Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
AHS Announcements
Staff Announcement

A Mysterious Message!
Read Yours!

Now Up to the Plate!
Read More!

A new skin has been added in honor of the season! Also, Brackenridge Manor has opened it's doors! The butler has some words of warning for you.

Cordially, Icarus
Main Storyline Information

Current Storyline Thread
Party at Brackenridge

Welcome, you are currently not logged in. Without being logged in you are limited to posting in Contact the Staff and the Advertising forum. You are welcome to read as much as you like, but when you are ready to join, go ahead and read the rules and create an account!

Create an Account!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bad News; Chibi
Topic Started: Mar 29 2017, 03:59 PM (721 Views)
StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen recently turned eighteen and he was excited, beyond excited really as he and his girlfriend could be more public with their relationship, and the fact was that he wouldn't need a parent's approval to propose to the woman he loved. He was planning a big day for them on their day off and that was going to be tomorrow. He was excited as he had a big day planned and he had saved a lot of his own money for it. He had even bought the ring if the time seemed right he was going to propose. Tomorrow they were going to spend the whole day together. However before Adrianna got home Stephen had another visitor and it changed everything.

His happiness seemed secondary from the news he had received and when Adrianna would arrive home she would see Stephen wearing his hoodie with the hood up covering his face. He wasn't crying but it was odd since he only ever did that when he was going out to heavily crowded areas by himself.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Adrianna had been pulling several all nighters because of a recently shortage of doctors and nurses. It was hard but she had pulled it off. A new doctor had just been hired to give her extra time from the hospital. Adrianna was actually pretty excited to spend time with her boyfriend. Stephen had been finishing school so he could join her in her own clinic.

Dressed in orange scrubs, Adrianna stepped into the house she shared with Stephen. However when her emerald eyes landed on him, she started and frowned.

"Stephen, what's going on? Why are you dressed like that?"

Her voice was low as she studied him. Her blonde hair had been recently cut short again but her bangs curled around the inverted triangle that was the tell tale sign that she wasn't completely human but a cyborg.

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen moved his head to signal that he heard Adrianna but he didn't take his hood down or even look up. His hands started shaking as he spoke soft words, "It's my... m-mother..." He spoke as he was was trying not to break down in front of Adrianna. "She's... gone..." That was all he said as he felt sick to his stomach. A part of him felt like it was his own fault, his own weakness that couldn't cure his mother. However in the end he felt a numbness, like a piece of him died.

He pointed with a shaky hand to a piece of paper on the coffee table. It was an address to a lawyer's office where he would hear her last will and testament. He didn't want to even think about lawyers, not now. He was a mix of emotions, sadness, numbness, anger, everything he was struggling to keep inside. He didn't want Adrianna to see him weak ever again, and in his mind that meant he couldn't cry even though that was all he wanted to do right now.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Adrianna blinked as the information settled in her brain. It was sad. She barely remembered her own mother but she had blamed herself when her mother died. Settled down her bag, she moved to Stephen.

"I'm so sorry Stephen," ahe said softly.

Reaching up she pulled his hood down so she could see his face. Her own eyes were wet. She pulled him close to her.

"Let it all out, sweetheart. Death is painful."

She never thought he was weak. Death was common and it was painful.

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen looked at Adrianna as she pulled his hood down, he had tears welling up in his eyes. When she moved closer to him and told him to let it all out he lost it. He put his arms around her as tears began to roll down his face, he put his face into her shoulder as he cried, "It's my fault!" He sobbed as he was breaking down. He felt that if his power was stronger, if he was able to focus more that he would have been strong enough to cure his mother, to save her and the fact that she now passed was tearing him up inside.

The thing that made him more sad than anything else was knowing that his mother wouldn't be there to see him become a man, to see him marry the woman he loved, to see him become a father and for her to become a grandmother. In his moment of grief he also felt loved, he felt Adrianna's warmth and he was happy to have her in his life.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"Its not your fault. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise," she said as she held him. She had lost her mother when she was small. She had blamed herself because of wanting that new toy. They had gone earlier because of her.

"Your mother is free from her sickness amd is watching you as we speak. Our loved ones never truly leave us."

Her own eyes were misting as she spoke. Her own heart hurt for him. Hurt because he had worked so hard to heal her. But sometimes things weren't supposed to be that way. People weren't supposed to be healed..

