He said this while looking down at his hand, fiddling with a pencil as he talked. His heart was beating quite a bit faster than normal, and he kept shuffling in his seat. Cid was uneasy, a mix of guilt and anxiety about the whole situation. Abril was probably the closest friend he had, and Cid wasn't even sure where he stood with her after all the time that had passed.

Panda Doll
Member Avatar
Deadly Cute
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yes I know. I waited. I had hoped you would look me up afterwards. But...you never did. I thought after my raid on Veritas...what I did that night...put you off seeing me. And I tried dating but the one attempt fell through and lately it is all work and school." she said.

She sipped the thick warm soup. "I am happy to see you. I thought we were friends since the day I blew up you hand." she said.

Abril felt nervous. "I had always well...I had hoped...that you would and I would be more than friends. I was very attracted to you...looking at you now smudged and rumpled I still do." She said looking at him.

Abril had been spending time with many bold and wild girls and she was learning to go after the things she wanted. And she had let this one thing that she had wanted that she had let slip through her fingers. She wasn't about to let it fall away again.

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
Cid looked up at Abril, not surprised by her words, but obviously happy to hear them. He smiled at her, "I-I always liked you."

He kept fiddling with the pencil, "Nothing you ever did put me off... You always spoke your mind, and I always like that."

Cid put the pencil down, placing his hand on the table. The anxiety was mostly gone, and Cid was feeling happier. "I wish I hadn't been so busy working. Imagine what we could have done?"

Between the two of them what could have happened? What inventions created? What changes to their lives? Cid knew resting on the past wasn't healthy, nor day dreaming the time away. But it was a happy thought.

Panda Doll
Member Avatar
Deadly Cute
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"I think it's actually good we took time to grow up a bit. I have my condition more controlled and am doing well at work. It is a condition of my survival and if we had dated too soon I may have been distracted from my responsibilities. But now I have time and I feel like...I won't put you in danger. One touch and I could break every weak point in your rib cage." She said looking at her hands with sadness. Her sister had been the healer the creator.

"Now that this is out in the open...what shall we do about it?" She asked taking a bite of her sandwich. She looked so proper and put together that when a wild red head and a dark haired girl with mad eyes eyes approached she sighed. They looked the furthest thing from what you would think her friends would look like but Emerie and Shiori were her close friends. She shook her head before looking at Cid and both girls looked back and forth and squealed jumping up and down.

All Abril could do was face palm.

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
"I guess your right, though I doubt an explosion would do much harm to me. I did survive a car crash as a kid."

Well it didn't exactly end as a car crash, more of a small bomb explosion really. But Cid didn't feel like mentioning that part. "I still don't have much control of my own power, but I-I don't fear it as much as I did."

He heard the squealing, "Oh no."

As Abril face palmed, Cid's face turned slightly red as he started attaching his arm again. Strapping his battery to his belt, and moving his robotic arm about some. "As for what we should do, well I think we might have some company joining us shortly."

Cid's robotic arm hadn't changed much in the few years that had passed, it had a bit more plating on it; covering up more wiring than before. Cid had even tried detailing parts of the paneling with small chiseled lines in the metal. Cid remembered Abril's friends, how they were quite the contrast to her, and how they were quite loud at times.

Panda Doll
Member Avatar
Deadly Cute
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Abril glared at her friends and lifted her hands her palms glowing blue. Both girls paled and ran off. She smiled and looked back Cid. "It's not an explosion my power snaps things at there weakest point. I can implode buildings by touching them. Skeletal systems too." she answered.

She took a deep breath. Emerie and Shiori had gotten there food but wisely chosen to sit a few tables away. When their men both of them uneasy with each settled they lost focus on Abril and her crush.

"So would you like to go on a date?" she said very direct. It had worked so far and she was going to see this through. She had seen this almost pass her by once and now that it seemed Cerberus wasn't breathing down her neck she was doing okay.

Hiroto Sato
Member Avatar
Dungeon Crawler
[ *  *  * ]
Cid gently grabbed Abril's hand, "I think that would be wonderful."

He smiled at her, a wide grin that went from ear to ear. "I think this has been long over do. Perhaps a movie and dinner?"

Cid kept smiling as he held on to Abril's hand. The night was getting later, and Cid was starting to feel a bit tired. But he was still wide eyed and excited. He rested his head on his metal hand, smiling at Abril as he did. He was happy, genuinely ecstatic.

The clock kept ticking away in the background as more people started to leave. Soon conversations could easily be heard, but only to prying ears.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Cafeteria · Next Topic »
Add Reply