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen just couldn't hold back, he knew that Adrianna was right, that it wasn't his fault and that his mother was at peace, but he still just felt weak and broken. And today, it was supposed to be a big day for him. He wiped his tears away as he looked at Adrianna, "Do you still want to go out tonight?" The truth was that even with this bad news he wanted to still go out for a romantic diner with Adrianna, and even though he had been seen at his weakest by her, he still wanted to follow through with his plans.

His plans of course happened to be in his pants pocket, he was planning on proposing to Adrianna now that he was eighteen. He wanted to make Adrianna his wife, to be able to heal her and provide her with children. He was so close to that goal now, all he really needed was a surgeon that they could trust. "If you don't will you allow me to cook you diner?" He wanted to spend time with Adrianna, he always did but even more so now because he didn't want to think about the bad news he had received any longer.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"We can. I don't mind Stephen but it all depends on you. If you feel up to eating out we can, if not we will stay in. We can order a pizza so you don't have to cook."

He was willing to do whatever it took but Adrianna just wanted him to be alright. Losing a mother was hard so if he just wanted to order in and watch a movie, she was alright.

"I don't want you to feel like you have to take me out or cook if you don't want too."

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen shook his head, "I... I want it to be special." It was clear there was more on his mind than just a simple date. "Let me make dinner for you, what do you want?" Cooking was also therapeutic for him in a way, he always felt much better whenever he cooked food for someone he cared about and there was nobody in this life that he cared for more than Adrianna. He was madly in love her and even through the bad news he was hoping to turn this bad day into something good.

In the end, he was eighteen now and he had saved up money for a while and he was ready to propose to Adrianna. He hoped that after today they would no longer be boyfriend and girlfriend, but fiancé and fiancée. He also was hoping that they would be able to make their relationship public soon.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Adrianna was dense. She gave him a soft smile and nodded. While she had been looking forward to going out for his birthday, she was alright with staying at home.

"Stephen surprise me. Pick a recipe and make it. You make great food."

She took his hand and hers and squeezed softly. She was trying to be there for him and make him happy. Adrianna was in love with him.

"I just want you to be happy."

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen smiled at Adrianna as she took his hand, he moved forward and kissed her gently. It wasn't one of his overly sexual kisses, but a sweet and gently one, filled his his love for her. After he ended the kiss he moved, "You could watch TV while I cook us up some food." He had an idea of what he wanted to make and he wanted to do it without any help. He wanted to put his heart into the food and hoped that he would be able to save this night and make it special and unforgettable. He knew that his mother wouldn't want him to sacrifice a special night between him and his love.

He let go of Adrianna's hand and moved into the kitchen. Their house was much bigger than the apartment that Adrianna used to have and their kitchen was filled stocked and furnished. He began to prep the oven and took out the food he was going to use from the fridge. He was getting all his seasonings ready as well, he would make sure that Adrianna would love this meal.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Adrianna leaned into the simple kiss. It was a nice change. Not that she didn't like his othet ones. She loved those but she loved the set ones to.

"Alright. I actually have some files I can't alien one unless you want me watching tv?"

She could be quite absorbed into her work at times so she didn't know if he wanted her to work on the paperwork.

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen took a moment from preparing everything in the kitchen to run back to where Adrianna was. He gave her another innocent kiss and then told her, "You can only work if you promise to put it away when dinner is ready." He wanted everything to be perfect and her work as a doctor was important. He wanted to help others no matter what and he wouldn't suggest doing otherwise unless it was important, but for while he was cooking he figured it would be okay.

Then he was running back into the kitchen, he had seemed to find his excitement for this night again, to be able to cook food for the woman he loved and then he had a surprise for her when it was over. He was still going to do it, despite the bad news he wasn't going to let it ruin this day.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Adrianna chuckled into the kiss but nodded at the promise. She could do that. It wasn't as hard as one would think. At times.

"Alright."

Stepping into her study she settled down, and began looking at some files. They were important to her because it was how her body was changing thanks to Stephen's work. Some of it was peculiar.

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen continued to finish preparations and soon he was cooking. It would be about thirty to forty minutes before he had everything finished. He moved to Adrianna's study. "The food is ready." He spoke to her excitedly as he moved towards and and took her hand into his before leading her to the kitchen. He had already set the table and the food was ready.

"For our meal this evening I prepared sauteed mushrooms and asparagus along with baked chicken cutlets." The food looked outstanding, professional even. He had put everything into this meal, cooking from the heart with all of his love that he had for Adrianna.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Adrianna was so into her reading that she jumped when he entered her study and spoke. Swiveling her emerald eyes to him she smiled and closed the file.

"Already?"

He led her to kitchen and she could smell her favorite food. He had made her favorite. Smiling she kissed him on the cheek.

"It looks delicious," she said and moved to sit at the table.

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen smiled brightly and took off his jacket, placing it on his chair as he sat down. "I hope you like it." He wanted this meal to be special and he had the perfect way to end it, he just hoped and prayed that she would say yes. He knew they loved each other but marriage was different. He wanted her to be his wife and for him to be her husband, to take that next step. And with his power and the knowledge he was gaining he knew it was only a matter of time before he would make her human again and they could have a child together.

Stephen looked across the table at Adrianna and then he began to over think everything. "I forgot to get candles!!" He blurted out as he stood up and quickly began looking through the kitchen for candles. He did find some that he had gotten in case the restaurant he originally planned to go to with her was closed. He began to light the candles, "What do you want to drink?" He wondered if she wanted some or water or juice or soda or something to go with the food.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"You made my favorite so of course I'll like it."

Adrianna had no sooner taken a bite of her food when he jumped up. He was never this anxious but she had to laugh. She chalked it up to him feeling bad a out his mother.

"Stephen you don't need candles," she said softly even as he lit them. She smiled at him. "And sweet tea is alright. Thank you."

She never kept alcohol unless it was used for cooking. Being a doctor as she was, she was on call all the time. For the Sasakis and for the hospital. As well as her clinic.

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen smiled brightly as he opened the fridge and got out the sweet tea, he had it in a cold pitcher and he picked up bother of their cups getting ice in them. He filled her cup with sweet tea and his cup with some water. He put the pitcher back in the fridge and then sat down. At least the rest of the dinner should go well, of course it was very possible that Adrianna would find out that something was up, that he was acting stranger than usual.

At least for the moment though he seemed to be doing alright. "So, I think I might be getting close to a break through." He said between bites of food, making sure to chew and swallow everything before speaking, of course having good table manners was never something he had to worry about since it was taught to him at a young age. The break through he spoke of however was what he was dedicating everything to, and that was turning Adrianna into a human and getting her pregnant.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Adrianna drank some tea and hummed in happiness. It was delicious. She cut into her chicken and took some bites. It was just as great as always. Until he had decided to stay with here, she had always eaten frozen food. After then, Stephen always cooked and provided healthy meals. And exercise.

"Really? What exactly have you came up with?"

Adrianna was curious because she knew her own body was changing. The studies showed it. She just wasn't sure what exactly to make of it. For so long she had been a cyborg, that she didn't know how to feel. She didn't want to get her hopes up to just be let down but the progress was undeniable.

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen smiled as he looked at Adrianna, "If we can get a very skilled surgeon, they could remove the mechanical parts by your uterus and I can use my power to regrow the organs. With some more research and a few surgeries we should be able to replace all your mechanical parts and using my power I can regrow all of your organs. I've mostly been studying the female reproductive organs so I'm confident for the moment that we can make it so you can have children."

He had been studying hard, and he was dedicated, he knew what his power was capable of and what it wasn't, at the moment he was confident in being able to replace soft tissue and organs, but bones would take some more time and while he was able to keep whatever disease that was inside of Adrianna under control he wouldn't be able to completely get rid of it until she was entirely human. But his power kept it in check easily and it was possible that they could love a long happy life like this, but if anything were to happen to him he wanted to make sure that Adrianna would be okay.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"Can you do that much healing and regrowth at one time?" Adrianna asked. She could feel her heart speed up and she had to look at him with wide eyes. It was almost unbelievable. She wanted to have children and he was making things come to reality.

"And how would you know that it could all work?"

She licked her lips and took another bite of food. It was So sweet of him to be working so hard towards this issue. It made her love him more. And their relationship had been forbidden for the last while. Be had been under 18 and she was nearly 25 years old at that time. But now he was 18 and able to be with her.

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen took more bites of his food as he listened to Adrianna's questions. He swallowed down his food and took a sip of water before speaking, "We'll have to break it down in several smaller procedures, but the one for your uterus I'm confident I can do in one operation. As for whether it will work I am confident I. That as well because of Mr. Jacob, when I healed his eyes from nothing they seemed to work perfectly, and I wasn't as knowledgeable on that as I am on the female reproductive organs now, so I think it will work."

He had worked hard to learn and retain a lot of information and when he was fully done he would know as much about human anatomy as any expert in the world. For him at that point getting through medical school would be a breeze since he would know more than most of his teachers. He wasn't like Drogo or Wilhelm or anyone with an advanced intelligence, he worked hard to be able to keep this information in his head and he would continue to work hard until Adrianna was completely human again.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Adrianna blushed and nodded. For some reason the idea of getting a uterus again made her giddy and nervous all at the same time. She had t had a period at all and getting one would mean having to buy all the things that went with having a uterus.

"That's reassuring," She said with a smile. "When do you expect to do something like this and have you contacted a surgeon?"

She needed to know so she could speak to the surgeon before hand. So that.person would know what was happening.

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen looked a bit nervous when asked about the surgeon part. "Well, we can probably do the procedure whenever you're ready, the problem is the legal part. It's not exactly something a licenced surgeon would get involved with and I was talking about it with someone else." That someone else was Nikolai, the boy that was living with them. "And I might have found someone that could do what I need done, but you won't like it."

He swallowed before speaking again, afraid of what Adrianna's reaction would be, "Jack Kawaguchi. I was talking to Niko and he told me that Jackie was one of the most skilled surgeons in the Gulag. He said he had performed hundreds of transplants while that and had only failed to save three or four people when he was working as a surgeon." Stephen didn't know how amazing that actually was. The Gulag was a place that was filled with death and torture and to know someone was as capable at saving lives as he was at taking them in that place was quite astounding.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"I'm quite familiar with the illegal prospects that are needed," she said. He presented the person that was able to do it. Freezing, she glanced at him. He couldn't be serious.

"Do we really trust him? He could decide to kill me and there's nothing you could do about it," Adrianna pointed out. "And where is Nikolai?"

She really hadn't seem him that day. Always she tried to keep tabs on him and be motherly towards him.

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
"No, I don't trust him at all, which is why we haven't done the operation yet, but he might be the only option we have unless we know another surgeon." It was too bad that Stephen didn't know Drogo that well since Drogo was actually capable of being an expert surgeon. "I asked if Nikolai could spend some time with Jason for tonight." Stephen wanted this night to be special and he even had spending it here as a backup plan ready as well.

Stephen continued to eat and then he realized he forgot something and there was a look of horror on his face. How could I be so forgetful? he thought to himself as he couldn't hide the look on his face.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
"I might know a few people," she said softly, not really wanting to divulge that information. There were a lot of dark dealings going on.

Then she looked puzzled. He looked completely horrified. Tilting her head, she tried to figure out what was wrong.

"Stephen is something wrong?"

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen looked at Adrianna and then spoke the word, "Dessert." Then he went quickly speaking everything as quickly as he could, much like how he used to do when he was nervous when they first met.

"I forgot to get desert. I was at the store picking up the stuff for dinner and then on the way home I had thought that dessert would make everything perfect and the home cooked meal was the back up plan for if we didn't go out to eat so I knew I wanted to get something for dessert so I spent time thinking about what to get. Cake? Cookies? No, ice cream! I thought it would be perfect if we could make our own ice cream sundaes for dessert. So I was going to get everything for that, got fudge, caramel, chocolate syrup, maybe that stuff that turns into hard chocolate when you put it on ice cream, cookies, gummies, sprinkles, everything. And then I forgot, I'm sorry."

Well, that was certainly a long winded explanation and it was clear that he was really nervous about something, it was clearly not just about dessert, it was obviously more than that.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Adrianna found his nervous chatter endearing. Chuckling, she took a drink before settling back. Her emerald.eyes were bright. Ice cream was good. And toppings were good. They were useful in different ways.

"Stephen, the stores aren't closed. If we hurry up, we can go get everything together. We can decide what to use," Adrianna suggested.

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen looked nervous as he thought about everything, "Won't it ruin the mood? A candlelight dinner and now we have to go shopping for desert. It would ruin it." He was so close to giving away his intentions, at the very least she would know just how special he wanted to make this night although he hasn't fully given away the reason as to why he wanted it to be so special.

He then spoke once more, "But, maybe the mood is already ruined by saying that it might ruin the mood when it fact even saying ruin and mood in the same sentence might ruin the mood. I said it again, damn!" He was working things out loud which he really only did when he was nervous, "Perhaps it can be salvaged, maybe without ice cream. No that's foolish, ice cream is good and I already mentioned it. Unless... maybe..." Next he looked at Adrianna, "Uhh, forget that, desert would be a bad idea since it might make us sick after the dance that we can have." He smiled, but now there was no way that she wouldn't know he was up to something.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Adrianna watched him have his mini freak out over the dessert. It confused her but made her suspicious. What the hell was he going on about with the mood and dancing.

"Stephen, what in the world is going on? You're freaking out over moods, desserts, and a dance, " she said. "It's just me. I don't understand why you're gong through such lengths just for me."

She didn't think Of a proposal at all. In fact she was wondering if it was just a small celebration for them to celebrate his 18th birthday. He was a legal adult now. Soon he'd be on his way to becoming a med student to help her. Our so she hoped. She wanted him to do whatever made him happiest.

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen had let too much information out now and he knew. There was no turning back now as he stood up from the table. "Well... It's because..." He moved to Adrianna's side and then he got on one knee. "I want to ask you..." This was it, it wasn't what he had planned, but he was still going to do it. He pulled out a small box that was meant for a ring and opened it up, in it was a beautiful ring made with gold and an emerald.

"Adrianna Hinako, will you marry me?" Everything would have been clear in that one moment, his nervousness, his desire to make this evening perfect was all because he wanted to propose to her. He wanted her to be his wife and for him to be her husband. Based on the ring he got her it was clear he had been saving up for it and he had thought a lot about this, it was something he truly wanted and now all he could do was hope and pray that she would say yes.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
OH MY GOD. You know that feeling of something you never expected to happen and then it happens? Yea. That was what Adrianna was feeling right now. She had resigned herself to never getting married after Chrono. And then Stephen had come along and decided he wanted her. Adrianna had been skeptical at first but he had proved her wrong. But there had always been a doubt that her life style would get old to him and he's find someone his own age. He was 18 and was just starting his life.

Adrianna heard the words and sat in silence. In shock really as she tried to process everything. In the same calm she always had, she nodded and spoke.

"Yes Stephen. I will marry you."

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen smiled brightly and his eyes lit up with passion as Adrianna agreed to marry him. He took her hand into his own and placed the ring on her finger. They were now engaged and he couldn't have been happier. Stephen loved Adrianna with all of his heart, he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her and bring her happiness. He wanted to be her perfect husband. He would be her perfect husband. Stephen was a very determined individual and he was dedicated to helping people, but lately he's been thinking only of making Adrianna happy and making himself happy.

He then stood back up and pulled Adrianna into his arms. "I love you so much. You've made me the happiest man in the world." Then he kissed her deeply, pushing his tongue into her mouth as he did. He had learned a lot from Adrianna, including how to kiss. He wanted to make her happy and he was planning on doing just that, on making her dream of having a child come true.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Dreams are wishes that come true. Adrianna was still in shock as she stared at the ring on her finger. Tjeubwere engaged. He still wanted her after two years and becoming an adult. It had been a rocky road but they made it to this point and he wanted to marry her.

She didnt get time to respond to his proclamation before he was kissing her. She hummed into the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck. She was truly happy.

"I'm glad. I love you too. When did you get this?"

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen tilted his head, "When did I get the ring? I got it a few days ago after I paid it off. I selected it months ago though, Niko helped me pick it out." By that he meant that Niko stood in the corner and just agreed with whatever Stephen had said. Stephen was so overjoyed that she agreed to marry him, the stress of asking her was now lifted from his shoulders and he would truly relax.

Stephen smiled a mischievous smile before kissing Adrianna gently on her neck. "I have an idea of a substitute for going out and getting ice cream." He spoke softly as his hands moved down her back to her hips and pulled her closer to him, their bodies pressing together as he placed another kiss upon her neck.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
Adrianna laughed. She hadn't noticed him doing any such thing and Niko helped. She knew their little werecat probably didn't say much. She blushed and shuddered as he pulled her close and planted a kiss on her neck.

"And what would that be?" She breathed. She had an idea but she wanted to hear him say it.

StingWolf
R3b0rN Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stephen smiled as she asked him what that would be instead of getting ice cream. "It would be us going into the bedroom and enjoying the taste of each other." He told her before kissing her lips, pushing his tongue into her mouth as he kissed her. When the kiss ended us gently pulled on her bottom lip with his teeth. "I want to make you scream in pleasure." He told her as he stared into her eyes.

Chibi
Member Avatar
~ Chibi ~
She hummed and nodded. It seemed like a good way to end the ev3ning. Closing her eyes she pulled him into a kiss.

"Lead the way Stephen," she said giving him a smile.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · The Residential District · Next Topic »
Add Reply